Discussion What are your dreams about?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Book Reader, Mar 6, 2022.

1. The Book Reader

The Book Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm asking this because I'm really curious about it.
    For example me, I dream things that are seemed to be taken out of a novel, like seriously, from romance to science fiction, it is something that has been happening to me since I'm a child, but the most curious thing is that I'm always the MC, but the others are people I have never seen in my entire life , or that I remember of.
    Soo... what are your dreams about? :blobpopcorn:

2. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    My dream is I wish I can get whatever I want in this life without working hard for it.hehe
    A dream..:blobsleeping:

3. ngard

ngard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't dream very often, at least not anything I can remember. When I do remember it's usually nightmares, specifically one reoccurring dream where I wake up in my room in the middle of the night and then turn over into a more comfortable position, but as I turn over I notice a huge spider, like the size of the one in Lord of the Rings, somewhere in my room, and then I wake up ;(

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Congratulations on having a dream so very like a dream. :aww:

5. The Book Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    You poor soul:blobfearful:, if was you I would've screamed bloody murder each time, waking everyone in my neighborhood.

That's not my dream, that's my objective in life.

6. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    Lately i've had quite a few common dreams, just driving around and trying to find out how to use the pedals in the dream and whatnot, a bit boring sadly. I've had some interesting ones in the past though, fighting monsters, getting tortured, exploring, sleep paralysis with something around me, practicing magic(too much grinding at the time in games). Exciting dreams, i miss them.

Science fiction? That seems interesting and complicated.
    Even romance?

7. The Book Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is rather intriguing and it's quite unnerving at the same time you know, because I start saying things that I know nothing about, and also things that I shouldn't know.
    I've experienced a lot of things in those dreams, but I'm certain that I've never been tortured in any of them :blobfearful:

8. superdelicate

superdelicate cat facing down

Reading List:
    Link
    My dreams are always about old friends or old classmates and we are going somewhere together or doing some normal activity. But the atmosphere is always really dark, like my dreams aren't in full color but they are in washed out color. And the atmosphere is always gloomy like a horror movie. So I never feel good about my dreams. And if it's a longer dream, weird things start to happen, like for example if I'm walking to school, I have to cross a water park, and ninjas start to chase me. So I don't like to have dreams at night, I don't think I've ever had a really normal happy dream.

9. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    Saying things that you don't know =)) That's pretty funny

It was quite the dream

@The Book Reader What interesting dreams did you have? I want to read something :blobsmile:

10. The Book Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I once dreamt that I was a princess and I was in a castle, in the corridor to be exact, it even had all types of intricate designs, then I turned around to be greeted by my mother, she was wearing a crown, a red one, and she took me by the hand and we were suddenly in my city, the strange thing happen now, my city was practically empty, and that was strange, but we keep walking. I remember we were talking about a guest that was going to come, and then, she abruptly stopped and started to scream me to go, I don't know why ,but I looked at the bus stop that was near our zone, and I saw ball of blackness (literally there's no other way to describe it), and I remember vividly the fear as I started sprinting towards a hill that appeared out of nowhere towards what I think was the castle, and here things are starting to get blurry, then only thing I recalled is that the darkness was very close to me.
    Then the last thing I remember, is that I was pounding into a door desperately, I took something, (don't remember what), and blew open the door, and a boy, probably of my age, was pointing with a dagger at a very old man that wasn't conscious, I started to tell him that he didn't need to that, to put it down, he calmed down and started to reach his hand towards me, and I woke up.

Is probably one of the dreams that I remember the most.

11. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    That's really interesting. It seems to have been quite long for a dream too. Do you remember this one the most because it was recent or because it was shocking/interesting?

12. The Book Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Both, it was recent and rather shocking.

13. Minzie

Minzie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back in our old house, i haven't had any memorable dreams, mostly nightmares.

You know that dream when you wake up and it's still a dream but it feels so real and suffocating. When i wake up and turned to the other side and sees a ghost but when you wake up again, hoping that you are really awake only to find out it is still in the dream. I always wake up in my dream for more than 10 times until the ghost felt like sitting on top of me and i can't breath and i see my sister sleeping beside me though I am still asleep and I use all my power to yell to wake me up but it doesn't work. Until i felt myself crying in the real world and i started shouting prayers in my dream and finally wakes up.

I look up the clock when i wake up for real and sees that I always wake up from the nightmare at 3am.

IT really scared the hell out of me, even now i still remember those times. Gladly it stopped happening to me when we moved house.

Now all i get i romace/ fantasy/ vampire or sometimes zombies in my dreams where i am not the MC but i am friedns with the MC and gets unrequited love with the second male lead.

14. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm my dreams also have novel like story setups though the character I usually embody is a side character or mob-ish because well I've died a number of times in my dreams lol. Settings are usually really diverse ancient China, hospital, school etc.. One time I've actually dreamt of chat logs(?) similar to the stuff we see on the screen when we message ppl and it was purely 2 dimensional I knew who was who doe because I could see the username and pfps of me and my friends while we were chatting in the dream.

15. The Book Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe what you had was sleep paralysis, because the explanation you just gave it is one of the ways sleep paralysis appear.

16. myfakeaccount

myfakeaccount Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I dream about novels I have read before going to sleep, I basically make my own plot or add myself as a character or something.
    Recently, I have been dreaming more family related dreams, dreaming about fighting giant insects and taking care of a dog even though i dont have one.

17. blueberiye

blueberiye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly my dreams are all random, but sometimes I dream about my ex-friends. The dreams are us being best of friends and hanging out and such and whenever i wake up, i straight up cry because we weren't talking anymore.

18. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually weird, as dreams are. A lot are sad. Most times I don't sleep because I have trouble sleeping.
    The majority of the time, they're nightmares/memories, and they're always regarding my family, specifically my father; they're always stupid metaphorical made too. For example, how my sister and I climbed up a very big mountain to go see him because we missed him, and he ended up tossing us both off the mountain and we died.

Eerie.

19. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    There are several categories. The ones I like best are the life in an alternate universe/reality type. I'd be living my life as someone else, be in a different place, and have a different family and friends, without any memories of the me who's dreaming. Sometimes even the laws of physics are different. In one of those worlds, people reset at midnight - so they'll be back to babies at midnight and gradually grow up during the day until they reach their real age at 23:59. I'm saying those hours loosely because I don't remember how they kept time, but the idea is equivalent. So everyone could experience their youth every day, grow up extremely slowly and even the laws of pregnancy and birth were different. Anyway, it was fun.

Some recurring dreams I've had since young bring me nostalgia now. Usually about running away from something full speed. Or hiding in an underground maze of hidden rooms. Or flying. Or drowning and discovering I can breathe underwater.

Dreams about my childhood and a dead family member.

Dreams that are so mundane and annoying I wake up tired from them. Like doing everyday tasks, or writing an exam.

Sounds really creepy. When I had a few scary dreams, I stared at the ghost closely after the initial shock/scare, because I was curious. If I actually do that in a haunted house, I wonder if I'll wake up lol. Maybe I'll wake up as someone else.

20. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    It's rare to remember my dream nowadays but I recently dream just today of my former high school. It has kind of like a end-of-the-world scenario but with a great flood, like the water has reached so high they barricaded the roads. So me and my family (idk why they're in the school but yeah) try to find other paths to escape the coming flash flood or something.

Also funny story, I still remember the time when I dreamt of a evil spirit in my bedroom, it kinda looks like Sadako. And I literally ran to the bedroom and tried to beat up the ghost (like slap and punch them and just going ballistic crazy) but I still felt really scared at the time. It's like a fight or flight scenario and I chose the former. I was still very young then which is probably why I had a nightmare about ghosts. I rarely had nightmares now.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022