Anyone know how to create coin system in their own website?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by hoenimochi, Apr 6, 2022.

1. hoenimochi

hoenimochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am very interested in implementing the coin system as there are more and more websites implementing it.

I want to know the pros and cons for people who have implemented it and ultimately if there is there any guide so I can somehow do it with WordPress?

predictingthings likes this.
  2. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You would either need to hire or partner with a developer who can develop that feature for you. In WordPress it's easier to create paywall with subscription system since the plugins already there.

predictingthings likes this.
  3. hoenimochi

Reading List:
    Link
    So it is possible doing it with WordPress but I just need a developer to do it, then?

thanks!
    Was wondering because so many sites started to use it, some manual or guide to do it ourselves is available here..

little king and predictingthings like this.
  4. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure those websites that having coin system don't use WordPress so there won't be any straightforward way to get it done without having someone with the expertise to do it for you. Well, I'm not a WordPress dev so I can't really say for sure. If someone else knows there somehow a plugin in WordPress for that you can just use that.

5. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate The Waffle King

Reading List:
    Link
    But what are you using the coins for?

6. hoenimochi

Reading List:
    Link
    To get more money ofc since AdSense is giving little to none and it is harder to keep up with various website maintenance expenditure

7. yamibae

yamibae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose you could implement this functionality with plugins, you'll need something like Memberpress and MyCred to make it work and fiddle around, guides won't help you much as every setup will be different but there should be a couple floating around. You'll probably need a developer or friend with some Wordpress knowledge to set it up properly unless you want to put in the grunt work.

Personally, if it's not a big site I would just use ko-fi gold or patreon etc and put paid posts behind that if adsense is not enough to cover costs. Alternatively, you can try to use other ad provider networks - https://incomelabz.com/ezoic-alternatives/ like ezoic (but I got one of my sites rejected by them recently so just try them all I suppose?)

8. hoenimochi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I see, I'm going to check the plugins you mentioned :)
    Thank you very much for your help!!