Discussion Parth Rant 2 in 1: Spam/Trolling in Novel subforums and Hate-Boners + Bonus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Parth37955, Oct 5, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, time for another rant, this time it's 2 in 1.

Ok first...I want people to stop trolling in the novel subforums, particularly in "I'm looking for" where it is rampant. Stuff like suggesting Boku no Pico, Invisible Dragon, the freaking Bible, ATG for romance, PMG for likable MC. Just stop it. We've been pretty lenient so far, but I'm starting to very annoyed with it. For every bit of spam I catch, I'm handing out warning point X every transgression. In case you don't know what warning points are, they are points that when you get enough of, you get banned.

I don't want to hear any BS about how it's a joke. I know it's a joke. I don't care. You are willfully breaking the rules of this forum. It is clearly written in the rules that all novel subforums are considered serious and the spam/trolly replies will not be tolerated. Plenty of you have already received warning from me yesterday. Take my warning seriously. I don't care who you are, I will ban you.

If you believe what you wrote isn't spam, I will listen. If you give me a stupidass reason like, "Boku no Pico is good", I will directly ban you for a day for wasting my time. I am not kidding. There are simply too many of you, and I am very busy nowadays.

Now for the other one: hate boners. I'm sick of seeing people hate on entire genres like JP and CN's. It's ridiculous. Are most novels in either genre complete shit? Yes. Are there a few good ones? Definitely. Don't trash the whole genre cause you feel like you need to express your disdain towards the few you have read.

Think about the translators at least. JP tl'ers don't make much for the work they do, and they keep having to put up with assholes that keep ranting that "JP sucks, wimpy/pussy MC, CN/KR is the superior race." They would be better off getting a real job and quitting translating. They don't, so instead of complaining, take into consideration the effort spent to provide other people with something to read. You may not enjoy it, but that doesn't mean other people don't.

And on a side note, I have noticed the trend of people getting tired of both CN's and JP, and heading towards KR. That is because of saturation. The "space" is so filled with the same cliches and tropes, that people are starting to the see the faults in both. I'll make a prediction right now. In a year or so, everyone will be dissing KR, guaranteed. So stop wasting time and energy in complaining and actually try reading something good with an open-mind. If you hate the cliche harem and weak-willed MC in WN's, try reading some LN's (they tend to be much better). Tired of carnage? Try reading something fluffy. There's absolutely no reason hate on an entire genre. It's like if I wronged you, and you suddenly hate all Indians. I don't represent all Indians, and that the few novels you've read don't represent all of them.

This isn't me saying that you can't express your opinion, but instead of saying you hate CN's, say you hate TDG. Specify your hate and disdain.

P.S. If you start talking shit and hating on JP or CN culture (I mean, real shit, not the actual problems in them like past transgressions during WWII), I may just ban you for being a douche)

Bonus
    People who ask for recommendations...we have hundred's of threads asking for recommendations, I think just lurking them would be enough for you because by making a thread, you aren't going to get something different. Instead of being lazy, why not crawl the web a little? If you're bored, that's a great time killer.

Also expect people questioning you about why you aren't reading I Shall Seal the Heavens and just go read it ahead of time.

Also: when you ask for more novels...make sure that your list is public so people can suggest something you haven't read already or something that you would like.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Blitz, Jaded, mir and 62 others like this.
  2. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    D:
    dammit

3. BunnyPillow

BunnyPillow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    \o/
    THE MOD HAS SPOKEN!!!

Notaborax and AMissingLinguist like this.
  4. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    but i think Lin Feng is awesome and i like him !!!

5. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing parth can't give WP on discord..

btw, parth is an indian?

6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    etto @Parth37955 I sometimes recommend A step into the past whenever it fits the criteria. Should I stop recommending now? 'cause I notice some people recommends it whenever someone looks for cute/funny novels

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  7. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a Long Rant...
    But still Boku no Pico is art...

NO! NO! NO!
    I'M JUST KIDDING! DON'T CLICK THAT BAN BUTTON! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!

*cough* ...anyway, I never did recommend Boku no Pico or another troll recommendations... probably. I can't really remember.

8. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    (y) Nice knowing you.

9. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    A step into the past is...pretty tragic from what I heard, no? If people are recommending it for cute/funny novels, they shouldn't.

10. Greedyspree

Reading List:
    Link
    While I agree with the majority of your post...limiting PMG for a likable MC, and ATG for romance suggestions is a bit much...While atg is rather loose on the true romance, it does exist, and for many it is legitimate, same with PMG, many people truly do like Lin Feng...

11. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a saint
    why would I be given WP? o_O

12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    well it's really tragic. But I can still recommend right if it's fit to one that the person is looking for

runsing and Nurman like this.
  13. Little Dragon

Little Dragon I does what I likes and I likes what I do

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of boners... I've said it before and I'll say it now. Parth is hot when angery.

Ye, look into the origins of the name.

asriu and AMissingLinguist like this.
  14. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG isn't that bad. It's got about as much romance as any other harem novel out there. He's pretty romantic for the couple hours after meeting the "insert blank" jade-like 12 year old until the next one comes along.

ZhaWarudo, Astaroth and phk like this.
  15. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, just not for cute and fluffy. That's like hiding a knife behind a puppy. You go for the cuteness and get a stab in the heart instead. :) That would be considered trolling I would think.

16. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    meh, I wasn't really going to bother with those. It was mostly for effect. Just don't be too far off like saying that Yun Che is great dad or something.

17. Greedyspree

Reading List:
    Link
    That ill definitely give you (y)
    Thanks for the clarification.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  18. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    i saw ATG have romance tag .............................................................

19. Greedyspree

Reading List:
    Link
    Early on there is some...but it doesnt last nor does it truly go in depth. It is semi forced after all. The whole novel does a 180 when he gains proper strength.

20. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has harem romance(arguably not real romance), and Yun Che's harem expands pretty much every 50 chapters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.