Question what weapon would you use?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by OP senior brother, Apr 9, 2022.

?

what weapon would you use?

1. sword

2. sabre

3. flute

4. wok

5. horsetail whisk

6. zither

7. axe

8. other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Efu-sama

Efu-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best weapon...
    Is MONEY.
    Bury your enemy with gold coins~

2. Kazza

Kazza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely the Wok. People should never mess with the chef.

Also, I can just imagine summoning Gordon Ramsay and Uncle Roger when using the Wok incorrectly. One scares and verbally smacks down on my opponents and the other gives funny commentary while we eat popcorn watching it happen.

OP senior brother likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    A dirty needle. :blobfearful:

4. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes sense, until the hired help betrays you. Best to use them AND make sure you know how to defend yourself.

Mr v likes this.
  5. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A nuke. I've never understood why swords are so strong in cultivation novels, yet withstanding a nuke is a semi-common comparison for how strong cultivators are. Obviously nukes > swords.

6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    i've always been partial to glaives and related polearms. the reach of a spear with the cutting/stabbing/slicing and chopping of swords (sometimes with a small hammerhead on top depending on the weapon)

Nistel likes this.
  7. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Talking skills of a shonen protagonist

8. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh no idea, totally depends on the circumstances I find myself in.
    There isn't even a guarantee that it is a medieval/ancient setting world, I'm not so sure I would go with a sword or a bow if everyone is brandishing machine guns or something.

9. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    scythes r underrated (especially in xianxia novels, they're kinda unheard of unfortunately)

[​IMG]

OP senior brother likes this.
  10. YueLiin

YueLiin Kore

Reading List:
    Link
    A pen
    1) Its sharp
    2) I can write with it
    3) it's small
    4) easy to carry
    5) I cant do crap with anything else and a pen is most familiar to me jsjs

Nistel and Asuralevel like this.
  11. orpheus_rm

orpheus_rm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how many "other" votes are here. My weapon of choice would definitely be giant cat paws.

Nistel likes this.
  12. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    None.

I'd go join a convent and become a priestess. No way I'm going out in adventures and risk my life. I'd rather spend my life in a place where I can safely get food each day.

Also important that I wouldn't need a particular set of skills to become a priestess. I'm sure I'd be allowed to learn it after joining, which means I wouldn't have to worry about being incapable of doing most jobs that would be available to me in a medi-fantasy setting.

Nistel likes this.
  14. Asuralevel

Asuralevel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A chain. I can attach anything I want to the extremities.
    Dollar in super gene fought like that

15. Nistel

Nistel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Choose the SPEAR as well. You got range. The cost should be rather low. And in general it's perceived as the easiest to train in weapon. (though mastering it is another story. But that would be the same for every other weapon as well.)

Though if the summoning includes a high-tier/legendary weapon then i might choose a KATANA instead. I got zero blade skills and would likely hurt myself and lose at least 2 fingers during training. But coolness factor? over 9000. And while a spear should be rather easy to recreate, good luck finding a katana in the nearest smithy.

If it's an apocalypse and i don't have to fight martial experts but monsters (and i got the strength for it), a METAL CHAIN WHIP would be badass af too.. Idk why it's gotta be an apocalypse to use such whip and it sounds super inconvenient to use. But if there's a deity that wants to give me some metal whip with autoaim, that cannot do friendly fire.. or if such thing drops as loot.. It's mine haha

Why isn't it listed? lmao 40% of the novels I read have a MC that uses a spear at least as a sub weapon.

What if being priest means you can't date? ever. And you only get to eat damn gruel. And you only get to read whatever holy book? Sharing the room with 7 others? .. Aye~ the list is endless. It's all based on worst case scenario, but before you say "none", imagine you might lose the chance to at least protect yourself wherever you might end up after the summoning :blobscream:

16. foxrain4

foxrain4 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Axe could be useful to cut wood to make firewood and houses, but I am gonna go with sword so I could look cool.

17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That would kinda suck, but I'd be able to accept it. I'd probably be happy while helping out children in the local orphanage or something.
    If the food in the convent is bad, I assume it would also be bad on every village I'd end up on, so it's not like I'd have a choice there.
    I'll probably be able to deal with that. I can find ways to entertain myself without much... Like creating stories on my head and stuff.

I also don't think I'd dislike preaching about a subject if I agreed with it, so like... The only real trouble would be if I didn't agree with the morals preached by the convent I'd be at.
    Well, if I just chose a whatever profession at a given village, I'd probably need to share a room with my siblings for a long time until I got married off anyways, so I don't think that would be much different.
    I wouldn't be able to protect myself regardless. If someone approached me with actual hostile intent, I'd probably just freeze up on the spot.

... Maybe I'd be able to beg for mercy or try running. Hard to be sure on that one.

Fight though? Yeah, no way I'd be able to do that. I wouldn't even consider it.

18. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Quirriff

Quirriff Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spear, there was a good reason it persisted since pre-historic times till even after the invention of gunpowder.

20. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Going by fiction logic though you have something like 50% chance of the convent being one that sacrifices you to an evil god.

AliceShiki likes this.