Spoiler I Picked Up the Second Male Lead After the Ending

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 6, 2020.

1. MianneChan

MianneChan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A little spoiler about that gray-haired guy

He hugged unconscious Peony and said "Why are you so soft? Why do you smell so nice? So this is how a princess feels like."

Peony had a fever when they were abducted so she was coughing. The guy pushed Peony's body to the limit by forcibly dancing with her, which made Peony trip and fall unconscious.

The webtoon's rating was upped to 15+ because of that chapter.

2. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

3. luvsunny11

luvsunny11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my language, they called it "whitewashing", when certain characters' reputation is too "controlversial", sometimes the author will release an alternative version that "whitewashes" the said characters so the viewers won't hold a strong judgment against them. It's obvious that the manhwa author is trying to do fanservice and cater to those who support Peony getting her dream man in an easy way by changing some plot points. Tbh, even tho the events in the novel were more angsty, it still made more sense for ML's personality than the manhwa's alternative version

lostross and shikirri like this.
  4. MianneChan

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, Richt in the novel and in the webtoon are totally different characters, similar to how this story is an adaptation but it's so loosely based that kfans consider it as a totally different story.

shikirri, seoktonin, Wapdyne and 3 others like this.
  5. Feiya

Feiya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is just my opinion, skip if u like the OGs

if i was ML, I would have screamed at him like, “who are you to judge me when u yourself couldn’t even protect hestia when she miscarried. And who’s going to protect peony, when everyone is focused on saving hestia. Everyone’s going to save your girl but what about mine”.

Okay, i checked again and michael did not say this to our ml but still, his though is too much, imo. Like imagine, if anything happened to out fl, her king-dad will surely do something bad to the empire. I dont really mind the OGs before, but he got on bad side with his though here :mad::blobangery::blobhero:

6. MianneChan

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually felt so conflicted reading those chapters,
    especially when Richt and Peony met the knights, Mikhai and Hestia. I understand the knights and Mikhail's anger but considering what Peony went through and what could have happened if Richt didn't save her, I feel more angry at them for thinking that way. Of course Hestia got injured but what about Peony? I need Lahern (Peony's second brother) to voice up my frustrations because no one has brought that up yet after the incident.

I understand the knights who swore loyalty to the imperial family but I still don't understand it. I understand they were loyal but she's not just anyone. She's princess of a friendly kingdom who trades with them. She's literally a guest in the palace. Couldn't they have spared a small team of 2-3 people to find her? I understand their reasoning but I also don't :blob_teary: Ngl I hated Devon for saying those words

7. Picku

Picku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!

Can any one post spoilers/ chapters for the novel of kidnapping of Peonny and Heista? And how the 2ML ends up choosing Heista?

Thank you

8. Xentun

Xentun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Where do you get raws from? Naver or somewhere else? Im dying to see ch 56...

9. MianneChan

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! It's available in Naver app. Just download the app and claim cookies in the top left side.

10. fiona_kedrey

fiona_kedrey New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agree with you, especially it's so fucking beautiful for me who love story abot female pursue male first

gerickarose and manvugu like this.
  11. Guang_bao21

Guang_bao21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whaaaaat I really thought it was the real ending. Huhu it's really good. I love this ending.

nineknights likes this.
  12. nineknights

nineknights Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup I like it too

13. Akki19

Akki19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone please explain me the novel scene where richt saved Hestia instead of FL ?
    Thank you

14. hollymahayato

hollymahayato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! Did the author change the story?!

After reading the latest spoilers.. I'll drop this series completely and read back when completed.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    MianneChan likes this.
  15. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Chapter 59 of the webtoon, it seems like Richt and Hestia are having a convo and it is pretty heated. Peony's brother also arrived at the empire as well. I wonder what happened during the convo between Richt and Hestia...

The artist really changed a lot of the events in this adaptation and I really like it since Peony and Richt's relationship dynamics are shown well here compared to the novel so I feel like the angsty scenes are probably going to come soon ig. It's interesting to see how this would unfold.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  16. Nekozzzzzzzz

Nekozzzzzzzz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to page 1, #2 post and click the chapter 63

Akki19 likes this.
  17. Chanel923

Chanel923 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does the assassin with grey hair get killed? Does MC stay unconscious?

18. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes, he gets killed.
    2. No, she awakes.

Chanel923 likes this.
  19. Chanel923

Chanel923 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!! He was giving me creeper vibes!

20. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I binged the thread, novel, and the webtoon.

That might be her feelings and they are valid. However, I don't think you also touched on the fact that things are still mightily awkward between the three. Ritch switched from a suitor to now a brother-in-law. If this happened in real life, it is just plain awkward. In my experience, you don't date your sibling's exes. Much so marry them unless you wanted a life full of awkwardness. Mikhail and Hestia might have moved on but it's a heavy ask for Ritch, add to that the small tension that still lingers between him and Mikhail due to their past. I believe that if Peony didn't appear, Ritch is wallowing out there somewhere no matter how genuine the intention of his brother and his wife. (I refuse to call her sister-in-law for the time being.) I don't doubt that they care but they seem to be very eager to push Ritch and Peony just because Peony seems to really like Ritch. It's like they overcompensated and they wanted to have Ritch a happy ending even though they don't really know the extent of the relationship between the two.

I don't know any spoilers after the wagon incident, but did these two even help explain to Peony or to her family what happened? It's easy to feel sad but technically, the royal couple is still in the 'picture.' I would be mortified that a potential sister-in-law gets hurt on my account or even get help from my own brother without even consulting somebody else in the relationship. I get some people may say that Peony and Ritch are not yet a couple but if you're the party that is pushing this couple to be together and you're also involved in an awkward situation , I don't think it's a large ask to help explain what happened.