Discussion Modern Transmigrators

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by dweenator, Mar 19, 2022.

1. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
  2. caliburns

caliburns New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Release that witch.

3. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reasoning given makes sense.

Fair point but still, modern transmigrators regardless of background, not unless they're cut off from the modern world, should still have some affinity to guns. It just bothers me that none whatsoever, from what I have read, tried or just atleast brought it up.

I would still very much like to see a machine gun wielding immortal riding atop his flying spirit beast mounted with machine gun cannons and rockets and artillery, maybe even an atomic bomb held by its claws, prime for dropping.

4. littleoctopus

littleoctopus White Lotus Slayer ✦ Villain Sympathizer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well It's going to be difficult to accumulate the materials for firearms and bombs in ancient china. As those things are hardly used , differently named , haven't been discovered yet etc.. If you wanted to create it , you'll have to do decades of investigating to find anything remotely similar to the materials you need. When that's done , you need manpower to create it and lets face it a construction of such a large scale , you'll have to pay money (i.e be rich as hell) and then there is the trial phase(or testing phase) because you may fail and blow someone's head off. This kind of power would obviously attract unwanted attention from those who wants to monopolise the power and would probably kill you for it before you could even create it in the first place. Its not as simple as "I want a firearm so lets create it " A lot of politics are involved as well.

And the thing with cultivators is they are always evolving. New methods and techniques are being discovered and they maybe scared at first.Many people might die at first But eventually they will figure out the weakness of it . Its not like humans where we are naturally weak. These people have actual physical or magic power and if they figure out its weakness , could probably destroy the bullet or slow down time , create a magic shield idk . Probably even enhance the firearms and gunpowder , so much so that it's former self is forgettable and by the time that happens you're already dead because some cultivator figured out its weakness and how to make it better. Kills you and takes the plans(blueprints)

5. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Release that witch is kinda similar to what you want. Magic does exist in the world the protagonist is transmigrated (idk reincarnated maybe?). But he can't use magic instead he uses his modern knowledge of weapons and the likes to gain advantage over Witches.....but he doesn't fights and he's a king

6. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing is, fireworks are pretty common in these cultivation novels so the groundwork is already laid out. As for further research, guns are pretty simple. It's just a projectile and an explosive inside a barrel. Won't take much brainpower to achieve, If they can "comprehend" the secrets of the universe and learn how to control it then they should be able to understand and figure this one out. Also, if they can upgrade their bodies, their brains should be included in that therefore it should be easy peasy.

Having said that, these so called cultivators, upgraded humans, transcendental even, still use unsophisticated methods compared to our modern ones so.............

As for the time, these cultivators spend tens of years, thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years behind closed door cultivation or meditation or whatever it is they do with most of the time no substantial advancement in their realm, taking a few years out of those timeframes won't really make a dent, it's like a drop of water in the ocean.

As for cultivators being too strong for bullets. I've stated my logic for this a few times. At their base level, guns > humans. So if you can upgrade the human element, you can also apply the same to the gun. Like in these novels, there are swords that can literally kill immortals, so why not guns and bullets?

I've read that novel a long time ago.

Sadly, I have a dilemma with novels I have read and stopped reading them before finishing the whole story, most of the time it's because I caught up with the translation, that I just cannot go back and re-read them from the beginning because I vaguely remember what happens and it's not too accurate or complete where I can just go back to the last chapter I read and continue from there.

P.S. I KNOW I REPLIED TO THIS A FEW MOMENTS AGO BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE REPLY FUNCTION IN THIS FORUM WORKS, I REPLIED TO ANOTHER GUY A FEW MINUTES LATER AFTER I FINISHED REPLYING TO YOU AND I SEE TWO REPLY POSTS OF MINE BUT THE 2ND REPLY WHICH WAS TO THE OTHER GUY ALSO CONTAINED THE REPLY TO YOUR POST(FIRST REPLY). I TRIED EDITING IT AND REMOVING THE PART WHERE I REPLIED TO YOU SINCE IT IS REDUNDANT BUT THE EDIT IS ALSO CONFUSING ME, I CLEARLY CLICKED EDIT ON THE 2ND REPLY BUT IT EDITED THE FIRST REPLY. SO ANYWAYS, JUST BEAR WITH ME HERE. THIS IS MY THIRD REPLY, IDK IF IT WILL CONTAIN MY PREVIOUS TWO. IF SO, I WON'T BOTHER EDITING AGAIN INCASE I MESS THINGS UP.

okay, so I think I understand this whole thing. The reply function merges all of your replies that were made in a certain timeframe but I don't know the exact time of that timeframe. So while I was seeing multiple instances of my replies with the later replies containing the previous replies in them, there really is only one reply. But, all of the instances are real, in a sense where if you edit any one of them, the final reply gets the editing, same for deletion. I don't know why this is how it is. Anyways, just refresh the page when you reply after the first reply or see if your latest reply merges your previous one(s).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    Mr gentleman likes this.