Question Submitted a new group, series and release. How long does approval take?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by waterlemon, Mar 20, 2022.

1. waterlemon

waterlemon New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Submitted a new group (group url pointed to a carrd) ~2 days ago. There was no mention of approval or rejection but I was able to choose that group when filling in the 'add release' form, though the group's name is not found on the 'groupslist' in NU.

Submitted a new series (贫僧 — Humble Monk by 时镜) and a new release (c1, link to public gdocs) slightly more than 24 hours ago but there has been no notice so far. Should I take it that all three (group, series, release) were rejected?

And if they were rejected, could someone kindly point out what was wrong with the submissions? Thank you : )

2. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's usually pretty fast, no more than an hour any time I've added a series. Is it mtl? Because unedited mtl is not allowed.

3. waterlemon

waterlemon New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's human tl (would love to link it but i'm new to the forum and thus not allowed to add links xD)

4. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    among the types that NU doesn't (normally) accepts that didn't get mentioned in the policy
    -teasers
    -illustrations (without being accompanied by a chapter)
    -summaries
    -audio drama/game
    -skipped chapters (as in starts from somewhere not the beginning or the last one released)
    -self-written-self-translated works

edit : the last one did get mentioned

waterlemon likes this.
  5. waterlemon

waterlemon New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, thank you! I think teaser might be the issue here - wanted to post it up on NU so that it could reach a wider audience. Is there somewhere more appropriate that I can post this to?

Edit: Or a minimum number of chapters to be released before it can be considered... well.. not a teaser?

6. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    i'd recommend a pickup thread. you can link the chapter there. of if you can't yet (since you have less than 5 messages), hit the report button on your post of the thread, and put the link there and mods will help you add it. add a poll too, while at it. it'll make it a step better than most pickup thread.

waterlemon likes this.