Spoiler The Viridescent Crown

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Riru__1233

Riru__1233 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I please have the spoilers

2. clearing-misinformation

clearing-misinformation Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The female lead was never gang-raped and made pregnant in thiswebtoon before or after the modifications made to the novel. It was the female villain who was and the readers felt it was too brutal an end for her even if she was a villain. Basically she set up Ran, and fell into her own trap after Yustaf saved Ran in a nick of time.

I believe the misunderstanding stemmed from this korean blog post having a difficult to understand Google translation due to the long rant about the slave character Lumiere and thereby brushing the plot under the rug, which made it unclear from Google translate who actually got raped

Towards the end of the post, the blog poster mentions in a giant quote about a rumor of Ran being raped that was caused by her review. She clearly stated it was a rumor, but it is confusing with Google translation and her stating she read what she read before the authors modified that part to be Olivia being tortured and having her face ruined when Yustaf saved Ran instead of it being rape and ruining of the face.

Let me make it clear the modification was Olivia being gangraped, made pregnant, and having her face be cut up-> Olivia was "only" tortured and had her face cut up.

I believe the reason that the original scene was so controversial and had to be changed was 1. Gangrape is controversial 2.Yustaf supposedly had a hand in causing it judging by the comments in the comment section of the post (presumably out of revenge for Ran)

Then the blog poster wrote her understanding of why the author made the scene in the first place (Olivia places a woman's worth in pregnancy, childbirth, and appearance so the blogger thought it made sense thematically for Olivia to order it and have it be served back to her even though she found it extremely uncomfortable)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    its0k, KuranFan, Kezi and 57 others like this.
  3. ranxyus

ranxyus New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are there any spoiler (after ran giving birth) cause i can't read it help pls.

4. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait why

5. Hellaluv

Hellaluv Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm new in novel updates forum, I made an account just for this novel, I love it so muuuch I wanted to know where can I read in English thank you so much for all the spoiler they give me life

Micy likes this.
  6. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm disappointed that she doesn't keep her place as the head of the family, yes I know she said she wants to until the ML is ready, but she has done a lot, she is very intelligent even if she uses her knowledge, she has become a woman appreciated, envied and powerful by herself, I would have liked a twist of the kind that finally her and the ML are both head and lead the family together. The fact that she becomes a count is not really automatic and is lower than her old position, I'm really disappointed, for me it tastes unfinished, yes I know she's going to marry him but that's not now and it's not the same .
    In all I hope she will be even more active, it seems to me that she will be rich, since she had used an assumed name for that but we will see all that later

babayagu likes this.
  7. YellowROSE

YellowROSE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter of the novel does the ML become the official duke ?:blobpats:

8. Manhwalover356

Manhwalover356 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know which chapter in novel is chapter 60 in manhwa?

9. izzie2022

izzie2022 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers!

myiameow96 likes this.
  10. lychchen

lychchen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for the novel for a long time, could you send me the screenshots please! I appreciate!!!

11. AerynJay

AerynJay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At one point she’s asking for a reward for something ( don’t remember what, it was after they got married I think) and she says she wants Lachia ( because she wants to be equal with him and share the burdens of the Patriarch of Lachia) and Yus just says Lachia is already hers, all of him and what he has is hers. There are even several times when she jokingly talks about them running away from everything together and Yus agrees, because he doesn’t need more than Ran, and if Lachia becomes a burden, he’ll give everything up just for her. From my understanding he wanted Lachia back first because of the obsession his mother had and passed to him (he was very lonely, he only had Lachia and couldn’t trust anyone) and later on he wanted Lachia because he could see it’s a burden to her and not her burden to bear ( she worked a lot to make Lachia prosper). Plus he thought that he could keep her closer if he had more power to manipulate things and he wanted to pass the financial power to her(tie her to Lachia with money not work) while he kept the political one as the head ( he did give her a chance to run away from him, but he’s quite possessive of her and his obsession for Lachia changed into an obsession for his ‘new home”- Ran.) Towards the end, Ran is the one quite blind to Yus’ changes. I think the main reason he wanted Lachia back was to get her out of the family register and be free to pursue her as she was stubbornly blind to all the hints he gave her. They are the cutest I swear. They match well.

12. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YUS- super obsessive clear as day type of guy
    RAN- oblivious kinda woman

Equals perfect combination. The contrast is :aww::aww:

13. Pest-chan

Pest-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was voted by the Lachian vassals that Ran should be erased from the family register and cut off any chances of her gaining any influence in Lachia. In her time as head, she was too competent and powerful, it would undermine Yus' foundations in gaining further connections from others (in the capital). It was all to make Yus' ascension smooth. Ran also said there was no better way than this.
    Yus, in turn, waited for her decision whether to stay or go. If she chooses to go, he will let her take anything from Lachia and not search for her. She was angered because she wanted her bond with Yus (as allies) but it was like Yus was throwing her out after she served her purpose. Yus was actually letting Ran go because she always said she hated the cold, is overworked, and didn't like/is not attached to Lachia, along the many unfortunate things that happened to her (crown prince issue and the attempted rape cousin). Basically, Yus would respect her wishes and not force her to a place as desolate as Lachia.
    Yus then proposed and confessed. Yes. He had to propose first, then confessed, cuz Ran was too dense. He proposed that if she stays, he will give her a title as Count and she will suffer from his persistent wooing. He then confessed so she won't confuse his actions as him tying her down to make use of her skills to be the duchess. He also added that all bad rumors about Ran being demoted as Lachian head to being a Count would all disappear if she would say yes to his proposal (to be Lachian duchess).
    After the meeting, each Lachian vassal went to apologize to Ran (for making it look like they want her to go away, they were ganging up to her on the decision to take her down the register) they kept asking what Ran would do next. They were waiting on her decision to stay or go (as she is no longer connected to Lachia in any way). Some would openly support her if she ups and goes. Some (the golden rose leader, 2nd prince, count illuminati) offered to cover for her if she leaves Lachia. While some (another count/father of the head of knight and Elizabeth, i think she was a lachian adviser or sumthng) wanted her to stay in Lachia (as goodwill of Lachia to take care of her as a benefactor, since she saved Lachia from economic ruin).
    After the vassals apologized and talked to her, Ran decided to stay in Lachia, since she noticed that some of them actually do care for her. Since, she has no other family left, these connections/bonds were all that was tying her down. So Yus wanted to take this opportunity to really pursue Ran. After the vassals were aware of Yus' proposal, they were enlightened and eager. They all agree that there would be no other better duchess than Ran. Ran clarified she hadn't accepted the proposal and needs more time to adjust, while Yus would persistently try to flirt with her and date her. :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:
    When Ran went back to the capital, she was looked down after becoming the count and the empress(Olivia) also spread nasty rumors about her. She quickly regained respect from the nobles since she was known to have made Lachia powerful in her time as head and competent to be acknowledge by the duke of Lachian (since Yus was the one who get approval from the emperor about Ran's title). Ran also befriends the former empress and held parties to lessen Olivia's influence over the nobles. This made a big statement in high society that Ran still has a lot of influence even after becoming a count.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    its0k, Naant, AplCina and 7 others like this.
  14. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait were you get the R19 scenes from!!? I swear Kakaopage doesn't allow those scenes and if so it would be tag as R15 but it's not. We're they included in the physical copy?

Oh I see now lol, Google even has it tag at R19, nice, I originally thought it only released as R15 I guess not

Update:
    Oh okay I just found out the novel released first on Kakaopage as R15 in 2017 and after the novel ended (March 2018) it was released as R19 in eBook format a few months later (Nov 2018). It's not that Kakaopage removed/cut them the novel but it was because the novel was re-polished for the ebook release.
    Now I can see why it won't be included in the manhwa, mainly because it's R15 but it because the R19 version released after being completed.
    And since the novel was first released on Kakaopage so was the webtoon, it makes cause the novel originally is a plot without R19 scenes so were not really missing much compared to novels that originally released as R19 and their webtoon adaptation become R15 which leads to them removing scenes that are heavily connected with the story

Anyways does anyone know if ML finds out that FL is a different soul?
    Also in this new timeline, og was just a brat right she didn't reach the abusive point yet and that's why ML doesn't resent her as much

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    rock.doll likes this.
  15. Ggukiieee

Ggukiieee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Ran confessed to Yus about that. I already provide a spoiler I think. Please check the spoiler table on page 1 and look for "Mountain Hut".

rock.doll likes this.
  16. ecaayu

ecaayu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to bother but can I ask which volume they getting married? And are all steamy scene is after they married right?
    I want to buy the books but I honestly feel it's a waste bcs well I can't read korean but still want to read it so I decided to just buy one volume. Is volume 5 worth it? Vol 5 in google play start with Sina getting enticed by the shadow, that's what I know from sample, in case there is no volume in your version.

17. Ggukiieee

Ggukiieee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You may refer to this i think. They got married around end of volume 4. And yes, r19 ones was done after they got married.

Edited: or you may go to page 18, for other summary spoiler per volume.

its0k, Milkcoffee and ecaayu like this.
  18. ecaayu

ecaayu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thank you very much!:D

19. yi.lin27

yi.lin27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know which chapter the novel is at in correlation to the manhwa which is currecntly at chapter 65?

20. Screamletter

Screamletter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you so much for clearing it. I almost drop this webtoon cause i think the ml originally scumbag. I didn't hope they will end up as romantical partner if Yus really hates Ran like that, but even he hates her, he shouldn't let her broken like that.

I don't think it's a logic ending for mc, but as the comment post said that author maybe some crazy who like this kind of thing, i believe it a little. But still can't read it before make sure that mc's real ending end up like trash after what she's doing for lachia, what's more what ml did was unforgivable and then mc will end up with him (even with different ending)

So thank you so much for clearing this misunderstanding. Now i can read it again without any burden :D

Nata93 and lan2001h like this.