My taste became bland

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LolMania, Apr 3, 2022.

1. LolMania

LolMania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see three types of novels and identify them at just a glance -
    Japanese by names longer than my height, Chinese ones by thier overbearing names and finally Korean ones with MCs hairstyle on thumbnail,
    So the problem is I have read - Yaoi,Yuri,netorare,netori,r18,shotacon,lolicon,gender bender, abandoned idiot,revenge idiot,transmigrated idiot,isekai idiot,young master idiot,horror, manipulation,blackmail,gore,cheating,harem,romance,action,only romance,drama,way more drama,smart baby mc,pervert baby mc,mother mc with son,father mc with illegal loli but I can't find anymore content regarding my taste,reading manhas and manhuas side by side but also feeling like I don't want to read them,now thinking about starting psychology books but can't read for more than ten sentences HELP

2. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Cleanse your taste by force-reading slice of life

Mr v, Has, Mental waifu and 10 others like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop reading purely genre fiction of the most elementary kind.

asriu, Capsize, Geor and 5 others like this.
  4. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go play games, lol.

Although I was kidding there, a change of pace sounds more like what you want.

Whenever I experience burnout on reading (damn binge sprees!) I turn to other stuff available.

Physical activities, maybe learning something new (encyclopedias are fun, and in case of graphic bug details, disgusting as well. Of course, documentaries are more fitting in your case), picking up new hobbies or reutrning to some old ones if they recatch your interest (music, pottery, whatever),....

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Lost of your sense of taste is a distinctive symptom of Covid.
    Or perhaps, you've finally realized how tasteless you are.
    :blobpeek:

Has, dailily, little king and 9 others like this.
  6. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Been there, done that.
    Go refresh yourself with something else.

Greater thunder, LolMania and runsing like this.
  7. Ordinary people

Ordinary people Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Play Gacha game, salty will be your new taste

Capsize and LolMania like this.
  8. LolMania

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie: I got some ideas,so everybody have some cookies

9. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Try something not out of a Japanese hentai-consuming teenager's mind for once in a while.

10. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Buddy, I’m afraid to say this…. But you have been diagnosed with Ageusia…..

However, don’t you worry, we do have multiple treatments for that and they’re called “go touch some grass”, “eat some grass with hot sauce”, and “realization”.

For now, I recommend you try “eat some grass with hot sauce” and come back to me so I can see how well it worked. If this doesn’t work, we will have to try “touch some grass”. Then, if that doesn’t work, I’m going to have to send you to our top otolaryngologist to have them do the “realization” treatment.

If nothing works, I’m afraid you can only suffer this disaster for the rest of your life.

LolMania likes this.
  11. MissZer0q

MissZer0q Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I resort to watching movies, funny yt vids and listening to music. After a while I'd be like "haven't read anything for weeks now, lemme go check for updates" which tbh ends up with me on another rabbit hole of binging then losing interest again ಥ‿ಥ

LolMania likes this.
  12. passerbyfujofromspace

passerbyfujofromspace “ice pop.”

Reading List:
    Link
    everytime I get frustrated reading the same thing again and again I just ditch it for a while and go to my bff to rant abt it or keep myself busy til I'm bored af... tho if keeping myself busy doesn't work then I'd just chill listening to music,, but for my ultimate stress reliever it's actually watching Shoto's very bottom-like screams and Vox & Mysta's well hahahah (anyway I watch any luxiem-related content) ( ;∀;)

LolMania likes this.
  13. Novel Monster

Novel Monster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to give you advice, but I'm also suffering the same predicament, there hasn't been anything that I wanted to read with passion for a while.
    Mostly because of slow updates, slow translations and the prices. I find it better if you read some comedy in these times, that should give you some life energy for a while.

LolMania likes this.
  14. Deleted member 25261

Deleted member 25261 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You matured you taste, you can still read raw novels but looking for more mature content. Unfortunately my case is more critical, I'd already looked most raw chinese fantasy, martial arts, fanfics and historical novels.

LolMania likes this.
  15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    problem is the real novel err proper literature with in deep stuff kinda expensive! well there some free one but it require proper brain power to appreciate the commentary of humanity using perhaps symbolism~ sure there also fantasy with world building or social dynamics or perhaps just nice story telling~ but this cat read online stuff to chill around~

as for OP, time to switch into traditional published novel~

LolMania and otaku31 like this.
  16. LolMania

Reading List:
    Link
    Well came from that experienced I ran behind my building and touched some dry grass that was yellow then touched some green grass that was not yellow, so I realized I had nothing to realize thanks for realization

I would love to try what these people are :D

Same bro Lnmtl, ComradeMao, Mtl got my spotpoints, I search for hours, find a good novel with more chaps and interesting concept, and after finishing it I wait for updates

Sorry to multi quote, I didn't realize.

17. Has

Has my wife is my life

Reading List:
    Link
    It's my first time here on nuf seeing a OP being so flamed on their on thread lol I don't enjoy your kinda of genres but imo just try focusing on something else give NU some time to pick up new novels and then come back. That's one of the reasons why I've been hanging here on nuf, I have nothing to binge read

LolMania likes this.
  18. LolMania

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, same for me too, aside from LNP, and five mtl sites idk any better ones, recommendations?

19. Lemonlyn

Lemonlyn ♥[ Incubus ] Onee-san Seducer♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I would suggest some light hearted comedy then it could help with giving you abs if you find the one that's to your taste. Laughing works stomach muscles I think?

LolMania likes this.
  20. krispykakes44

krispykakes44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trying doing other stuff other than reading. I usually juggle between watching, reading, playing games, cooking, doing household chores, or anything that I find enjoyable and time-worthy. Sometimes, too much of something can result to disinterest of something you once liked. Try to minimize the the quantity and maximize the quality and variation. Who knows, maybe you’ll find something you’d like in something you never tried.

LolMania likes this.