What's your dream game?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Silver Snake, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, I would like a game with Thief's stealth, heavily relying on sound and shadows, and a dialogue system like in KotOR, and instead of just giving choices when talking, you would also get them during the beginning or end of action scenes.

Like when someone is trying to run away, you're given the choice of crippling them, killing them, intimidating them, or convincing them to stop. The same with a stealth situation, like if you're about to break into a safe but a guard or butler catches sight of you, instead of sudden alarms blowing, you could convince the NPC to stay quiet by promising to give them a cut or threatening their family.

I was playing with the idea of adding shooter or hack and slash combat, but I really wanted combat to be a last resort, so instead, I think it'll be very simple without a lot of customization or depth. I was imagining sekiro combat but that would really really clash with the rest of how slow and methodical the rest of the game would be.

I'm thinking combat actions during dialogue pauses will have a percentile chance of succeeding, like 50% of shooting the torso, 33% legs, 25% head, and 12.5% of disarming them. While persuasion options will be more binary, depending on whether the character has the necessary information (from exploration) or item (coin), or if the player can recall certain information or read the NPC's disposition.

I also played around with the idea of stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, and charisma, but I think I'll throw that away too as I don't really want it to be an incremental game but one where the player/character already has all their abilities. Maybe instead of skills or levels they just buy gear? I really like the idea of a grappling hook and ascending the side of buildings.

Along the lines of having combat be a last resort, I want killing to be very heavily punished. Maybe the more people you kill, the higher your bounty, and the higher your bounty, the more often people will recognize you, and lawful places/people won't recognize you because of that. I'm not sure yet. Oh, guards will recognize you more easily too, while in the city, so the player would have to actively avoid or run away from them. That's a good idea too.

And if a skirmish does occur, and an enemy manages to run away, I want a big consequence for that too. Maybe they come find you but they bring their whole gang? And you have the choice of either getting killed, killing yourself, or joining the gang.

As for the world, it won't be open but hub-based, and of course I want quests to have multiple endings. And environmental storytelling, I'll have zero cutscenes, instead replacing them with text and audio logs. But the world and quest design are very far off and I haven't even begun thinking about it. Probably something post-apocalyptic. I would do fantasy but implementing magic would be a headache of its own. Maybe Victorian era? Steampunk? That probably is the perfect setting for thieving, not much worth stealing in the post-apocalypse.

2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My dream game is wet.

:p

3. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    I once dreamed up an entire Legend of Zelda game. Like in my dream, I was playing a completely new game, with awesome dungeons and storyline, etc.
    This was sometime after Majora's Mask and before Twilight Princess.
    When I woke up, I wrote down as much as I could remember. I wonder where that journal went...? It was pretty epic.

4. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Something close to Genshin but the story is similar to Chrome Shelled Regios.
    But less gacha and more of building the character from trash to a hero.

5. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my dream video game has the 3D RPG elements of games like Morrowind and Fallout3, the infinite open world and survival building of Minecraft, with the strategy elements of games like Civilization. The fighting should be comparable to any of the Dark souls games, with a bit of any of the Borderlands tossed in. The skills, tech trees and stat improve of Diablo / Diablo 2, with the job change system of Final Fantasy 5 so you can really max out your character how you want. I think so far the closest game out there to this is Ark, I think it's just missing the combat skills (been a bit since I played and can't remember if it had a skill tree or not). Oh and since drive kills is a thing in borderlands let's toss in the racing from Rage too

Resplendor and Silver Snake like this.
  6. kohaichi

kohaichi [Drifting in the world of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Phantom Brave, but with some of its clunky aspects fixed.

That's it. I love the game, but it's dated. Fix the problem parts and it's my dream game~

Zone Q11 and Silver Snake like this.
  8. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A VR iyashikei game. A real Iyashikei, not something that should belong on horror novel. I want to see something like neo-venezia in ARIA. If there's manga that I want to really enter, it's that. I want a holiday in that kind of place.

mir and Silver Snake like this.
  9. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked Breath of the Wild's open world(setting things on fire) and different combat methods and Skyrim's stealth options
    So open worlds with more environment interaction(setting more things on fire, like houses) and snipe foes from half-way across the map.
    And be able to pet the animals. I need to be able to pet them all. Companions are also fun, when the AI is smarter than the average brick anyway.

mir and Silver Snake like this.
  10. greenreign

greenreign Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isekai type open world game where you register with the adventurer guild and focus on reaching the S tier as the world story progresses

11. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    I once dreamt of "the opposite of a tower defense game". Based on Attack on Titans, the player commands titans to destroy wall-surrounded cities.

I once dreamt of a game where the player could fuse certain monsters into an entire new type of monster. (Basically DNA Digivolve from Digimon franchise.)

I once dreamt of what appears to be Super Mario Odyssey before I came to learn of the existence of said game. (Though admittedly the brightness of the game in the dream was terrible, and it was mainly the aspect of being able to become 2D and 3D at certain areas in the game.)

My ideal game would be escape room puzzle games, e.g. Zero Escape and Abime Series.

Silver Snake likes this.
  12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I make my dream games…:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Xcom Enemy Within. I changed the perk trees for every soldier type, to fit with my preferences. (hint: I found out in an experiment a few years ago that if you add to an “In the Zone” sniper “Sentinel”, he/she will fire reaction shots until they miss or run out of ammo)
    Skyrim. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Lotsa mods, though just enough to give me the experience I want. :p:p:p
    BG2. I play Dragon Disciple/Kensai. I know this isn’t possible, but it is. :p:p:p:p:p
    I hack and cheat my way to the perfect game I want. :):):):)

Silver Snake likes this.
  13. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im simple somw well done sequels would do it for me

a dungeon keeper 3 dungeons and war for the overworld gone in that direction but its still not the same
    a good master of orion (3 was bad and wargamings approach didnt hit my taste)
    i fear blizzard will **** diablo 4 up