Discussion professional lines

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by whybenormalthough, Mar 28, 2022.

1. whybenormalthough

whybenormalthough Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone suggest some professional lines i can take after class 12 (tbh i was thinking of taking english as my major cause english teachers are on high demand in Japan) so if i take english major i need to atleast get a PHD degree noh! cause the higher the education the chances of the getting the teachers post are high , and the 2nd highest job demands are entrepreneurs (but i'm not good at maths and i'm taking arts stream) and well others are there but they pay less, but i want to go and settle in japan asap and if i continue my education till i get my PHd certificate it will be till i'm 25 or 26 years and according to our education system i'll be graduating in 21 and then i'll be taking MA (2 yrs)and Phd(3yrs) so it'll drag on till i turn 25 or 26 yrs so i want to get some information on some professional lines that i can take after 12(please don't mention airhostess tbh am too short for that) i'm in 11 now but i look like 5 graders wahahahha

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This post is a mess

AliceShiki, yun yun yun, mir and 3 others like this.
  3. whybenormalthough

Reading List:
    Link
    (sob sob) career suggestions

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck with your english studies~

5. yun yun yun

yun yun yun (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 3 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me outline:
    - You are now in 11th grade
    - You are looking for a professional career path after 12th grade
    - Preferably in Japan and also to settle there
    - So since Japan has high demand for English teachers, you want to take an English major
    - If you get English major, you'll graduate by the time you're 21
    - But you want to have higher chance of getting hired so you would continue studying til you get a PhD
    - But you will be 25 or 26 by the time you get a PhD

*summons Lealea*

Baldingere likes this.
  6. whybenormalthough

Reading List:
    Link
    nods head* yes

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apply to join @Ai chan's harem?

Or maybe she'll have an idea about the whole career path thing, I suppose. Since you're asking about Japan.

Ai chan and AliceShiki like this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    My ex has been working as an English teacher in Japan for a while now.

Been ages since we've last talked about this, but last I remember, all that they asked, was that you were a native English speaker and that you had an uni degree.

Dunno if his case was unusual or not, but I think the requirements aren't too strict for working in Japan as an English teacher.

Westeller likes this.
  9. whybenormalthough

Reading List:
    Link
    gladly

hmmm than maybe i'll just graduate and apply for a post noh? if that's possible

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting a job as English teacher in Japanese schools is very hard. You need to come from universities recognized by the Ministry of Education, you need to go on interviews, you need to be able to speak Japanese fluently (not as native, but enough that you didn't misunderstood common words), be able to read Japanese and you need to wait for your turn in a very long list. They will inform you if your name comes up, but by that time, your application would have likely reached a couple of years old.

Getting a job as an English teacher at tuition centers is much easier, however. All you need to do is go to a tuition center, ask to speak with the director and apply for the job. While it's against the law, there are many foreign teachers at tuition centers who work under tourist visa. It's fine if you don't get caught. If you do get caught working using tourist visa, you go straight home. Tuition centers also don't pay well, and the Japanese tuition centers would try their best to exploit you, because they know you can't say anything if you got a job on tourist visa. There are also tuition centers that are also black companies, so you will be exploited, without realizing that it's not normal to work 15 hours a day in Japan.

As for teaching English, let's just say that the Japanese government doesn't know how to make an English syllabus and you will end up feeling like your work doesn't matter. No matter how dedicated you are, the only students who would excel in English would be people who are already good in English. After all, Japanese people who truly want to learn English properly would move to Malaysia.

11. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    So high on demand because the requirements are high for ordinary people, then?

Also, atm English teachers may be high in demand in Japanese, but that may not be true in the next 5-6 years. If you want to become an English teacher in another country that doesn't speak English, you may need to rethink where you will go.