Resolved Help me lie

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blossom_Honey, Apr 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a convincing story to tell my mother for why I would be crying to a university staff about a misunderstanding. No I am not open to the option of telling the truth. Please give the most believable and emotional lie you could come up with - just nothing to do with harassment or having a lover. Falling out with a friend/getting upset by a Professor are a preferable route, although very open to any options that are better/more convincing.

2. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This may not be the kind of story you need but it might give you an idea

True story that happened to me. When I was in college I had an end of semester lab due for chemistry and just as I finished and went to save it my computer crashed, my saved backup was corrupted and the website to get the outline was down. The teacher had pity on me and gave me a D instead of an F. I cried like crazy thinking I was going to fail because it was half of my grade.

Blossom_Honey likes this.
  3. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say half-truth if I were you if you don’t want to say the whole truth. Like instead of saying that Bobby made you upset by stealing your candy say that some people don’t respect private property rights or something. If you outright lie you’ll find yourself in a bind sooner or later… especially if you don’t know how to lie by the time you turn ten….

4. SymbolOfGreed

SymbolOfGreed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mixing in a bit of the truth with lies usually may get you the best result, although I can't really condone lying in the first place. I would just say something along the lines of the university staff reminding you of an old friend that made you emotional because you guys had a massive falling out and haven't been in-contact ever since. It's been years and you still haven't been able to reach out.

imK, Blossom_Honey and Baldingere like this.
  5. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
    After finishing classes I had a very strong need to defecate but the closest toilets were occupied so I quickly went to the ones close to teachers lounge. When doing my business I heard some strange noises from stall close to mine. My curiosity took better of me and I looked whats going on there and I saw teacher jacking off. I panicked pulled up my pants and run away...

yun yun yun and Iruma666 like this.
  6. yun yun yun

yun yun yun (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 3 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    So you misunderstood the staff or did they misunderstood you so nao you apologize while crying ?
    Mixing in some truths or rewording your story could indeed make your 'lie' more believable (white lie), also as long as it doesn't hurt your conscience and your mom...
    Or you could also say sand went in your eyes and they thought you were crying so you tried to tell them it's not the case and tried to rub your eyes but the sand went deeper nao you're crying for real cos it made you more uncomfortable but you can't remove the dust and the staff panics more (maybe attempted to help you remove the dust particle)~

:LOL:

7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    True story. I had two colleagues - boy and girl, they were foreign students and lovers. A year later, the boy got cancer and both of them stopped their studies and went back home. It was an awful and sad thing to happen to two young people.

Anyway, if you need a lie, maybe say you forgot/missed an assignment and were scared you won't get enough points for the class or something applicable like that.