Spoiler The Crownless Queen [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Samona, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Samona

Samona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Alternative Title: 왕관 없는 여왕, A Queen without Her Crown, 王冠のない女王
    Raws: Kakao
    Official Translation: Tapas
    Author: Kim Ramu
    Year of Release: 2022​

Summary:
    60-year old historian, Jung Gwinam. On the day of her retirement ceremony, she got into an accident while attempting to save her daughter, just to later wake up as the main character of a fantasy novel written by her daughter?! Of all things, she had to be reborn as an orphan peasant. But who cares? This is the start of Jung Gwinam's second life.

Notes:
    • MC was a retired history professor. She reincarnated as the female lead her daughter had written.

• While writing the novel the daughter made a mistake mixing up the social rankings. She mistook the position of a baron higher than a Duke. I'm excited to see how the ranks will affect the storyline.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the ml be baron this time?

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  4. amin882

amin882 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm probably not gonna read this because I have a weak heart. The daughter and mother didn't have a good relationship. Mom ended up dying to save the daughter after a fight. From the summary the mom seems excited at a second chance at life, but the daughter is depressed and forgotten in the OG world. Also I'm not a big fan of older leads in younger bodies.

5. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Eleniaaa

Eleniaaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they had a bad relationship
    she can communicate with her daughter on full moon day or something

7. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the story so far Gwinam seems like pretty observant and as someone studying history, she is really on the ball on figuring the political dynamics, year and currency in the country she's in.

Her interaction with the stranger is mwah! Especially because she never read her daughter's novel.
    It might be an exposition dump but I really liked in the way it was done in furthering her understanding and showing her Gwinam in her element.

Speaking of which:

Language: not too different from Korean just by speaking to people. The area she was in was not fancy. For the working class. Area inspiration anywhere from Middle to Modern Age Europe and she's guessing its a system of Feudalism considering the whole rank stuff.

Year
    Year is currently 351 in the Imperial (Imperium) calendar.
    Delia is estimated to be 15 born in 336.

Bit on the country and its politics
    The country is Imperium, from Gwinam observations it seems to be in a strong position and currently in a bit of trouble with Gloria, the country above them with an immigration crisis. The stranger seems to quite xenophobic in regards to the Public Works being a bit of a pickle and people losing their jobs. And in that we see Gwinam selecting her information carefully and not taking aboard his personal opinions on the matter due to his biases. The Stranger wants Imperium to close its borders. She notes Imperium also seems to be quite big and that she's currently in the capital. She has to run off after asking where to find a job, suspected of being an illegal immigrant despite her protests.

*sidenote just me: It might be Italian semi inspired. She meets a flowergirl namned Bellucia and considering the Latin used I think that might be something worth noting

Currency
    When she was trying to sell flower she didn't know what a good price for them would be and figured from what the other girls were yelling about 5 Ferrum. Since Fe=Iron. She assumes it might be something like that and since its low value in its reproduction and easily corrodable she figures there are coins like Gold and Silver higher than that.

She also notes her daughter did do her research considering the aspects of Latin used it was just some things she just got mixed up like the Duke and Baron thing.

8. Roseeve

Roseeve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone spoil pls
    This is quite fresh

9. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML??

10. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sub Genre: A Mother or Grandma gets reincarnated in a FanRom World Novel or Game..
    • I Will Quit the Entourage of the Villainess
    • His Majesty's Proposal/One Night With The Emperor
    • Handmade/Handmaid
    • Trapped in My Daughter's Fantasy Romance

How does this FMC compare to the others?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  11. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read all of them but I can tell you that this MC stands out because she has the kind of smarts and attitude that you can only get from years of experience. She uses her knowledge as a historian not just to make some deductions about the world but to interact with everyday people in it as well. she knows how and when to get information and she isn't easily intimidated or daunted because as an older woman she has already been through some shit. idk she actually reads like a grown up and her mind/thoughts don't regress to a teenager's. They don't even have to remind you of her past life every 5 minutes but because it's such a big part of who she is you never find yourself forgetting it.

12. darewin

darewin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    3 chapters and I'm in. This is a refreshing take. The MC was 60 y/o before transmigrating. She knows jack shit about the novel and has nothing but a seemingly worthless necklace as her possession. So she has to rely on her old lady's wisdom and historical knowledge to survive.

13. Selene830

Selene830 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whose the ML ?

14. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The duke obs

15. Rinae

Rinae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh Im having second thoughts, after the latest chapter, I think Marcel is plausible too as the ML. mysterious background and mature character

compared to the duke and the silver fun who are clearly younger and chldish af.

Shes literally a retired old woman, I cant see her with emotionally stunted and childish types of character. If she does, thats gonna ba dissappointing tbh

Marcel is a better fit at least compared to the 2 dimensional cliche duke

just checked tapas looks like there are 5 love interests.

Ill be real, Im placing my hopes on red haired guy and the knight guy. Red haired guy might be the nice countess' relative so he might be better?
    So far duke, silver wolf, and Marcel are pretty eh. Marcel is nice but he's so vain for looks its off-putting. Not much of a connection there since that's not the MC's real face

It would be nice if MC wouldnt have a love interest she's interested in at all, and its actuall one sided from the male leads. I mean shes like 50+? And the male leads are 20? whshshshs

Hope she gets home to her daughter, something sounds wrong tbh

Too bad there arent many chaps, more spoilers would be nice

Inasible likes this.
  16. Chaosnumber8

Chaosnumber8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm torn between the silver wolf and the duke. The thief has charisma and mysterious but the duke also seems to have a hidden story and that red-eyes-black-hair combo. Hmm but I'm more curious about Countess Chelsea's face tho...

Inasible likes this.
  17. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    too bad this is a manhwa original, not novel, so theres not much spoiler.....

DOHere likes this.
  18. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • So it seems the character Delia inhabits was perhaps a witch who cast a curse on the land and a lot of commoners and peasants in Imperium suffered because the neighbouring countries of Pecunia monopolised stuff like candles and blankets. (Pecunia was also a country which values money)
    • Delia is also figuring out the disparities between Duke Verl and Baron Mertuna because when Gwinam/Delia looked at some maps she realised that Duke Verl actually had a lot of power, even though the positions of Duke and Barons had switched. I.E Barons should be the most powerful but in practise, he very much isn't. It's also implied Duke Verl is very much aware of this and parts of the world considering the books in his library are not just beef-related recipes.
    • Imperium also seems to value power. All sorts of it which is something our MC is in no short supply of considering her skill set as she apprises art and strikes a friendship with Countess Chelsia who becomes something of a patron for her and Delia gets art for her (which for some fucking reasons include shit like the Mona Lisa, Nike of Samothrace, King Tut's death mask)

What I really appreciate her is how Delia actually discusses the art and what it means to different people. Like Nike of Samothrace for instance ( an statue in the Louvre and was so important that when the Nazis were coming it was one of the pieces they hid)

The soliders were originally insulted by the lack of head or arms and thought it was cursed. But as they encouraged by Delia to look at the statue and comment on it. They mentioned how the statue's chest is puffed out and moving forward, or an angel from heaven, a general going to war, she's about to fly away, the earth is trying to keep her grounded.

Delia even acknowledges there's no way to know if it a statue of victory or what it meant to people in the past but no one thought the statue was expressing defeat or fear even without her head or arms. And continued to give other interpretations of the statue with what it will mean for the soldiers with disabilities and who may continue forward.

I swear this entire series was just made with expressive love and passion for Arts and Humanities and I adore it.

Additionally, here's the curse she cast which cursed the land without day for over a year.

I engrave a never-ending curse not on the sun nor the moon
    But on the sky so that it will remain even when this night ends
    I grant eternal life to those to those who seek the truth
    And oblivion to those who turned a blind eye

Additionally, Delia gets the rest of that on the pendant just in time for the next moon. She remembers what happened and saw the below statement in Latin, which she is pretty much fluent in, considering how she previously dissected meanings from countries' names and what they valued.

Did you see?
    One who sees the stars
    This is a past that has repeated and a future that will replay once more
    Death here will grant you eternal peace.
    But if you go to the highest place you can go, the fated future will change
    Only history will lead you to the throne
    Return the pendent to where it was.

So yeah. Delia needs to rise to become Queen to avoid the past that has happened before and will happen again from repeating... Hey that's totally not related to a common quote about history repeating.

19. Deleted member 461570

Deleted member 461570 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    man, the Baron Merton is one hell of a citizen, noble, and a father DUDE IS CRAZY

20. Inasible

Inasible Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far, this is an interesting, unique and conscious work. Not only as a fan of Art and History, but as a fan of a more coherent writing practice, I am delighted. Could be a model of a work with meaning beyond simple entertainment, it is more a satisfaction for the soul and an opportunity to expand more significant and perennial knowledge. Highly recommended so far

MightyDragoon453 likes this.