Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. GED

GED Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Friday is so far...

2. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHA guys, I will be boarding my flight in a few hours damn!!!

Late to the partyyyyy but This chapter is amazingggggggg! hahahaha I just want to boink Maxi’s head sometimes lol.

Riftan is definitely the best boi! Angel @Ames2021 made the summary for this chapter.

But just want to point out the part when Riftan said “-When you hug someone tight…” this is a support to when he said he had longed for her for so long.. like that is the start of his unrequited love for her.

This is when they were younger and Riftan saved Maxi from a monster.

Maxi was crying so hard for her dog, even pulling Riftan’s hair. Riftan promised he will bring back the dog. That’s when Maxi hugged him so tight.

The girl wrapped her small, slender arms around his neck and snorted. She said, “You m-must.”
    that is the first moment Riftan knew he long for her. He knew she will hold a special place in his heart.

Hahahahahhaha why do i feel like she’s so emotionally sensitive these days.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  3. EnterYourNickname

EnterYourNickname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is Sunday :bloborz: and next chapter of manhwa, I'll have to reread last chapter, becuase again can't remember what is happening in mahwa, it's been like 3 weeks :blobscream:

4. LadyJellan

LadyJellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I buy?

Sa12Ben18 likes this.
  5. MariaDolens

MariaDolens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's too skinny to be like Riftan. This guy is more like it. He's currently fighting in the Ukraine

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...-ex-wladimir-klitschko-has-been-her-champion/

EnterYourNickname and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  6. muramirasol

muramirasol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah definitely I was just using the height comparison so people could get an idea of the amount of empty space between Riftan and Maxi with their height, I know that Jacob Elordi and him don’t exactly have the same build though

Also, since I caught up on stuff a while ago, on the forum and book bases, can I ask please what was going on with the random shipping stuff with Rosetta? Cause I can’t find in the book where questions of her and Gabel or her and Elliot would have come from?
    Although thinking about that one scenario between Gabel and Rosetta in Riftan’s POV, something about that moment always made me kinda laugh? Cause when Riftan’s looking at Maxi, and then he hears Gabel say “wow what a beauty you are” Riftan gets mad at the idea that someone’s gawking at Maxi, but then he proceeds to clarify that he’s staring at Rosetta and he proceeds to get angry again because “how could anyone look at anyone else when Maximilian Croix is in the room?” Like- my good sir MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

Shendee90, Amya, nilreader and 4 others like this.
  7. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    I always picture them like this XD in manhwa Riftan is soo big, like his pectoral muscles are the size of Maxi's head
    [​IMG]

8. muramirasol

Reading List:
    Link

This picture just looks so funny to me, this is why I like tho to look at this for reference when I’m reading the manhwa cause their size difference is pretty exaggerated there as if this man wasn’t already a mountain and Maxi wasn’t smaller than the average woman:ROFLMAO:

Amya and Ruth simp like this.
  9. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    In manhwa their size diference is all over the place, sometimes Maxi is tall enough to rather easily reach Riftan, who is sitting on a horse and sometimes she's half the size of Riffy :p

Shendee90, Amya, UTOTLove and 3 others like this.
  10. Ruth simp

Ruth simp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HahaHAhaha lmao:ROFLMAO: this picture really got me rolling on floor .....why so funny?:ROFLMAO:

11. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the shipping is rather random, I guess those probably are because of some weird TikToks or fanfic, and people started conflating them with the books. Same with the weird comment I saw on Webnovel claiming that Gabel at some point cut Riftan. I was like wtf, when that happened and still didn't get the response. I don't know where people get those wacky ideas from.
    The only thing I can think of that might have given people the idea about Gabel cutting Riftan is, when they first met, Hebby clashes swords with Riffy and Gabel throws a chain at Riftan's hand to prevent him from chopping off Hebby's head, quote "a chain flew in and wounded around his(Rfitan's) arm" - maybe somebody misunderstood it and instead of reading 'wounded around' as wrapped around, they understood it as cut/injured the arm?

12. La_Cecilia

La_Cecilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Max fell sad thinking about all the hardeness Riftan have to go throught because of her/her father, so she asked "if you hadn't married me... did you ever think the you would never been in such troubles? I mean, usually a marriage is to gain power/alliance or health but because of this marriage you have a lifetime enemy (her father).... i f you only had married a more suitable person...." he didn't answered and looked back at her.:unsure:

she is unconfortable and she is like to hurt herself with her worlds.
    So he asked what kind of person is she thinking is the right one for him.

So maxi started listing the features of a suitable marriage partner:
    - someone how could help you militarily ( maybe she is thinking about the damn Agnes)
    - from a family geographically close to anatole due an economic affiliation
    - a taller woman because he is sooo tall
    - with a prettier face
    -proud
    - and without any injuries (maybe she is referring to the stuttering thing or the abortion...? poor Maxi she is hurting herself,
    her own words make her (and me) want to cry)

after a terrible silence descented Riftan gently clasped her cheek as if touching a piece of glass and said the the fact she is a person who can protect others even when she is suffering is the thing he is more enchanted about her. And when Maxi hug someone so tight and the fact she want to protect him make he felt desperately want to be hers.
    " i've been drawn to you for a long time..." he said so MAxi started to realize something about the timeline and asked "a long time ago... when...?" but Riftan grabbed and put her in the "bathtube of love"....:p

He is so lovely dovey and said that it's impossible to find in this world a woman more dignified, powerfull, lovely and beautiful of her. And he added he will tell it over and over again if the doubt will rise again in her. (OMG! This man is officially raises expectations about the male gender in an unrealistic way):rolleyes:

and then you know.... "loooove time"
    I prefer this way of snusnu, am i a vanilla sex fan? idk! :X3:

13. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the "bathtube of love" :X3:

I actually expected the name Agnes to be mentioned, because Maxi described Agnes.

14. La_Cecilia

La_Cecilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks God, she didn't!
    It's so strange that Agnes is missing from the story, not even mentioned in the last chapters... very strange . Maybe the author simply forgot about her.... :sneaky:

15. muramirasol

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg yesss. Low key I hope it’s something that doesn’t continue throughout the series because there are times when it becomes a bit distracting? Just like get a size chart please, it’s going to make all the difference. I’m trying to think of a comic or show that has this problem, because I know I’ve seen this problem before…

Edit: OOP Okay so for any of you who have read Berserk, you know that this happens, and for any of you who have watched Steven Universe, you know that show has this problem as well going constantly off model to the point where it’s distracting. And both have the problem of doing it until the characters look cutesy which I hope doesn’t happen with the art here and it remains consistent

EnterYourNickname likes this.
  16. EnterYourNickname

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right, I watched recently some video essay about Steven Universe (I watched only season 1 and a bit of the 2nd-got bored XD) and they talked about how the show creators didn't have consistend character models :blobconfused:

17. muramirasol

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeahhh, cause I was so confused. I was reading the first few pages of the forum that was left off on and then I was like- hold up is Rosetta in the next few chapters??? And then I stopped to read (which I was in fact screeching and crying at but besides the point) and then I was even more confused. Like- nice to see people getting so invested in the series they’re just manifesting fanfics into canon but I was just lost
    (Speaking of which, there are a lot of new people here right? I saw a couple new profiles)

Oh yeah, the plot is there until it just dies and goes off the rails around season 3 and 4. But there’s like an actual reason for that. There are no writers/artists that specialize in that working on the show. The show’s creator, who writes the show pretty sporadically, is also the main artist and screen writer and the screen writes for that show that they send to the animators look straight off of Microsoft paint or a used cintiq. It’s BAD lol

QJgunth and EnterYourNickname like this.
  18. ChezcaAnne

ChezcaAnne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I swear Riftan just raises my standards, well TBH all fictional men are the reason to blame why I'll never have a love life

19. mariafigueroa

mariafigueroa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Riftan was going to tell maxi that hes known her since they were children but how cute are they !!

20. asagisora

asagisora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "The fact that you're the kind of person who can fight to protect someone else even when you've been hurt so much... Do you know how much you charm me?”

“Forget all the words that man put in your head. You are the bravest, most beautiful and noblest person in the world. Do you believe what I say?”

“Yeah, that makes me crazy about it, but... Still, I think I've been drawn to you for a long time. When you hug someone tight... From the moment I knew you wanted to protect me, I desperately wanted to be your man.”

“Tonight, we will have to dig out the tomb of the queen of the ancient barbarians to find a woman more powerful and more dignified than my wife. But I have no interest in bones.”

“Ask me whenever you have doubts about that. What kind of person you are, I will tell you over and over again.”

OMG I cried while reading this. I need someone like that in my life:X3::cry::love:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022