Picked Up Even I Have Become a Beautiful Girl, but I Was Just Playing as a Net-game Addiction

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Asuran, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Even I Have Become a Beautiful Girl, but I Was Just Playing as a Net-game Addiction (美少女になったけど、ネトゲ廃人やってます。)
    Raw Link:
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0170db/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...t-i-was-just-playing-as-a-net-game-addiction/

Why It Should Get Picked Up: It's an interesting premise where the MC after taking a nap woke up as a Loli but decides not to tell anyone. She starts playing a VRMMO that his friends and sister recommended, unfortunately for her the game scans your real body and uses it for your character, so to prevent anyone from finding out she lies and claims it's a glitch. The story follows the main character both in real life and in game and also has the main character dealing with the aftermath of turning into a little girl when her family finally finds out.

Description:
    The story follows the High-schooler Futsu Jintarou, whose confession was rejected by his crush.

His misfortune continues, As news of a gender-change disease turns Jintarou into a beautiful silver haired girl. The shock of it causes him (her) to try to escape from reality by playing the VRMMO, Clan/Clan…

Game characters use the same appearance as in reality. Jintarou has the Alchemy skill, which most players call a trash skill.

He meets lots of fellow adventurers and becomes stronger within the game world. Clan/Clan’s slogan was, ‘When one becomes an adventurer, they can fight, steal, control, explore, invent, create, and do anything they like’.

He meets a wide variety of adventurers that help him(her) grow, Taru hides what happened to his(her) appearance as a bug to his friends who also play the game, and hides the fact that he(she) had become a girl in real life.

When summer vacation is over, he(she) will have to show their face at school.

This about one of the best National-class adventurers, The story of the Alchemist who won a war without even taking a single step.

When a normal high school student suddenly turns into a beautiful girl, what would they do?

Become a net-game addict!

This story could really use some love as the original translator was very sporadic with this being the 2nd time they've gone over 3 months without updating not to mention their translations were very mediocre.

2. imafire

imafire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

NirvEND likes this.
  3. NirvEND

NirvEND That time my NUFfamily started a cult&caused chaos

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to post a pick up request for this but it appears imafire found this older post and grabbed a shovel.

For anyone curious this is a series already over 350+ chapters on the webnovel. The translation cuts off at 77 currently and hops between translators unfortunately. If you do decide to give it a read the first few chapters can be skimmed especially the first one. It was a hard to read confession for sure . . .

I have honestly been kind of depressed this past week waiting to make a thread for this since I registered. It is a really cute and innocent story but has some serious interaction with the MC becoming female. How they react to family, friends, life. I really want to see how the rest of these interactions play out and carry on honestly the most. I have picked up about a dozen novels and caught in the last week to try to ease how I feel but I am still opening the page hoping it suddenly starts again.

This isn't about a gender-bender with a male mind, or who is sexually exploring their new gender. It is legit just a mental and emotional struggle to accept who they have become and facing that honestly. The majority of the story is slice of life/adventure but those moment outside the game are incredibly impactful to me.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    imafire, Wannabe-shutin and Asuran like this.
  4. NirvEND

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump time

Also I'll admit to anyone who picks this up. The author does get side tracked just like the MC with MCs alchemy every so often. Its a core component of how they progress the story but still. I cannot deny what the comment say about it. I still found it cute and endearing.

It's a good relief from combat and the stress of MC dealing with the gender swap in RL. The author definitely handles it way different than any other Genderbender I've read. In a very good way.

imafire and Wannabe-shutin like this.
  5. imafire

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally find it as a good showcase of MC's character. I remember while reading it, that how the MC "dealt" with the problem sounded very similar to how I would try handling it. I would procrastinate. That is what the MC is mainly doing afterall.

When the Genderbender incident happened, MC decided to run from the problem by playing the VR game. Yeah, there is more too it than that, but it does not change the fact MC ran from the problem. No one is taught how to deal with suddenly changing genders, everyone would panic.

So like you said, the author handles it differently, but in a good way. It is a good showcase of how the MC thinks and acts. I find it as nice character building without just outright telling us this information. It has been a bit since I read the series, for obvious reasons, so I could've missed some details.

Anyways, I am glad that you took an interest in this as well. Hope this info helps spark an interest in this series.

NirvEND and Wannabe-shutin like this.
  6. NirvEND

Reading List:
    Link
    That time of the week again~ BUMP

For anyone wondering why this was dropped: the translator disappeared from all their works.

The last life post that you can still see from about a year ago mentioned an arranged marriage. A few months after that they disappeared off the radar. Both sites they used are entirely inactive now...

It's hard to get new people into checking it out since it's dead. But seriously please give it a shot atleast to like ch20 or so?

7. NirvEND

Reading List:
    Link
    Weekly Bumper I'm a little late this time~
    Thank you to the strangers who liked my last post?

But lets keep going? Surely someone would be okay with this story.. If they can just ignore the rough start.. God I can't defend that first scene Lol there had to be a better way

imafire likes this.
  8. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think anyone can defend the first scene but after that the story gets very interesting both within the game and IRL for the main character

NirvEND and imafire like this.
  9. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it’s been a while I thought I’d give it another bumper. I really hope someone will pick it up again.
    If only Pomello’d had continued the translation. They updated regularly and the quality was good.

NirvEND, FluffyGura and imafire like this.
  10. FluffyGura

FluffyGura Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i prefer Pomello’d translation over imouto's one

Asuran and NirvEND like this.
  11. imafire

Reading List:
    Link
    Even so, I prefer consistent translations. A translation can be as good as it wants, but it matters not if a chapter is never released. It could be a chapter a month or ever two months, as long as it is consistent.

At this point, Pomello has lost my trust. If they return who knows for how long. I feel like they will "happen" to return when someone starts translating and tells them to stop. Is it going to happen? Who knows. It just shows my utter lack of trust now, and it would not be a first time for someone to do what I just described. That is besides the point though. Either way, this pick-up request happened is because Pomello has went MIA for an worrying amount of time. I believe this is not the first time they went MIA either.

NirvEND likes this.
  12. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you have the names mixed up, Imouto is the one who wanted it back, Pomello is the one who started translating it the first time Imouto disappeared

NirvEND likes this.
  13. imafire

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I do have the names mixed up. Sorry.

NirvEND likes this.
  14. NirvEND

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad a bunch of people started talking here but yeah I want consistent translations.. The MTL's are pretty rough....
    I just can't stand the MTL tho..

Also I think getting married is a fair reason to have trouble translation as a hobby. Tho how sudden it happened it sounds like they didn't really get a say in their relationship...

15. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump

Please somebody pick this up, it's a great story

imafire, Wannabe-shutin and AlyssaS like this.
  16. NirvEND

Reading List:
    Link
    Late late bump!~

Asuran, imafire and Wannabe-shutin like this.
  17. Jayswing103

Jayswing103 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, it's pretty interesting.

imafire likes this.
  18. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump, someone please actually pick this up properly, the last person picked it up, retranslated the first 2 chapters then has ignored it for the past 3 months

imafire and AlyssaS like this.
  19. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump, this a great story, hopefully one day someone will actually pick this up

AlyssaS and imafire like this.
  20. karragin1

karragin1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump, one day this will be picked up hopefully

Asuran and imafire like this.