Discussion CN Rushed Endings

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dearest_Reader, Mar 7, 2022.

?

Do you hate rushed endings?

1. Yes! Always yes! Extreme yes!

2. No.

3. I’m very glad that some of them ended quickly.

4. Meh, some of them ended up good but not great.

5. They always leave questions behind. Don’t leave me hanging!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve seen so many rushed endings on Chinese novels. I have to ask about this.

I read a CN author’s note that they would’ve loved to continue writing. Another CN author’s note that they would’ve loved to explore more about the world building of that novel. Yet, they all rushed their works.
    If they have problems in irl. I would’ve preferred that they chosen to go hiatus before continuing the novel.

So, is there some kind of limit on how much words you’re going to put? Or, how many chapters in a novel? Or are they not allowed to take hiatus? Or am I just over speculating this and the CN author’s just want to end it quickly as possible?

There are also novels that reached thousands of chapters, except that most of them are so bleak like it’s own future… Why is this??

2. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    From what i once read, did a Author say that he has a Contract with a Website. that he posts a Novel with around 500 Chapters, as he has a ouline of the Novel from the get go, but the Novel ended up with more than 500 Chapters.
    The Author then had to somehow force the needed lines in the last remaining Chapters, till the 500 are full.
    That is all i know, but i really dont know if this is some kind of individual case or if more Authors have a limit on the Novel chapters that they can write.

3. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is all about money. If the novel can bring money so their rush the ending but if the novel still bring an money, their will continue it without ending like Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World. More than 11000 chapter, why did this novel still not end!?

4. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the chinese sites function on a ticket system, where an author's revenue is tied to the amount of tickets they receive
    I believe the readers get a free ticket allowance, but its possible to purchase more, like the power stone system in webnovel.com or whatever stuff they have as of late
    Because of this, an author gets more revenue while the novel is ongoing, so they stretch the novels as long as they can, until they get tired and just end the damn thing
    Thats one explanation for both rushed endings and unending chapters, but i think the endings also suffer from an overfocus on action and other gimmicks, and, while an author has plenty of experience writing action scenes, they have only so much experience writing endings, so they dont know how
    And, due to the episodic nature of the fictions, many times they accumulate many loose ends that at the moment were just unimportant side fluff, but at the end the story deviated too much from the previous premise, so there is no way to tie up everything

5. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    what are you expecting from CN webnovels...

really you can spot occasionally, author comments about tokens, tickets, etc. So you can guess what it's all about...

6. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do hate rushed endings.

Its just that with chinese webnovels, even if its not rushed, it doesn't mean the author will resolve everything you thought important or drop away all the stuff that seemed minor to you.

IET has taken on writing without definite ends. Like his latest finished work, Archean Eon Art. Sometimes he will give a previous MC cameo or mention as important figure in some other verse (like MC of Swallowed Star acting as protector of multiversal area protag of Lord Xue Ying grew up and developed in. Or Coiling Dragon MC being one of the 2 world creators in Stellar Transformations).

Sometimes he gets it right (there wasn't much left for Seeking the Flying Sword Path given the MC there became an important figure guarding a sect's headquarters) and sometimes he fucks up (Archean Eon Art, so much important stuff left hanging, just personal opinion. It was clearly something he padded though. Seems like he lost passion with end of first major plot of demon world invading human world and only had some sparks left for everything else and it wasn't enough).

I'd say what's even worse is not even having a decent novel to read. Like when you run into an interesting idea for plot or protag and then, its screwed up completely because the author doing it just churns out another empty faceslaps filler combo novel (you know the type, a sentence of worldbuilding or characters actually doing something generates a vortex of useless chatter surrounding this bit of content with 10ish chapters of meaningless text).

7. Anvis

Anvis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is not all about the money I take it that you are not an author but it really hurts when you end your novel and some author don't like to imagine to you it may be a novel but to them, it is their life work they developed an emotional attachment to the character all they think about is what will my mc will do next or how do I make my mc stronger or if I was the mc what will I do.

8. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    jesus i cant believe it. I searched and it really has +11k chapters like wtf? GOT and LOR have a completely different universe but even they cant be that long if authors decided to write them again. i am in shock. This is first for me.

littleoctopus likes this.
  9. littleoctopus

littleoctopus White Lotus Slayer ✦ Villain Sympathizer

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like when a novel has already 1000+ . It's obvious the ending is going to abrupt . The novel has already been dragged on for so long , which I can only assume is for monetary reasons so when viewers are fed up and drop it , they end it