Spoiler There Were Times When I Wished You Were Dead

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Oct 6, 2020.

1. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh?! You like these types of torturing novels??

2. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Torturing??? They are the best, as they say, strong relationships are based on hard difficulties, the more you deal the stronger your love will be and they are also very realistic too

3. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I don't agree with you,these novels are according to your tastes and not mine.But these novels made my mood heavy and I like lighthearted novels.That is why I was shocked to see your top novel list. Please don't mind me if I was rude.

akera93, princessbelle and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  4. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problemo

5. princessbelle

princessbelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay if you read lucia then you are wrong about many things first Sofia is pitiful but she is a total fool everyone knew that hugo is only a rake with temporary relationships ( which is shitty way to live but according to the novel the taran mad blood is to blame) he promised her no love no marriage he never stayed the night he won't gift her anything unless she asked for and he won't bother give it personally to see her happy expression but he just sends it with servants as a thanks for her services he couldn't have made it more clear that he wants nothing more with her she is so foolish to think there could be more because her know beauty that's not how it works she was the one who agreed to such a relationship from the start and the so called death threat was meant for her to give up and thanks to that she married a man who cherishes her Lucia wasn't as foolish she knew what could she ask for and what not she only wanted his protection not his heart and even when she has fallen in love with him she choose to be smart and hided it well never demanding his love back if Sofia was in Lucia foot she wouldn't have treated Damien so well if you ask me who I know it was obvious from her attitude at the tea party Lucia had a sad childhood so she could feel Damien about anita she was just keeping an eye on her? Did you read the same novel as me ? She thought Lucia has sneaked from the palace to meet a lover she wanted to find him and use him to ruin her marriage and reputation and her intentions was so clear Hugo destroying her buisness didn't make her evil she was evil from the start and yes the ML in this novel don't deserve to be forgiven not in the slightest

And regarding death is the only ending for the Villainess despite the fact that that world was a game when she was labeled as the villainess for nothing and that the rown prince almost choked her to death in their first meeting for nothing it was the only time he wronged her and he risked his life to protect her countless times afterwards and he was the only one who never doubted her or betrayed her from the stupid male leads in the crazy game

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  6. Manhwa_is_life

Manhwa_is_life Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so i read the side stories and according to them ML and FL have a daughter together. She looks just lookes like the ML but her personality is like FL.

LaRue, Sorabito and chileylimon like this.
  7. Cloudland19

Cloudland19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if this is answered already but...

In which chapter the ML came to know the whole thing going on with the FL and realise his stupidity?

8. Breathing_is_fun

Breathing_is_fun New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Manhwa_is_life

Reading List:
    Link
    In the side stories it is confirmed that keana and Clyde marry each other

LaRue likes this.
  10. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please read the Lucia again. And regarding about Anita, she's delusional from the start. That woman is creepy and stalking Lucia. Gurl, stalking is already a red flag and while she's stalking Lucia, she's planning to get rid of her.

And about Sofia, she tried to humiliate Lucia and lied to her that Hugo still has a thing for her which is not true. Sofia is already married btw when she tried to humiliate Lucia because Sofia is jealous of her. I mean if you are already married then shut up and move on. I'm not trying to defend hugo's side of being an asshole but Hugo already warned those women who he slept with that he just want seggs not Love. The reason why he had a long connection with Anita because He thought anita was cool and she's not like sofia. But boi he was wrong.

And i remember that Hugo said to Lucia once they got married he won't divorce her. Even in the 1st TL, he didn't cheat on his 1st tl wife. Hugo was loyal. It's impossible for Hugo not to fall in love with Lucia. And Hugo has the right to protect her. Hugo is known to be brutal so it's not a surprise he did that to Anita. I think the moment he made Jerome send the yellow rose to Anita, that's the end of their connection to each other. He bankrupt Anita because he knew Anita can harm his wife.

And hugo knew that Anita was 'spying' his wife that's why he cut her off. If he didn't do that to Anita ,then she will use her power to harm Lucia.

When Hugo knew what Sofia did to Lucia, he didn't do anything to her tho he did something to make sofia stay away from his wife.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    princessbelle and syofiaa like this.
  11. Deleted member 445404

Deleted member 445404 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Passerby to check some spoiler..

12. Trulycloudy

Trulycloudy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After all the shit he put FL through he decides to kill himself?? it's pathetic how he acts. How is dying gonna make up to whatever he did to her. Urgh.

Ice_Rose and Cyzzane like this.
  13. sssssleigh

sssssleigh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though I don't necessarily agree with the statement about LUCIA, I do agree about what your point is.

People are too fast to judge the ML when they don't even know his perspective of things. We are reading on the FL's point on view, so it is understandable that we feel compation towards her. BUT we really shouldn't get that in the way of understanding the ML also.

I'll be bullet my points so it could be easier to understand.
    • Was his action towards FL bad? Yes. But is wasn't intentional and he was doing it because he felt like his life and people is being threatened. Remember, he is an Emperor and he carries the lives of his people. That's why he is paranoid of traitors and hate the Duke. If you guys are in the position of the ML, you guys would do the same too.
    • Why was the ML an asshole to the FL? FL is the daughter of the Duke, who is known to be corrupt and greedy. He got paranoid thinking she was a spy. And if people saw that he favours her as his Empress, it would also give more power to the Duke since it'd look like the Emperor (ML) is lenient of him. Meaning, he could continue his evil acts without being scared of being reprimanded.
    Also, OP was right. While we, readers think ML is the FL's villain in the story, it is the opposite on the ML's perspective. For him, FL is the Villain. And it's absurd to just say "The ML should know, he's stupid". Because that mindset in itself if stupid. That's the premise of the story. How he learns that FL is indeed innocent and he regrets it.

"Regretted his decision", of course he does. Because he is mistaken. He mistakenly accused the FL of being a spy, and even abused her. So he'll be an asshole if he doesn't repent? Or is that how you guys are going to push your narratives even further. To prove he's really an asshole when he only thought of the greater good of his people. Also, her being his first love would only further be an evidence that she is innocent. Since it would back up the reason of her actions and why she's also just a victim in all of these. Because they met at a child and he saw her even before she was taken in by her evil father.

On another note, these whole discussion really makes me wonder. If characters like those from the "The Villainess Turns the Hourglass" — FL and evil stepsister did the same, what would be the majority's reaction? Like what if Aria is mistaken despite all her revenge towards her sister? That her step sister was always nice and was also just her victim? Would you guys call Aria an asshole like what you guys keep calling ML? I think no. Because you guys saw her point of view, so you'd sympathise her regret.

Like I just hope you guys would think for the both's perspective. What you guys see is not what it always seem. And I think these tropes in books and manhwas are the best since it gives people a lesson to not be judgemental.

EDIT: By saying all these doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for the FL. She got abused and was tormented by her husband because of a misunderstanding. So I do think deserves to be happy. My whole point here is to say that calling ML a jerk and ignoring his reasoning is just plain stupid.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    LaRue, Sorabito and Eloisane like this.
  14. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually understand your point of view. And pyu are right we never get to see the ML view on the story. But the reason most of us are calling him a jerk is that even after knowing the truth he STILL doesn't want to lot go of the FL. He stood so low and threatened to kill himself. So ig that's why we are all calling him everything under the sun.

princessbelle likes this.
  15. Manhwa_is_life

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question. Why was the ML so obsessed with her even before he knew her identity?

16. princessbelle

princessbelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In aria's case she can never be mistaken because of the things Mielle said to her before she was executed and regarding
    ML in this novel do you still remmber what has he done to FL in jail? How he crushed her spirit and broke her heart? She didn't choose her neither did she choose to marry him yes I understand why he could be cold to her think of her as a spy be wary of her but the mental abuse he did to her making her absolutely miserable everyday humiliating her at every given opportunity is just unacceptable he vented his anger on her because he wasn't strong enough to do it on someone else he judged her only because she is someone's daughter he never tried to know the truth how can he not investigate on his own wife his own empress? before you say it's stupid to assume that he should know will as a husband and a king it was his duty to know !!! he was consumed by hatred and made her pay the price !! the worst part is that most nobles back then had no real affection for their children and only used them as a tool for power how come that possibility never crossed his mind ? How did he expect
    such a trash merciless man to be a good father when he is not even a good human being?! If he ever cared he wouldn't have thrown his child in a marriage when she would never be loved or appreciated, she never tried to trouble him or rise in power she even drank poison for him how blind can a person be?

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  17. Cyzzane

Cyzzane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @princessbelle - I completely agree. He’s basically a bully and while I know she’s going to forgive him and they will get a HEA, part of me can’t help but wish she would leave him in the end.

She’s struggling with a ton and I’m surprised that at the very least you don’t have someone that you suspect is a puppet checked for magic of some sort. It’s just a lot.

18. sssssleigh

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously, I know Aria was doing the right thing. I just asked "what if Mielle was innocent all along and misunderstood" since all she saw was her own P.O.V. and not Mielle's. Kinda like how the FL in Your Throne thought the blond girl was bad person when all along, she was also a victim. Just like them, who thought the other was an enemy, so does the ML in this story. As a result, they did everything that they could to drive them away and abuse them. Just like how Aria did to Mielle, ML also did all those things thinking FL is an enemy. Even if you say "he should've known it!" – ML can't read minds. He wouldn't know unless the right people tell him, and he's given a concrete proof. Because technically, it's not just his life that is at stake, but the whole empire also. So while I know it is unfair for FL to experience all of those just because of a misunderstanding (heck, I also agree and feel like the author should've not written how ML threatened to kill himself just so FL could come back to him), it is really unfair to shun him like that. In the end, they were just wrapped in a whole mess of a misunderstanding. And so again, calling him a jerk despite knowing all of these is plain stupid.

EDIT: "the worst part is that most nobles back then had no real affection for their children and only used them as a tool for power how come that possibility never crossed his mind ? How did he expect
    such a trash merciless man to be a good father when he is not even a good human being?! If he ever cared he wouldn't have thrown his child in a marriage when she would never be loved or appreciated, she never tried to trouble him or rise in power she even drank poison for him how blind can a person be?" — if I remember correctly, FL was introduced as someone who was greatly favoured by her father. Hence, ML thought she really was, and the reason she agreed was so she could help his father and be a spy inside the castle. That's why he was always doublethinking. Because at one hand, FL could be a spy and was doing everything so he could favour her. And then the other, she could be innocent and was indeed genuine. And obviously, he chose the first one one since he has always hated FL's father and all the "nice treatment" the father does to FL backs it all up. So in short, for him, FL being kind doesn't make sense since her father is his enemy.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  19. snooppyed

snooppyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    am i on the right forum? why there’s a lot mentions about other novel Lol:blobdizzy::blobdizzy::notlikeblob:

20. sssssleigh

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, it's just for analogy. I wanted to compare two (or three novels) since there are many inconsistency on reader's feelings and emotions towards the ML comparing to other main characters. Because we've encountered many Villainess stories for the past years, and I'd thought they'd be more understanding. That they'd learn something. But no. Like I'm in no way tolerating his wrong doings, but shunning on his reasonable actions is wrong. Atleast curse on him without mentioning things like "he should've known", because that's literally what happened with Your Throne's FL. She cursed (and if I remember correctly, also harassed) the blond girl without knowing the latter was innocent. But did readers shit on her? I think not. Because they saw her (Your Throne FL) P.O.V. So with those in mind, I hope people would realize there are many P.O.V in a situation and what we see isn't what it always seems.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    your crush and 81ganzy like this.