Discussion thoughts on poeple lying?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 318062, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Deleted member 318062

Deleted member 318062 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    making up scenarios and so on, opinions on that?

2. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *shrug*
    i don't like them

3. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean lying ?
    No not a fan

Edit: I read thoughts on people dying , and scenarios

I also do not like when people lie about dying

4. ChiliJam

ChiliJam Sunflower Goddess' Devotee

Reading List:
    Link
    There are people like that? :eek:

5. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Justifiable" lying, provided the right people know it, can include April Fool's stories. Now, such stories are framed can be concerning.

6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t like lying because it’s to much hassle. The lying I sometimes do is withholding all the truth. I just admit just enough that I’m comfortable with, but in the end I also believe this is lying. Personally, I don’t believe hurting someone when it’s not necessary. But I am a lier. So maybe you shouldn’t believe what I’m saying right now…

7. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean , I misread lying as dying and understood it as fake dying scenarios :bloboh:

Pretty sure there are , both celebs and normal people around you. Usually goes something like this
    Scenario 1 : I'm ill , so ill that I'm dying soon
    so do this and that or something
    Scenario 2 : I'm dead , but not for real but you don't know it's not for real

Pranks are fine, but taking them too far is :blob_thor:

ChiliJam likes this.
  8. SymbolOfGreed

SymbolOfGreed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the biggest fan of them, but definitely need a case-by-case study for each scenario and the context and situation behind each of the scenarios to make my own judgement. Lying and all that isn't something I appreciate, but if it's relatively justifiable and didn't do any harm, then I don't care that much.

9. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fine with that since I'm surrounded by people who tell lies since I was very young. Eventually, they influenced me and even become my weapon. The fact that I can read through people's lie makes me be able to accept them somehow. It's easy to tell if someone is lying or not.

When so many people around you tell lies, making up scenarios and stuffs, they eventually become normal.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  10. Has

Has divorcee and veteran nuffer

Reading List:
    Link
    Since two years ago I decided to become a completely honest person, and now I just kinda unconsciously live in the assumption that everyone else also is honest. So it sure would suck if people lie to me! Lol

11. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
    The longer I live the more I see that there everyone has their own truth...

12. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the person and the topic of discussion lol. Idrc if the lie doesn't hurt me or them because but even then I think forgiveness is negotiable esp if they apologize and are sincere. If I'll continue to be close to them is another thing altogether though. We all have lied at least once let's not be hypocritical here lol so I think it's just right to not immediately judge or hate the person in context but ofc in the end that's up to you.

13. jeysi

jeysi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it depends, some situation u really need to lie

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    On some situations, I do hide part of the truth, and I tend to feel bad about it.

I don't lie though. I hate lying. I just can't feel comfortable with it... Even in games of deception, I tend to prefer withholding information or bluffing over lying (though I can lie if the game situation requires it (as I'm not going to throw away the game just because I don't wanna lie), it's still fairly rare for me... I just don't enjoy lying, even if I'm in the middle of a game that is built around the assumption that people will lie to one another).

As for how I feel about liars?

If someone lies to me in a game, I tend to feel a bit cheated. I tend to work on the assumption that people will play mostly honestly... I don't really blame them for it or anything though, I just don't feel that well about a loss when someone lied to me.

If someone lies for me about something meaningful though? Then it's a huge break of trust, and it's really hard for me to recover from it. My trust doesn't break easily, but once it does, it tends to stay broken.

If someone sends more of a white lie to me though...? Then I kinda expect an apology, and I do feel annoyed about it if I don't get an apology... I am not okay with being fed white lies. Apologize properly if you have done so, and avoid doing it again in the future.
    ... Ah, obvious joke lies are all okay though. Just make sure that they're obvious and that they're jokes.