Recommendations Book which MC stay useless/weak

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Dagmyer, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Dagmyer

Dagmyer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi fellas, i just found and read a book titled Losing Money to Be a Tycoon few days ago, and i'd quite like it. Nothing special about the story, just typical chinese man with a system, but what i like is how the MC never get better along the story progression. His system dont sell stats or skills, just giving him money depend on how much money he lose, so he stays a neet even though he manage to be a giant magnate. Only thing he do is giving stupid advice so he can get deficit, but his peons just keep getting better and better to twist his idea to make more money.

So with that, can anyone recommend me similar book?
    My requirement is only that, MC gotta be stays weak and useless and his system doesnt sell stats and skills to make him omnipotent superhuman. It's okay if his friends/peon being stronger and done all his shits for him.

2. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of the Godly Prodigal

3. Dagmyer

Dagmyer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noice, seems promising from NU description, but is the MC stays useless weakling? Noted for checking tho.

4. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is useless and the majority he let the friend and lover handle the problem. Only when the problem can't solve by money did he fight (with using money power to make robot and spaceship). Also I never remember MC ever use Martial Art to fight. He friend did do that.

5. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Excuse me, my English is not very good. I am not a native English speaker.

I can suggest the novel "The owner of the divine dragon" (Korean: "신룡의 주인", 11 volumes, PG-13, josei, bromance, magical academy, world in a dream, post-apocalyptic, 2011) by the author Bak Taeseon, but this novel has not been translated.

This book is currently looking for an English translator in the "Novel Pickup Request" section.

This is not a story where a strong young man protects a weak young woman. This is a story where several strong 16-30 year old bishounens protect a weak 12 year old boy who looks like a beautiful young woman. Korean readers say that the genre of this novel is bromance, but not BL. This is not a love story. This is a story about friendship. Basically, this novel tells about the protagonist's friendly relationships with his father, three 20-30 year old older brothers, and about ten 16-19 year old school friends.

Description

Shan, who was born weak, was born in the family of dragon masters Altelion and was a concern of his family. One day he found a dragon egg in the forest and became the master of the dragon.

Summary

Shine "Shan" Altelion is the most beautiful person on planet Atreia (he is the son of Reiner Altelion, the most beautiful woman in the Western Continent, and he is even more beautiful than his mother), so he has a "harem" that consists of almost all heterosexual guys on the planet.

Reiner gave birth to three sons and she wanted the fourth child to be a daughter, so she gave him the female name Shine (샤인). His friends call him by his male name Shan (샨).

Shan's father, baron Reines Altelion, is the best swordsman in the world and one of the strongest men in the world. Reines' three eldest sons became outstanding swordsmen. But Shan was born during a solar eclipse, so he is very unlucky. Shan is constantly involved in accidents, such as accidentally tripping and falling out of a window. Shan has very little physical strength, so he cannot hold a sword in his hands. But Shan dreams of becoming a swordsman, so he regularly trains his fighting skills to increase his physical strength. But when Shan trains his fighting skills, his outward beauty of the body increases, not a physical strength. He looks like an angel or goddess, not like a human. Due to his poor health, he often faints, so his family almost never let him out of the house and he never had friends.

He learned information about the world around him mainly from books about dragons, knights and princesses, so he knows almost nothing about the world around him. To prove to his family that he is a manly man, Shan got himself a battle pet (a dragon named Kai) and left for the magical military academy "Dragon School". But in this academy, he got a "harem" which consists of several heterosexual bishounens.

But Shan is an asexual 12 year old boy who considers himself a masculine man, so he gets mad when guys mistake him for a girl and flirt with him.

Almost all the events in this novel do not take place in the real world, but in a dream that an immortal god named El dreams of. Approximately 1000 years ago, the god Baekho (Japanese: Byakko, White Tiger of the West) fell in love with a human woman and he turned himself into a human man named El in order to live with her in the human world on planet Atreia. He gave up almost all of his divine powers, but he remained immortal. His wife died of old age and he missed her very much, so for 1000 years he was looking for a way to kill himself. One day, the moon fell to the earth and killed the entire population, except for El. El became very upset and plunged himself into an eternal sleep. He has been sleeping for several centuries and during all this time he has a dream about the planet Atreia, where the moon did not fall to the earth and the population did not die. If El wakes up, then Shan and the rest of the population will disappear forever.

Sometimes El talks to Shan. Therefore, Shan knows he is a character in El's dream, not a real person. In general, Shan is something like Joan of Arc.

orangethegreatorange likes this.
  6. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regressor Instruction Manual - mc is pretty weak and talentless. He relys on others to survive hence the title. Tho I’m pretty sure he’ll become strong? Also, he isn’t “usless” per se but quite smart.
    The S-Classes That I Raised - mc is such a burden istg. Tho he has a cheat that makes people who are close to him more powerful so he isn’t all that usless I guess. More accuratly, he himself IS a cheat. Tho I don’t think he’ll get strong.

7. Dragonfyre001

Dragonfyre001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mein kampf

on a more real note, Omniscient Reader's viewpoint. Protag relies on the character with plot armor to save the world/protect him. I havent read it fully yet so the protag might become strong l8r but idk

8. Dagmyer

Dagmyer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think regressor manual not fit my requirement then, and I read S Classes in the past, the MC does not stay weak. Along with story progression he's getting more stats and getting stronger.
    i tried to search more book with MC stays useless. But thanks tho.

I already read omni reader long ago, yea the MC gets OP so not fitting my requirement too.
    Mein Kampf on the other hand fit it, Hitler's stays as weak artist and his system doesnt make him stronger lmao.

9. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, then try The Grandmaster Strategist? Haven’t read it yet but mc is a scholar with no ties to combat so I’m pretty sure he is weak and will stay weak. He is quite smart tho so doesn’t fit your “useless” requirement.
    You’re welcome!

10. Dagmyer

Dagmyer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmm yea it does not fit the Useless requirement, but i never read that book before so i'll noted it down for future reading. Thanks for your idea.

I never thought it would be this hard to find book with Useless/Weak MC trope.