Spoiler Iris - The Lady and her Smartphone

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by mikeyla, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Ark182

Ark182 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm dropping this webtoon, I'm drawing my own fan-webtoon based on this web-series though, giving the villains and some main side characters more depth & personality like actual human beings rather than being treated like side pieces that only shows up to make the MC look good or be a useful pawn for her.

PS I'm adding my own isekai OC with actual powers. If you like me to add your isekai OC with powers as well (I got three-slot available) PM me.

Note: Im not the best writer, but I'm a great artist and will welcome any help with suggestion and ideas.. for the script I'm writing.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Furiae19 likes this.
  2. yverna

yverna New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just saw this one comment of yours but are you the artist of Iris and her android phone? The characters kinda look whack. I would also put more detail in their facial expressions. That’s all. Good luck with your works

3. Ark182

Ark182 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    umm... No I'm not the author, I've to decided to make my own fan-webcomic about this web series because even a fanfiction is better than this crap.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Rin.rinaaa, Chunin and DOHere like this.
  4. Miya Mizu

Miya Mizu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, not really a spoiler and I do think there's so little spoiler about this novel and manhwa... I'm really pissed at the fact that Nera got exposed so many times but is still around??? Like, is there not enough proof for you after all that she has done??

She's immortal wtf, it didn't take long for Nera and all the accomplish to point at Iris saying that she committed treason, even when there's no concrete proof(?). But why is it hard to PIN Nera down for all the obvious crimes she committed???

There's so many plotholes I think, and I agree with a lot of comments that said the 4 honored king or smth is just irrelevant, meant to be an accessory for Iris. Often times Iris seemed to be so OP but still unable to beat Nera down who's at this point just a fricken clown clowning around the duke's house and the empire. What happened to her being smart by now, all her doings is just a desperate movements and so many clumsiness, it's enough for everyone to beat her down but nooo -_-

Also, the grand duke knows that Iris is his biological daughter, WHY IS THERE NO ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT IT??? Like, if he did announce it, then Nera wouldn't have any power inside the duke's house or smth, like yeah, I agree with a comment that said the author is just dragging this plot at this point. For the sake of longer plots, we had to suffer from Nera being a somewhat protagonist defense.

Rin.rinaaa, Chunin, Veille and 2 others like this.
  5. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Next chapter I'm hoping she's done for sure. After Nera told the people that Iris dad made a will giving all authority to her just for him to show up with Iris was so embarrassing for her. Iris ends up slapping her in front of the people, Duke yelled at her and she was dragged away. I'm really freaking hoping that's the end of her story line, but just like other times I'm sure the Authors going to make her stay a little bit longer

Miya Mizu likes this.
  6. Ganso777

Ganso777 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Iris thoroughly revenges her first lap? Good for her. It's coerent because she starts wanting revenge and she gets it but she could have revenged herself immediately.

Nera was like a cockroach, she clung to life until the end trying to get Iris down and revenge was well deserved for first lap and current timeline and if the spoilers above are true, that she was sent to be a prostitute by Iris and her simps, that was a good revenge like we don't see in Korean Novels, where abusive ML becomes the good guy and so on.

7. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the new chapter today. Nera Is a prisoner, people throw rocks and stones at her and the guards feed her rotten food and dump disgusting water on her. But this is not Iris - The Lady and her Smartphone without the author letting Nera live a little longer right! So Nera fucking escaped, wow.

hongmeowpanda, hjnffnjh and DOHere like this.
  8. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I think the author loves Nera actually:blob_catflip:

But seriously tho, maybe it's Iris' plan to let her escape so she can kill her or make sure she ends up worse? Otherwise, I'm gonna be really frustrated with Iris and the author.

Chunin likes this.
  9. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I flipped seeing no guards. NO GUARDS.
    At this point Nera might be the main character.

Chunin and ArkiV_10 like this.
  10. Rose Nightingale

Rose Nightingale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I swear we're going to get a sequel with Nera as the heroine...

11. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope she was made to think she escaped only for her to be caprured again/ chased.

princessbelle, Chunin and DOHere like this.
  12. princessbelle

princessbelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read it?

13. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the raws on newtoki

Rin.rinaaa and princessbelle like this.
  14. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if this spoiler is real or not since I just saw it on a comment section.

And I don't know if it's in a current Timeline or in the past, but it said that in the novel Nera killed Iris' son out of revenge.

Well in the past, Nera had no reason to take revenge on Iris since she manipulated her and she took all the opportunities that Iris had in the past.

I hope someone will clarify this if in the novel, Nera killed Iris' son out of revenge?

15. hongmeowpanda

hongmeowpanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imperfectcomic has TL the manhwa series up until chapter 137, but are dropping it now :cry:

16. Ark182

Ark182 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you mean?

Someone answer her I wanna know too

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  17. hongmeowpanda

hongmeowpanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the TL (translator) team's notes at the end of Chapter 137, it says they're dropping the series, ie. no longer translating it

18. Ark182

Ark182 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is that?

19. gxxx

gxxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not enough interest. tbh i dont blame people for not liking it anymore. to me the story now is like og stories that villainess characters reincarnated to (mary sue FL, harem but only 1 ML, FL involved in everyones problems as a hero, "not like other girls")

20. Ark182

Ark182 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Figured as much, this webtoon broke the cardinal rule of visual storytelling "Show Don't Tell" They have her solve everyone's problems behind the scene without showing how she did it, you rob the audience the visual stimulation, and When you put nothing but dialog after dialog with minimal action, it becomes extremely dull and boring I'm surprised they didn't drop it sooner.