Spoiler I Picked Up the Second Male Lead After the Ending

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Sep 6, 2020.

1. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope they consider leaving Ritch and Poeny alone. Those two are not helping anyone but themselves.

Reading the latest chapter and the incoming events just makes me feel exhausted. Just me but I feel that maybe it would be damn better for the Ritch to totally go no contact with the Hestia and Mikhail and a little distance between him and Peony (so that Peony can also have time to digest the events).

2. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou I accept this as my novel ending !!!!

lostross likes this.
  3. byunzkdlin

byunzkdlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after going this long long long thread i came to the conclusion it was right for her to end up with ritch it was a happy ending for me after all they been through

shikirri likes this.
  4. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And Ritch also sacrificed enough for them. It kinda annoys me how their subordinates in the castle just disrespect Ritch. Yeh I got the point that the empress is also important and everyone is sacrificing their lives for the royal family but Ritch already sacrificed enough.

And Peony is also from a royal fam so she is IMPORTANT as Hestia is. I just don't really feel that Peony is a Princess, she's more like a daughter of high ranking family.

Zeref_96, BananaChi, lostross and 5 others like this.
  5. gerickarose

gerickarose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty sure its bcs when ur in diff nation they believe they higher ranking than u, that's why it feels like shes not rlly a princess... even tho she is novel and manga

The worst part is that the OGmale and OGfemale know that they were basically betrayed by an inside source, how else were the empress and a foreign princess able to be kidnapped like that? And the worst part is the OGmale blaming the ML for it when it was HIS incompetency with his staff that caused the issue. The man just wants to blame anyone but himself, bye lol...

And the knights acting like it was a fair comparison when his fiance died, vs. the possibility of saving a foreign princess to be the same thing... fighting a war vs. finding the empress does not require an army that they had, just like someone mentioned having search team even 2-3 people is better than abandoning the princess... and the princess is Ritch guest??? Ritch did everything for the OGmale and OGfemale just to get hated on... I was ready to wack these people, leaVE THEM ALONE PLS.

These are probably the worse OGmale and OGfemale, they are both dense as fuck and aren't able to empathize with Ritch or else they wouldn't be acting fools pushing for our FL when it takes time for a relationship. Them involving themselves made it 100000x worse for Ritch, he had it in the bag.

6. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    The one I really hate here is Mikhail/OGML. I really feel that he is a golden child just based on the story. Like okay, he gets the girl and the kingdom and he gets to live the ‘happily ever after’ part of the story. And before anyone comes at me, I don’t think they are at fault based on what Richt did in the past. But Richt is already atoning for what he did – he self-exiles himself and he completely tries to remove himself from the main couple. He even tries to belittle himself before Peony, saying he’s a batch catch and all.

What does this couple do? Forces him to go to the capital coz Peony shows up. I get that there would be curious but force? This is supposed to be the best course of action to explain the situation? But let’s put that aside, since the couple went to the capital anyway.

The royal couple is trying to coax Richt to go back into the ‘fold’ and be the commander of the royal knights. Like I feel there are doing every single thing they can to somewhat force him to go back. So far, he’s not interested since he knows himself that he isn’t over his something. But hey, the royal couple just brushes him off. Particularly, his supposed brother.

Now, this stupid conflict. I get what you’re saying that Peony might not have the same standing as an empress. But if they value diplomatic relations with Peony’s country, how hard is it to divide troops? Are they lacking able-bodied knights?

After the assassins were killed? Why is the whole palace suddenly defensive? No, you can’t know the condition of the empress as if the one asking wasn’t the empress’ own brother-in-law? It’s like they condemned him again for not being in the line? And these people are the ones who wanted Richt back? Somebody, we explain it to me…

I get that they are angry, but they are reinforcing to me how fickle and perhaps, how fake they are. This is the OGML and OGFL, people. They wanted him back so bad, but one independent action later, Richt is like being that problem kid that everybody should have ignored.

I know some people here will argue that Hestia is now Mikhail’s family. I am not gonna deny that. My question is this: If we apply that to Mikhail, he should have asked Richt to leave. You don’t get to play happy families when it suits him. Not when you (Mikhail) didn’t even recognize how awkward and how the conflict of interest may happen between your wife and your brother (especially since they have a romantic past). Being an emperor and the victor in the story doesn’t mean much when you’re the one who is forcing people to interact or possibly guilt-tripping your own brother who might not agree with you on some personal matters.

And with all of this, why is Mikhail not speaking to his brother? Why does Hestia need to be the ‘bridge’? Is talking to Richt as a brother that hard? Or maybe being an emperor has already seeped into his mindset.

To be host, I am stalking the raws just to see which chapter the royal couple finally gets out of the panels.

/rantover

7. Feiya

Feiya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need some spoilers? I’m here for ya ~WEBTOON EDITION~

Chapter 60 - Peony’s bro arrived, saying, “let’s go home, Ritch’s a warrior but he also has a dark past and cannot protect her. He mentioned that Ritch and Peony may be punished upon normal circumstances for abandoning the imperial fam, but was forgiven. He also stated that Ritch was ready to cut-off their engagement; however Peony suspects there’s another reason behind. She also has to consider how her family was sad when OG-Peony died.

Chapter 61 - Peony undergoes treatments and stuff, the doc was weirded-out, saying that her fast recovery isn’t normal, considering that she was always sick. She waited for Ritch to visit her, as the date is nearing her departure home. Peony talked about how she doesn’t wanna go home, and went to the balcony, only to see Ritch was outside (awwww, Ritch tis your chance, take your girl away~~~)

Chapter 62 - Peony and Ritch talked from diff floors, and had their usual banter. Peony questioned why Ritch didn’t talk to her regarding their engagement; he said it’s all to protect her. She got mad as to why not properly discuss with her instead of her brother. Peony throws her slippers to Ritch in frustration. This chapter also hinted the reason why Meloda being the main culprit

Chapter 63 - begins with OGml interrogating a noble who did corruption (i think, idc) and going back to have tea with OGfl. He stated his sadness that none of the noble were actually sincere; even his own brother was a victim of self-sacrifice due to those bad noble who supported him for their own gain. Then, we saw Ritch looking at the convoy of Peony’s departure, while he was miserable in his room. On another side, Marie (Peony’s maid) whined about Peony’s departure to Andy (the almost BF) so he listened and went to fetch some food for her, to see Ritch was drinking, wallowing in his sorrow (in the kitchen, no less).

Chapter 64 - mainly conversation between Andy and Milord Ritch. Ritch accidentally drunk-talked about his sad past, Andy asked why Ritch let Peony go; he said to protect her so Andy be like, goodluck to the Princess, she might as well have another fiance and that was the call for Ritch

Chapter 65 - Ritch went to fetch the rings for him and Peony in his room to catch Peony’s carriage. He and Andy were caught by the Stern gang (some knights, and Marie) he was reluctant to go with them but gave up after the female knight mentioned their loyalty to him as the Grand Duke of Stern.

Do you like them? Whadya think of Ritch now? And Peony (plus other characters...)

Grace34, 416temp, AerynJay and 5 others like this.
  8. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you also spoil about Richt's convo with Hestia? Did Richt and Mikhail try to resolve the event that happened with Hestia?

9. Feiya

Feiya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I can understand, it mostly entails on how he was conflicted between his decision earlier. Like how he chose to follow his heart by saving peony amd abandoning his duty to the imperial family.

He felt that he had failed everyone by disregarding his duty, and putting everyone in danger. Hestia stated that it’s not his fault but he felt responsible due to his promise back in chapter 39.

Michael and Hestia did most of the research as Ritch was put under house arrest (limit movement, easier to catch bad guys i guess). Also, Ritch also lost many of his co-workers due to this event

10. blippysumloly

blippysumloly New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey so I kinda wanna discuss about how Richt’s love for peony and Hestia are different (this is how it seems to me). Because with Hestia, Richt was manipulated into loving her by his mother, since due to him being her bodyguard he was more efficient at protecting her than his brother. and in episode 59 he kinda said along the lines that with Hestia he mistook love for duty. But with Peony, Ritch naturally fell in love with her on his own, and how ultimately between saving the lives of Hestia or Peony, he chooses Peony. And I remember Peony saying that Richt loved Hestia more than life itself yet he left her when it came to Peony, so doesn’t that mean he loves Peony more than life itself (like why are people hating on webtoon Richt when he actually loves peony more than Hestia) hope my observation makes sense lol

11. Grace34

Grace34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the manhwa not have the scene where the mc and ogfl are in a carriage together and the ml saves the ogfl instead of the mc? I can't find it

12. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    latest spoilers up to ch 69 show
    richt and team riding on horses to meet up with peony. peony knows they're coming bc of a note that her maid had sent her before. peony convinces sir devon to take her half way via horseback and he finally relents when she starts crying. HOWEVER richt + team appear at the inn where peony was previously and its abandoned....they see peony in the distance and shes warning them ....they get ambushed!!!! richt + team fight off MORE black mask guys (associated with same group that kidnapped peony + empress) and richt splits to run after peony bc peony and devon had split so she wouldn't get caught either. peony and richt both get hurt. peony sees richt but she cant move and she quiets down when some bad guys come to drag him away. doria (?) aka the assistant for the empress comes out with a bag of money to pay the blask mask guy but surprise surprise its a gun and she shoots him with poison. she almost ends up choking richt to death and cursing him for trying to be happy when peony knocks her out with a rock. she cradles richt.

I'm really interested in seeing how the webtoon continues to change the story. Like I'm really enjoying these changes because it feels so in character to the progress and relationships we've seen develop. :)

mintypotat and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  13. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of the webtoon adaptations where the changes in the plot is something I look forward to as well. The artist really outdone herself in this work, I just hope that she continues with this consistency (I mean she's also the same artist/author who made Nevertheless so she already has some good writing skills in her sleeve). Thank you for the spoilers :aww: I hope both of the leads will be ok and I'm also wondering why the assistant has a grudge with the emperor and empress... I guess we'll just have to wait for the future chapters.

Creolenerd, Reack and BananaChi like this.
  14. acac23

acac23 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guysss, I’m just asking if can someone specify the part where ml chooses the ogFL, like it says on the spoilers that after he picked the ogFL’s hand he mistook it for the fl’s hand, is that true? And also can someone better explain how he ‘apologized’ after it? Did the princess forgave him just like that? Sorry for asking so many questions it’s just that I want a more indept explanation/spoiler hehe

also screw the ogml and ogfl, both in the novel and webtoon . It’s seems as though the only reason they had a happy ending is because of richt and then they had the nerve to get angry at him (ehem Michael) and convince him to come back and serve them again when they can’t even defend him (ehem Hestia). It must be because they both know that they’ll be nothing without richt

sachii and Creolenerd like this.
  15. Deleted member 424436

Deleted member 424436 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    For that carriage incident ,Richt choosing Hestia over peony this plot was in novel but webtoon deviated from novel so this incident doesn't happen.But if you're interested at this particular incident of novel then I will try to answer it (PS-my answer is based on spoilers of others and if anyone find it wrong feel at ease to correct me:blobokhand:).What I understand from spoilers at this particular part ,he indeed wanna try to save Peony but he by mistake held Hestia's hand as Peony was behind her and saved Hestia and I dunno if he apologized or not because Richt is epitome of tsundere ml I have ever seen ,him confronting Peony for this particular incident that by mistake he saved Hestia I'm not aware of it but I know Peony at last accepted him totally when he went for hunting and gave her flowers I think both kissed each other(Actually Peony loves Richt very much:blobmelt:). Don't worry manhwa deviated from it and artist changed this part so there is nothing like Richt prioritizing Hestia over Peony.

I too dislike Hestia and OgMl ,they seemed too much selfish IMO ,that so called ogMl is very annoying .I just hope our lead's will leave that place as soon as possible because now I'm fed up with those ogleads.I also want that after our lead leave them ,artist just don't even bother to show their story(I literally don't wanna see them:blobpopcorn_two:) at webtoon,they frustrated me :blobexpressionless:.

Magen1, i_am_here, sachii and 3 others like this.
  16. acac23

acac23 Member

Reading List:
    Link

Ohhh thanks for answering . Ngl I wish someone would post or translate that particular chapter for us so that we’ll know ourselves what really happened

17. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    My question is what is Melody’s deal? Did she just orchestrate this whole bullshit? To what end?

18. LostRose17

LostRose17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the raws (I can't read Korean, I'm just going by the pictures) it seems that her lover was most likely a soldier under Richt who died during the rebellion so she blames him as a result which is kinda fair but at the same time it's occupational hazard, these things happen. Being the aide to the Empress, she should've put her emotions aside and carried on.

Chapter 68/69, Melody tries to kill Richt but Peony knocks her out, giving him a chance to get the upper hand but it seems that Peony talks him out of it, probably to clear his name etc.

The raws for chapter 70 also show Peony almost dying/being exhausted after the whole ordeal while trying to support Richt's weight, Richt panics when she stops talking and she faints, he catches her in his arms, she meets OG Peony again the two talk. I don't know what they're saying.

In chapter 71, back in the real world, all the soldiers and relevant characters appear including the Emperor and Empress and Peony's brother, it might seem like they finally figured out that Melody was the mastermind behind it all. It's very emotional, it's raining and Richt is crying thinking he finally lost Peony while Peony is stuck in the Inbetween. He takes out the ring he wanted to propose to her with and slips it onto her finger while he's crying. His tears fall on her face and she awakens. The chapter ends.

19. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone have any predictions for how the author will be continuing the story now?

20. webnovelinfo

webnovelinfo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, spoilers are too messy and I can't find them. Can I have a link or s.th?