Spoiler I Won’t Accept Your Regrets

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by mmem, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Anne1102

Anne1102 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More side story !!!! Pleassseeee

luliibunny likes this.
  2. Fera_della

Fera_della Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah more spoiler about side story:cry:

luliibunny and Anne1102 like this.
  3. seabuckthorn

seabuckthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hha, why ML's behavior is so me(i'm girl btw)? Don't know what to do in emotional situation so just standing there when someone is sad or crying-come out as neglectful, thinking various things quietly with deadpan face-come out as cold(my inherent bitchy resting face doesn't help), because I omit background process and only say conclusion mostly because I thought saying too much will make other feel bored-people misunderstood meaning my words or find offensive, ignores people in general.....I shouldn't date after all

Veille and Aron Dare like this.
  4. Sorabito

Sorabito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't think you aren't meant for dating. If you want to date, do what brings up joy. If you don't want to date, so what brings you joy! I too am told I come off as too stiff, too formal, or distant and cold. I just don't want to say things out of knee jerk reactions to things and try to put some thought in case it actually hurts people. There is also a fear of being seen as bored or annoying so I try not to talk too much. You aren't alone and so please don't take negative comments in this thread to heart. Keep in mind that you can always Ignore users by clicking on their usernames. I did that and have found my experience in the forums far more enjoyable :)

Veille and seabuckthorn like this.
  5. akey2096

akey2096 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ellie's belief that Raymond will abandon her for Lisa is grounded on the fact that he had always been indifferent to her. Personally, I'm like the FL. She made the decision based on what she felt and what she saw. Raymond always made her feel that no matter what she did, he will never love her, so what's the use of telling him? You can't blame her for being defensive. She did not tell Raymond about the baby because if the child did not matter to him like Ellie, the child will definitely suffer like she did and she did not want that to happen. Because of the setting of the story and the power struggle that can't be avoided in the imperial family, merely communicating with her husband about something as uncertain as his affections for her will certainly put her baby's life in danger.

My heart literally aches for these kinds of stories. So far, I really like Ellie the best among the FLs of similar genre. Listen here ladies, if you've done everything for your man and he still doesn't choose you, LEAVE! CHOOSE YOURSELF! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING. Only then will he realize that he'd taken for granted something great and now lost it. AND YOU'RE NOT IN ANY WAY OBLIGATED TO COME BACK TO HIM when he realizes that mistake.
    Personally, I don't even pity Raymond when he realizes he loves Ellie but then Ellie already left him and he spent six years looking for her. Ellie spent seven years chasing after him and now it's his turn to chase after her. And when Ellie came back and wouldn't even acknowledge his feelings, now he finally knew how it felt like to love someone who wouldn't love him in return.
    It was obvious though that Ellie still loves him but I definitely understand why she stopped herself from coming back to him. Other people might say it was cruel but she was only protecting herself. Would you let a person in, the same person who already hurt you before, when there is a chance that he might hurt you again? You can't blame her for putting up her defense and yeah the only way for her (and someone like me) to give a guy like Raymond a second chance is when he's already at death's door for her.
    It's a good story, really.

6. muffles

muffles Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the same. I like how she values herself and her child. I mean, I'm glad she left immediately rather than hanging onto him like a masochist begging to be hurt :blobwoah:

7. Johnwill12

Johnwill12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I do feel sorry for Edmund, it’s not his fault that his mother Lize and most of her family are driven by power. I’m glad that Ellie doesn’t have any bad feelings towards Edmund despite who his mother is and what harm she’s caused her. I wonder if Raymond ever showed any affection towards Edmund even if he didn’t feel any towards his mother? I hope that things will work out for Edmund somehow and that he will find love and happiness even if he’s no longer the Crown Prince.

I can’t help but feel sympathy for Edmund, it’s not as if we can choose who are parents are. Yes he did a bad thing with regards to the poison, he was scared that unless he did what Lilia said that the same thing would happen to him and his mother Lize. Then imagine the shock of him learning that Raymond isn’t really his father, and that his mother lied to him. At least Raymond says a few nice words to Edmund that it doesn’t matter whose child he is. I wonder in the 6 years that Raymond was looking for Ellie did he ever show any affection towards Edmund even if he didn’t feel any towards his mother Lize? I hope that Edmund will one day meet a decent girl, fall in love and be happy.

I can’t help but feel sympathy for Edmund, it’s not as if we can choose who are parents are. Yes he did a bad thing with regards to the poison, he was scared that unless he did what Lilia said that the same thing would happen to him and his mother Lize. Then imagine the shock of him learning that Raymond isn’t really his father, and that his mother lied to him. At least Raymond says a few nice words to Edmund that it doesn’t matter whose child he is. I wonder in the 6 years that Raymond was looking for Ellie did he ever show any affection towards Edmund even if he didn’t feel any towards his mother Lize? I hope that Edmund will one day meet a decent girl and find love and happiness
    I feel the same way, and I sincerely hope that Edmund and his uncle Leon will be alright, that they will find a way to make a good living in their new homeland. I think that someone should write a side story about Edmund and Leon even if it’s a fanfic after story. I hope that Edmund will receive a lot of love and guidance from his uncle. I also hope that Edmund will meet a beautiful (and decent) girl, fall in love, marry, and have kids of his own, he deserves to be happy as much as Ellie, Raymond, and Carlisle do.

I can’t help but feel sympathy for Edmund, it’s not as if we can choose who are parents are. Yes he did a bad thing with regards to the poison, he was scared that unless he did what Lilia said that the same thing would happen to him and his mother Lize. Then imagine the shock of him learning that Raymond isn’t really his father, and that his mother lied to him. At least Raymond says a few nice words to Edmund that it doesn’t matter whose child he is. I wonder in the 6 years that Raymond was looking for Ellie did he ever show any affection towards Edmund even if he didn’t feel any towards his mother Lize? I hope that Edmund will one day meet a decent girl and find love and happiness
    I feel the same way, and I sincerely hope that Edmund and his uncle Leon will be alright, that they will find a way to make a good living in their new homeland. I think that someone should write a side story about Edmund and Leon even if it’s a fanfic after story. I hope that Edmund will receive a lot of love and guidance from his uncle. I also hope that Edmund will meet a beautiful (and decent) girl, fall in love, marry, and have kids of his own, he deserves to be happy as
    I have to say that until the the later half of the story that Raymond was a failure as a husband to Ellie, and as a father (father figure) to Edmund. He not only owed Ellie an apology he also owes Edmund an apology for not being able to love him. It’s
    Raymond should not only feel guilty for how he failed Ellie as a husband, but also for not being able to give Edmund the love and attention that he really needed. It’s not like Edmund chose to come there, except for his mother Lize he was like a fish out of water in a place that’s rife with intrigue. Couldn’t he have tried harder to love Edmund just a little? It’s only fair that Raymond will also have regrets about not being much of a father-figure to Edmund. Hopefully Edmund’s uncle Leon will be able to provide the love and support that he never received from Raymond. And I hope that Edmund and his uncle will be a lot happier in their new lives outside of the palace in another kingdom.

I feel the same way, and I sincerely hope that Edmund and his uncle Leon will be alright, that they will find a way to make a good living in their new homeland. I think that someone should write a side story about Edmund and Leon even if it’s a fanfic after story. I hope that Edmund will receive a lot of love and guidance from his uncle. I also hope that Edmund will meet a beautiful (and decent) girl, fall in love, marry, and have kids of his own, he deserves to be happy as
    I have to say that until the the later half of the story that Raymond was a failure as a husband to Ellie, and as a father (father figure) to Edmund. He not only owed Ellie an apology he also owes Edmund an apology for not being able to love him. It’s
    Raymond should not only feel guilty for how he failed Ellie as a husband, but also for not being able to give Edmund the love and attention that he really needed. It’s not like Edmund chose to come there, except for his mother Lize he was like a fish out of water in a place that’s rife with intrigue. Couldn’t he have tried harder to love Edmund just a little? Hopefully Edmund’s uncle Leon will be able to provide the love and support that he never received from Raymond. And I hope that Edmund and his uncle will be a lot happier in their new lives outside of the palace in another kingdom.
    Are you telling me that Raymond should’ve held off marrying Ellie until he fixed himself, and dealt with his personal trauma? How was he able to overcome his trauma later on, did time do that for him or did he have to work at it? Perhaps if that world had psychologists then Raymond could’ve told someone about his trauma and worked his way through it sooner?

Raymond should not only feel guilty for how he failed Ellie as a husband, but also for not being able to give Edmund the love and attention that he really needed. It’s not like Edmund chose to come there, except for his mother Lize he was like a fish out of water in a place that’s rife with intrigue. Couldn’t he have tried harder to love Edmund just a little? Hopefully Edmund’s uncle Leon will be able to provide the love and support that he never received from Raymond. And I hope that Edmund and his uncle will be a lot happier in their new lives outside of the palace in another kingdom.
    You are correct that Edmund’s happiness didn’t need to come at the expense of Ellie’s happiness. And I agree it was too much for her to have to accept him after she had just suffered a miscarriage. But Edmund is just as much a victim in all of this as much as Ellie is, it’s not like he chose to come into the Palace, his mother Lize did that. He was an innocent in all of this and Ellie knew that, at least she never hated Edmund in spite of his mother’s schemes. I also agree that Edmund will be happier living somewhere else alongside his uncle Leon. I do hope that in a few years that he will meet a decent (and lovely) girl, settle down, and have his own family, and be happy.

8. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Edmund is a victim for me but I think you can't never a force a person to love someone no matter what reason you have. Raymund might be distant to Edmund but still he accepted him as his own son when Lize claimed that he was his son. It means he cares for him but he didn't know how to approach him because he didn't feel the connection. You can't just force and tell Ray to love his son when his feelings for Edmund were the opposite of it. I wouldn't want a 'forced' affection y'know.

And Ray was sus about him that he told his aide to investigate what happened to Lize when she was at the other empire. It means he was not really convinced that Edmund is his real biological son but Ray accepted him because he cares and due to the pressure of the nobles. In the end, he didn't kill Edmund together with his mother. He didn't feel any animosity towards Edmund. So I think that's enough.

9. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    You are correct that Edmund’s happiness didn’t need to come at the expense of Ellie’s happiness. And I agree it was too much for her to have to accept him after she had just suffered a miscarriage. But Edmund is just as much a victim in all of this as much as Ellie is, it’s not like he chose to come into the Palace, his mother Lize did that. He was an innocent in all of this and Ellie knew that, at least she never hated Edmund in spite of his mother’s schemes. I also agree that Edmund will be happier living somewhere else alongside his uncle Leon. I do hope that in a few yearsmeet a decent (and lovely) girl, settle down, and have his own family, and be happy.
    I’m not saying that Raymond had to have feelings right from the start, it’s just that he could’ve tried to develop some emotional attachment to him in those 6-7 years. Edmund always wanted Raymond’s affection and he never received it . It’s really sad that Edmund was nothing more than a tool to his mother and her family .

Edmund didn’t poison Carlisle, that was Lize’s maid Lilia, he couldn’t bring himself to do something that horrible. I’m sure that his uncle Leon will give him the love and support that he never received. At least Ellie and Edmund parted ways on better terms, she didn’t appear to have any feelings of malice towards him.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  10. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing here is, you are still trying to force Raymond to atleast have some affection towards Edmund when he did try his best to be a father to him in his own awkward way. He had tea with Edmund and Lize. He officially claimed Edmund as his own son. Edmund was with Raymond for years but I think the fatherly affection he's seeking from Raymond is out of reach since Raymond couldn't even feel the connection between him and Edmund but he just ignored it and tried his best to be a father to Edmund. In the end, even after the poison incident happened he didn't get mad at him but instead he understood him and he let him live his own life together with his uncle. I think that's enough affection he has for Edmund despite he is the son of his brother who killed Ray's mother. You couldn't really just force someone to be affectionate especially when you don't really feel the connection. It doesn't matter if the two of them stayed in one roof for years. His obligation to Edmund has limitations. It's not Ray's fault if he didn't give enough affection to Edmund. Lize made Edmund think that Raymond is his father. Edmund is a victim of his mother and grandfather's greediness. I just don't understand why Raymond is part of the blame of Edmund's misery when he's not even his real son. The only sad thing about it was Ray's affection for Edmund was not enough.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  11. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    Edmund needed more attention and affection than Raymond was able to give him. Does Raymond at least regret not being able to give him the affection that he really needed? Surely Raymond knows that Edmund not to blame for his mother and father’s (Raymond’s half brother) actions, right? I hope that his uncle Leon will give him the kind of affection (and a lot of hugs) as though he was his own child. Honestly, I don’t think Edmund was ever going to be happy in the palace, or being the next monarch. His mother and grandfather would’ve just continued to use him for their own ends.

Maybe his uncle Leon will marry a nice lady and Edmund will finally have a loving mother figure. Years from now, if Carlisle happens to visit the Kingdom Edmund resides in, I hope that they would have a nice reunion in secret? It would be nice to see Edmund happily married to a nice girl and have their own little kids don’t you agree? At least then they will know that they’re both happy.

acac23 and Creolenerd like this.
  12. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing here is, Edmund was brainwashed by his mother that Ray was his father. It was not Edmund's fault for seeking Ray's fatherly affection BUT it's not also Ray's fault for not giving ENOUGH affection to Edmund. Why would y'all trying to blame Ray for not being a 'father' enough to Edmund when he is not the real father of Edmund? Why would he regret for not giving the affection that Edmund needed? He might but that's all he could give to Edmund. Ray had already given enough affection to him and Ray let Edmund live his life peacefully together with his uncle. I'm sure that's enough considering he is concern about Edmund's well-being.

I just don't understand why some pips keeps blaming everything to Ray and just ignores the fact that there's Lize and her father who brainwashed Edmund that his father was Ray just because of their greediness.

spchntrt, phamtasia, Pixy and 5 others like this.
  13. shimar

shimar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am totally not reading the manhwa. The graphics was disappointing. It keeps turning me off because of the wrongly drawn proportions (especially for kid drawing).

Thank you for the spoilers here. I would be happy reading them until the end.

Veille likes this.
  14. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to be overlooking the fact that Raymond didn’t know that Edmund wasn’t his son until much later on? Edmund really needed affection, and it’s unfortunate that Raymond wasn’t able to give him what he needed. Leon appears to be the only person who genuinely cares about Edmund, I’m sure that he will give him affection. They should’ve written an epilogue set some years in the future about how well Carlisle and Edmund have been fairing? I imagine Edmund with a loving family of his own, and being truly happy. He deserves to be happy just like Ellie, Raymond, and Carlisle.

Why did Raymond fail to notice Ellie’s feelings towards him much sooner? I realize that losing his mother was traumatic for him but he should’ve tried leaning on Ellie more, and opening his heart to her. He was so afraid of losing anyone important to him that he failed to realize that by closing himself off he nearly lost Ellie, it’s rather ironic isn’t it? How does he overcome the trauma, does time take care of it for him, or did he work through it on his own somehow?

15. hollymahayato

hollymahayato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I hope people would stop adding their personal principles over spoiler forums. I mean who are you guys trying to convince?

Ehem.. After reading the spoilers this is indeed a good read. If you like romance with witty FL and ML who transforms for the betterment of his family then this is reaaalllyy suuupppeeerr recommended.

spchntrt, phamtasia, Elisee and 7 others like this.
  16. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many times do I have to say that Raymond did his part for being a 'father' to Edmund, but unfortunately, he didn't feel the connection between him and Edmund. Still he tried. That was enough. I think the affection that Edmund needed the most is from his mother. Why it's always Ray?, it was Lize's obligation to make Edmund feel loved but she didn't. She used Edmund as a tool for her greediness. That's why Edmund is seeking affection from Ray because the affection that he was receiving from his mother are not that sincere. It's not Ray's fault for not giving enough affection for Edmund.

Please read the novel. I'm not excusing Ray from his sins to Ellie. Just ELLIE. It makes me wonder why some of the readers keeps blaming Ray for Edmund's misery when LIZE and his grandpa were the cause of it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  17. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

lembayung likes this.
  18. Johnwill12

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to clarify something, I wasn’t blaming Raymond for not providing enough affection, I was simply stating a fact that he wasn’t able to give Edmund the affection that he needed. You’re correct about Edmund’s mother not being a particularly affectionate mother towards him, she even abandoned him for a while right after he was born. Raymond, Ellie, and Edmund all went through a rough time. I hope that Edmund will be a lot happier with his uncle in the other kingdom. As I previously stated it would be nice to have an after story about what has happened since, and how happy they have all become.

19. byunzkdlin

byunzkdlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didnt really hate raymond i just didnt like the fact he neglected her when she was by his side the whole time and couldn’t recognize her feelings for him other than that i’ll say he was a good person overall

20. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I ask you or any user this question,
    Does anybody has some info about the side stories 3-12?