SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Read for fun, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Read for fun

Read for fun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just thought most of us fiction readers can read any type of novel or fiction even if it is love between a robot and a human or between a tree and it's residents or rebirth novel so how did you people get to know bl fictional world .
    I came across this by accident actually I got bored by reading Bg type novels so I accidentally stumbled upon dramas ( mainly Thai) which took both there main characters boys so I thought why not watch it .then I came across a very INTERESTING BL DRAMA WITH GOOD VISUALS WHICH HAD MY FAVORITE GENRE THAT IS ANGST .in that drama the two characters's chemistry is not awkward (like they are paid people who are acting) ,they have some good romantic close up scenes without feeling disgusted and a super duper awesome music and then I started to not feel so disgusted by reading bl novels (got introduced to bl fictional world because of bl dramas which I watched due to curiosity hehe)
    Feel free to share your first time encounter with yaoi fictional world , anytime anywhere

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  2. DrunkReader01

DrunkReader01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super Lovers (Anime)
    I wuz just watching eps on auto play on utube when it came up (wuz in gr.6 at the time) I watched the 1st 2 eps be4 realising something wuz weird and dropped it. I found 'Free' and I wanted 2 watch the eps but me not knowing anything, watched a TON of Free crack clips.
    gr.7, a bunch of ppl n my class were from the lgbtq+ community, and u could say I wuz curious(?), only watched half the 1st season be4 dropping again
    gr.8..... I finished both seasons, got into haikyuu, started shipping charas, became a rin x haru x makoto fan, and it snowballed from there. guess it's been almost 8yrs now.

Read for fun likes this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    any fiction?
    Cardcaptor Sakura, Sakura big bro x Glasses who turn villain~ even as kid this cat know the big bro have "romance" feel toward glasses~ so not really new stuff when see it on other media as this cat grow~
    when FB start popular here 2009 onward among anime lover group there pop up BL stuff the term seme uke this cat learn there also fujoishi? the rotten girl, back then never meet rotten boy err fudanshi?~ danmei is when NUF pop up~

this cat remember the only one who can argue to death about "ship" against otaku is a fujo.... lol

btw the cry of people over boku no pico is gold~
    they should see shounen maid? maybe? banana~

Read for fun likes this.
  4. Read for fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro you are an early starter ;) but yeah by the way what is Rin x haru x makoto

DrunkReader01 likes this.
  5. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was twelve and stayed up late watching anime clips on YouTube and adding to my long list of 'what to watch next'. I stumbled across a smut scene in Okane Ga Nai and thought Ayase was a girl.
    I was in that period of sexual curiosity and went looking for the official anime. Boy was I surprised when Ayase turned out to be male.
    From there I just kinda tumbled down the rabbit hole.
    Junjou Romatica, Super Lovers, Iroku Romatan, (Undergrand Hotel was my first BL manga).
    It's been 10 years now. I watch less anime these days, but I'm never short of steamy manga and good novels. :blobowoevil:

Read for fun likes this.
  6. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly preferred novels with as little romance as possible at first, or none at all (but they are so rare!), so I didn't really bother with that kind of stuff, so my path was rocky. First bl, iirc, that I read was a very good romance novel with a character being reincarnated or transmigrated into the world of beastmen and it was soooo very fluffy and kyuute I was "ahhhh, I'm dying!", and then it turned out ot be a bl, which I found out like 14 chapters in. At that time I was not as experienced a reader as I am now, and it had a part that was really a turn off, and that was an adoptive father-figure cat beastman obviously being a future romantic lead - I still can't read this kind of trope. I can read incest, I loved oreimo, but when it's an age gap + incest + the older figure being not against it at first, it feels like abuse. I could probably get through it now but it was a turn off then. I don't remember the name BTW. I decided then that bl was not for me.
    Until, I read that amazing story of a guy being reincarnated as a Prince and doing normal isekai shit like baking Japanese cooking and more European stuff like cheesecakes and being all nice. He quickly got his brothers' attention, and I was like "wooo, that was what I was waiting for, that is what it is all about!", but then we find out that his mother looked like him and that the king may or may not be fond of him, which raised a flag, but I was tough already by then so I persevered, but the novel was discontinued.
    Yeah, I was a bit traumatised by bl by then.
    A while later, I came back to novels with as little romance as possible or only the kind of romance I specifically seeked out - stuff like yandere, or yandere, or maybe yandere... Man was I into yandere back then. Who am I kidding, Yuno Gasai is still best girl.
    But it all changed when the fire nation attacked with a very beloved series of mine. So I watched a play through of a visual novel called Umineko, and there was this amazing~ ship called Bern X Lambda, and I was immediately indoctrinated into the yuri camp. After I found the yuri garden, which is a famous cult thread for yuri, I ended up mostly reading that, and I wasn't particularly interested in bg romance at all (not that I ever was). Well... I gave bl a few more tries - and it was bad luck. Those were just the disgusting josei stories with rapist male leads, but instead of "woman" they now went "man, you have attracted my attention". Yeah, it was a bit of a bad luck streak.
    But then I stumbled upon some bl on SH, which wasn't bad at all. I don't remember the names, however. Now I am reading one called "like a feather tickling my heart" - which is also an aro novel, believe it or not. Though so far I mostly see bl. That's not how aro works but I digress. I do enjoy the story.
    Oh, and I also found the Gungdam x Hajime and Togami x Naegi shops that really fit my aesthetic (both are danganronpa ships... Though I prefer Mukuro x Makoto more than Togami X Naegi but, well, I enjoy both and I digress)
    There were also some damn good cross dressing manga I enjoyed before bl like my wife is a man and onii-chan complex but that was my fetish for feminine men rather than men x men, and an additional case for yandere imouto (otouto) in the case of onii-chan complex

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    Read for fun likes this.
  7. DrunkReader01

DrunkReader01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a three-way ship in 'Free' it's a swimming anime ;);)

Read for fun likes this.
  8. Read for fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess your journey was not so smooth but yay you perserved

Okay

9. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I also started with Super Lovers as well, but I finished it... season 2 included :ROFLMAO:

Read for fun likes this.
  10. Laraenna

Laraenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I discovered BL through my best friend and I remember her talking about an ABO/Omegaverse story that she was writing. I was not really interested nor aware of BL fiction stuff yet and I couldn't not quite understand the Alpha and omega terms she said at that time :blobxd:.

I think one of the first bl novel I read that I really liked was Kill the Lights. The MC there was really cool. But the real bl fiction that probably made me drown in BL was a Drarry fanfiction that I read in wattpad :blobrofl: even though I've only read the first 3 years/books of Harry Potter :sweating_profusely:. Then loads of amazing translations of CN bl novels came and now my browser tabs and bookmarks are filled with bl novels HAHAHAHA.

Saphychan and Read for fun like this.
  11. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont actually remember lol
    I only remember reading tales of demons and gods then boom! bl

Saphychan and Read for fun like this.
  12. Read for fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Oo
    Yeah yandere is also my
    Ok so here someone came who got into this by a person not accidentally self-discovered

Quite unusual:whistle:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    Amaruna Myu likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    My first contact with both BL and GL was when I was a child, watching Cardcaptor Sakura and stuff. The romance between Touya and Yukito is kinda obvious, and so is the one-sided love of Tomoyo to Sakura.

Sadly, the anime kinda made it less clear, but still visible enough... I wish it was as direct as it is in the manga.

Read for fun likes this.
  14. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I forgot that bl is not just a web novel genre! Lol, thx for reminding me.

If I look at it objectively, then my first bl story would be reaper, the TV show from... Not that long ago if you think about. Maybe there some queer-coded characters in media before, some implied gay romance, some lonely tropey (like I can't believe it isn't heterosexual or Bury your gays kinda tropey) gay character but the reaper was the first show (that I have seen, not the first one ever, ofc) that had the bravery to have a prominent and likeable gay couple that would often reappear and have a major play in the story. I was quite young back then. Loved the show. Oh, the good old times...

15. ArisaX

ArisaX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, would u happen to remember that angsty good visual thai BLs name? I wanna watch it too now

Read for fun likes this.
  16. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    10 Dance
    I was into my Subaru manga phase (it's a dance manga that's very intense and psychological) and checking out more sport manga, and I tried that one and loved it. It's one of the best Bl's I've read, tho I never got to read the ending. The bl aspect of the story feels realistic.

Read for fun likes this.
  17. Read for fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course why wouldn't I not remember after all it was a big a turn on for me to enter bl fictional world:p but drama is not Thai.
    So the name is WE BEST LOVE (season 1 is smexy but man season 2 is wholesome) you may not be able to watch it at YouTube but you can use paid sites like RAKUTEN VIKI etc if you're self employed to watch drama.

Unfortunately heavy plots affect my brain cells too much so I usually go for angsty but with H.E plots or funny one

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    Baldingere and ArisaX like this.
  18. ArisaX

ArisaX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh i do have viki already I'll use that then, thanks a lot❤

Read for fun likes this.
  19. MissZer0q

MissZer0q Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had an extreme One Piece addiction and came upon an Ace x Marco doujinshi and ever since then, I've gone on a road of no return ಥ‿ಥ

It was actually funny cuz when I finished reading that doujin I was extremely uncomfortable but I kept going back to it time and time again so I just decided to accept myself (╥﹏╥)

Baldingere and Read for fun like this.
  20. Read for fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately hea
    Yeah at first feeling uncomfortable is normal and keep going back to the road means we're obstinate (in a fun sense):cool:

MissZer0q likes this.