LCD I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Gin_Hindew, Jun 29, 2019.

1. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (deep inhale) F#$k

Paps likes this.
  2. sierra117

sierra117 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the LN had already been licensed anyway, so the only bad part of this is that we will have to wait for a while longer for the official translation to catch up

Paps likes this.
  3. Shadowhawkstar

Shadowhawkstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I think some authors don’t understand that allowing the web novel to be translated nets more followers to buy the translated LN and their merch than just the few who were like, “This looks interesting” and buy the ln translation. If it were the LN I understand, but this was the WN, the version they weren’t going to make anything off of and attract users to buy the official stuff. Welp, it was a good run while it lasted.

Paps likes this.
  4. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While this isn't the case here, a lot of novels are badly translated and/or mangled to the point that they're unreadable. If I was an author I wouldn't want my baby translated by someone who had no incentive not to do the best job that they could do in the translation. To be honest I'm more surprised that more JP authors don't request their novels not be translated.

Paps likes this.
  5. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s a fair point, I didn’t think of it from that perspective

Paps likes this.
  6. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I agree. Official translators can be pretty trashy. Like when they decide to cut out entire chapters or pages of text for no reason.

TRIBAL2199 and Paps like this.
  7. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never would have bought the Kumo LNs if someone hadn't translated the WN. Especially since I actually don't even like the Kumo LNs, meaning I was TRICKED into giving them money! Dastardly.

And I will never buy the LN for this series.

Gin_Hindew and Paps like this.
  8. Drakonus_

Drakonus_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, fuck this shit. Even if the author doesn't want anyone to translate it, can someone translate it anyway? The webnovel is free anyways, so fuck respecting the author, me and the bois still want to read it.

Gin_Hindew and Eisvarith Devirea like this.
  9. plutotheplanet

plutotheplanet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    welp time to wait 3-4 years for them to catch up and me to remember this again in 5-6 years and just check the wikia if there is one.

10. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A shame indeed. Now time to look fro something else.

11. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    You would think the official translation would be better quality, but usually it's not. I suppose it could be subjective, if I like something I'll get mad every time they change something, even if I might have liked version 2 just as much if I'd read it first. But even trying to give them the benefit of the doubt I can't help thinking the official version is just worse most times. Maybe it's the lack of immediate feedback posting online gets you, or it could be that the fan-translations are fan-translations, while the official translator may not even get what people like about the story. What ever the reason, I have a quite a few translated LN I've bought to support the authors and then never read more than a few chapters because I hated them.

12. Eisvarith Devirea

Eisvarith Devirea [Mza {Valkyrie Awakens} Mya]

Reading List:
    Link
    there has to someone out there who wouldn't care about any of this and that legal sh** they said. cmon and do it! for the sake of those who has been trampled by the Legals!!! the TYRANNY!!!
    well though i wouldn't expect much from it.

13. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well while waiting for some translator to respond to the call, who wants to read sevens again and cry alongside me?

14. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Cry??? I dont remember crying but i do laugh a lot especially if Mr. Lyle come out

Airlol, kfahad and imafire like this.
  15. TheF00rgotenMel0n

TheF00rgotenMel0n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Official translation suck. They make wording mistakes and they dont even correct them if they are already published. Like what happended to Danmachi, with the hero's strike translation. Just because they dont want to change it, they leave it as is and the quality drops when they refuse to use the (Sama- nee chan- kun-nii chan) correctly. Instead being translated as big brother, sis, bro. Kills the charm of the language.

As for the author, well yes i understand that you dont want your work to be stolen, but its beeing credited correctly, translated correctly, and most of all being enjoyed by people who are more likely than not to purchase a copy. If the man makes a good living with his japanese yen, adding a few american dollars wont affect him. I guess its just a cultural thing about them not understanding the western version of copy right. If none of you know the japanese version of copy right does not exist without getting approved by the head honcho since free use is not a thing over there. Makes me believe that their internet culture is total crap by the way.

Toralk likes this.
  16. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to be Racist Ashol.... blame the author all u want no need to drag the entire culture

17. Shadowhawkstar

Reading List:
    Link
    That wasn’t racist though? Japanese law and culture is very different lol. Even the idea of being up the name of an anime or manga can cause you to get sued over there. They’re merely stating a fact. Japanese themselves literally get afraid at even saying dragon ball or one piece explicitly in their content on YouTube or even manga due to potential lawsuits. Everyone acknowledges their law is very strict and behind the times for fair use (in that it doesn’t exist).

18. Lucresia

Lucresia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well goodbye novel

19. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    But there is still a massive amount of thin books produced and doujins are a full fledged industry, so it's not that simple...

20. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    i don`t really see any point of u guys crying because the author ask to stop translating the novel..... Making a small thing into a big thing...

i don`t even think 90% of the novels here got permission form the author (people here translate novels to share the joy reading the novel to the readers)

just wait, with enough popularity someone will make a way (i support those guys by spreading their translation to others or by patreon if they have one)

ChronaZero and Eisvarith Devirea like this.