Spoiler The World Without My Sister Who Everyone Loved

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Kuko, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Bluebells in Bloom

Bluebells in Bloom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are definitely regretful. Very. There’s an entire novel chapter dedicated to their regrets.

I’m happy to tell you that yes, there’s reason(s) that goes beyond just “simple witchcraft”. But I’d rather not spoil as I had so much fun gradually discovering the truth/ methods/ villain’s plot as I was translating it. All these will be mostly revealed in the next 2 novel chapters, which should be uploaded to site by March and April respectively (but there might be delays as one of those chapters is about 112 pages in docs X_X).

2. kegar

kegar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking forward to reading about this. Thank you for all your hard work!

Bluebells in Bloom likes this.
  3. Kiraa

Kiraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    waiting for more spoilers here:):)

4. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Rose thorns

Rose thorns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much for the min spoiler...
    can I ask did Sienna eat pomegranate in her first life?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  6. Keylas

Keylas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin:

7. Bluebells in Bloom

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn’t eat the pomegranate in her first life :) she was never “offered” it like in this life.

DOHere, komo komo and Rose thorns like this.
  8. Rose thorns

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much for answering me; Won't that make the house attack sienna or not except her, like in this life, the house help sienna even she saw the past? and did Loreina eat the pomegranate

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  9. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh I love the moment when Loreina thought Ashiel 'hated' Sienna. She thought her lame 'brainwash' magic would work on him instead Ashiel got mad at her for shittalking about Sienna. Her lameass magic doesn't work on him. Btw. The reason why the 'brainwash' magic worked on the Fam (even tho the fam is said to be powerful) in the 1TL because she was leeching off Sienna's mana.

Loreina even blamed Sienna again for ruining her image to him and Ashiel answered her that Sienna doesn't even talk about her at all. Then the bitch realized the shit she's in. I love how she realized like it shows that she's the only one who hated Sienna and Sienna doesn't care about her. Lol. Ashiel got mad because of that.the dude might kill her on the spot.

10. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how the duke cares for Sienna. When the duke got injured and the duke really needs Loreina's healing because he's in a critical state. He didn't let anyone to call her. He was thinking of Sienna and he didn't want Loreina's plan to work. He knew that if he let Loreina heal him, that bitch will take the opportunity to become his daughter and he didn't want Sienna to feel hurt and overshadowed by Loreina because of her healing powers. This scheme was plotted by Loreina and the one who helped her. I forgot who it was but it was planned for Loreina to heal the Grand duke so she can have the opportunity to be Nacht's daughter but the plan failed because the Grand duke refuse to be healed by Loreina and Sienna healed the Grand duke. Loreina's power is healing while Sienna's power is purification but Sienna has also healing powers. Loreina thought that she will be called since she's a saint that has healing powers but she wasn't called and she became anxious so she went to the Grand duke's state by herself instead lol. Her scheme didn't work because of the Grand duke and Sienna.

And the emperor really favors Sienna.

11. Rose thorns

Reading List:
    Link
    she is so arrogant to think that everyone should love her and the thing is it bc her parents are spoiling her too much.

Do the aother named talk to their owner like Hesaros talk to Sienna?

beazacha, torte1315 and Veille like this.
  12. Bluebells in Bloom

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so sorry that my reply is late, I don't check my NU forum account that often :( Eating the pomegranate definitely helped Sienna to be "accepted" by the castle and make it easier for her to "live" in the house. Do you remember how Sienna will sleep for a long time whenever she used too much power? The pomegranate helps with that. There's more as to how it helps, but this is the most I can say right now without spoiling much, as it also relates to "what happened in the first timeline".

Unfortunately, I can't quite remember if Loreina ate the pomegranate or not in the first timeline... Apologies for that.

I love what you wrote about Loreina lol but about the 'brainwash' magic part - it didn't work on the fam in first timeline because she was leeching off Sienna's mana. It was a combination of other things. I want to spoil, but at the same time I don't want to because it will take away the fun in reading (that i felt when i was translating it).

Tt123, rero00, snzzykitten and 10 others like this.
  13. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohh I see I thought it was because she was leeching off Sienna's mana, cuz I remember she said that she could've gotten all Sienna has if she leeches off her mana. Her power is not that strong so she wants to steal mana from Sienna so she can be stronger.

And there's another villain that helps her with her schemes. I forgot who it was tho hahaha

Grayel, maenochka and Laerta like this.
  14. Rose thorns

Reading List:
    Link
    It is ok I reread it and it say that Loreina did magic to help her live there

15. Skite

Skite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone please tell me that Sienna never forgives these garbage people this time around.
    1. First time around, they treated her like trash well before Loreina moved in.
      1. She was given a tiny room the younger son is horrified by how small and sparse it is,
      2. They never did the ceremonial eating of the pomegranate to accept her as a member of the family
      3. She cried and had physical issues adapting to the food for a full three months, and they didn't do anything
      4. They got her a physically, mentally, and emotionally abusive tutor, who never actually taught her anything. They didn't vet the teacher and never checked on her progress or lessons, where it would have been quickly revealed she wasn't being taught anything.
      5. They didn't buy her the nice clothes she got this time around
      6. They pretty much picked an 11 year old orphan up from the pound like a cat, and then dumped her on the resentful servants to care for and forgot about her
    2. Even if Loreina was using magic to ensorcell them (which is such a cheap cop out), Loreina was an ELEVEN YEAR OLD GIRL who had next to no mana before she started stealing it (meaning: little to no practice) And they were one of the top magic-using families in the entire country, with similarly high powered magic users under their control. That should not have been possible at all. Not all of them, not 24/7, and not from the start. Plus, other spoilers are saying Ashiel, the eldest, was immune all along, and did nothing.
    I guess the most infuriating thing is that the entire set up, with Sienna remembering everything and the culprits nothing, heavily implies that, if they like and dote on Sienna this time around, it is implicitly Sienna's fault they didn't like her originally. She was too stupid, too scared, too servile for her to be liked. It's all on her, because she was deficient. Because she is such a better skilled person this time, she is likable. And while a small part of that is uncomfortably true (you really cannot expect the next Duke to view someone running around like a maid as a potential life partner and future Duchess), most of it is really that they were and are shallow, garbage people who only like already strong, smart, ready-made assets they didn't have to do a work for, or be considerate of. The set up also prevents adequate revenge or redemption. Sienna cannot get adequate revenge on the Nachte family, because these aren't exactly the people who treated her badly, and they have no knowledge of their transgressions. Meaning, they cannot redeem themselves and make amends, and even if she wreaks merry havoc on them in revenge, they will have no idea what it's for and (infuriatingly) feel like the wronged party themselves.

Since I can't have my ideal of the entire family regressing and deciding to treat Sienna right, I mainly just want them to low-key suffer for unrequited affection, and have Sienna give them the brush off as she rides off into the sunset of her glorious future without them.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  16. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same way, it's always bugging me when reading a regression 'family' trope (Suddenly Became Princess, The Royal Chef Lady, The Lady Just Want to Rest, Why Are You Obsessed With Rejecting Affection, etc) just like you said it's implicitly and explicitly make it look like it's the child fault if they got neglected/abused in the 1st TL, and by 'leveling' yourself up for the better you could prevent the neglect/abuse from happening but then someone said you couldn't hold them accountable for something they did in the past life, what if they are a saint in the 1st and then the villain the 2nd should they be revered as a saint still life blah blah blah.

It make sense if it was 'romance' trope cause romantic love is an 'attraction' law, but family should love you for who you are. Idk if it has anything to do with Korean very 'Merit-based' mindset, the parents who love the 'smarter/prettier' child more and discriminate their children by their grade isn't a thing that only happen in K-drama but happening a lot in the society too.

17. Bluebells in Bloom

Reading List:
    Link
    I love poking my head in every now and then to see the opinions in spoiler forums ^^ And I have to say that I love the way you expressed your thoughts, I could really feel the frustration and anger and incredulousness, which I definitely can relate to... except that I was too occupied tling that I didn't stay upset for long hahaha

This novel is definitely a "slow-starter", it dropped hints of what hapened in the first timeline till (novel) chapter 8 onwards reveals exactly why in the first timeline Sienna was invisible and how one of the "top magic families" were "brainwashed" (Loreina is more of a tool than the cause, since like what you mentioned, she's a mere girl.) Oh and, the Nachts remember everything in this chapter. And to my delight, at whichever part of volume 2 I'm tling now, she hasn't forgiven them (yet).

I want to say more, but I think if I do, I'll end up vomiting everything I know and I really don't want to take the joy of figuring it out away from anyone. I'll show myself out now, enjoy reading!

eunri, lisaaa, evanesco99211 and 10 others like this.
  18. Has

Has divorcee and veteran nuffer

Reading List:
    Link
    This last chapter had me in TEARS omg so good, also would like to say that I hope none of the brothers are the ML especially now that
    that they have their memories back
    anyway, I'm rooting for the guy with very minimal screen time, the one from the orphanage, after he grows up.

Scapezz, Th.ay, elaii03 and 17 others like this.
  19. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you still translating? Thank you for your good works. I check the site every now and then to see if there is an update, no pressure tho, take your time, I've seen translator dropped the novel they work on cause they can't stand the character, so I'm glad that you enjoy tl-ing it.

torte1315 and By.Eve like this.
  20. Bluebells in Bloom

Reading List:
    Link
    More tears will come cause the "truth of the first timeline" ISN'T OVER yet TT_TT

Okay, the ML is Ashiel. But before you screech in terror, let me just say that the author did a pretty good job at making me agree that he can be the ML (iirc it's somewhere in Chapter 10 and 11, i'm still halfway through tling them). I don't think I expressed it much in my TL/Ns at the end, but I really hate him with a passion until yesterday lol

As for Lou (the orphanage kid)... heheh. A hint about him is already revealed in chapter 8.

Ah yes, I am. I was the proofreader initially but I took over it from the previous translator. I update this novel once a month as I'm tling by novel chapters (which this novel really benefits from since there's so much foreshadowing and hint-dropping). So each chapter contains many kkp episodes... at times it can be even 100 pages in google docs. The team is determined to finish this novel before the end of the year though!!

I really didn't like any of the human characters initially but stayed to see Loreina gets her just desserts, kinda glad I did cause Sienna's personal growth is just lovely.

By the way, I'm digressing from twwmswel, but just wanna mention that I have similar sentiments as you in one of your previous comment about certain novels making it seem like it's the victim's fault for being abused in the original timeline. Family should definitely love you for who you are (given that you're not doing something really evil), but it's sad that there are many children (irl) who don't receive that love, even if they were to have 'merits'.

Eraien, Tt123, lisaaa and 13 others like this.