Discussion How do you convince yourself your content with your sex life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Mar 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I appreciate your kind words. I will take them to heart. My future may look bleak, but as long as there’s a breath in me. I also have a chance for a better tomorrow. I will not give up. Thank you

2. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't, so I left. Really good person, relationship was decent. Had several conversations with them about it and they weren't willing to try anything at all. Even did the couples' counselling route. In the end I decided I didn't love them enough to spend the rest of my life in a monogamous relationship with very little sex and broke up with them.

It basically boils down to whether or not you're willing to find other ways to cope with the lack of sex in order to build a future with this person. If they're worth it, you're going to have to find somewhere else to redirect that pent-up energy, so frustration doesn't jeopardize the relationship.

3. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. It really helps knowing I’m not alone. As to my next steps. I’ll keep your advice in mind when deciding what to do. Thanks again

4. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome. It's a tough spot to be in and in the end only you're going to be able to figure out what works for you. I sincerely hope that whatever happens, you're okay.

5. Deleted member 445404

Deleted member 445404 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It basically boils down to whether or not you're willing to find other ways to cope with the lack of sex in order to build a future with this person. If they're worth it, you're going to have to find somewhere else to redirect that pent-up energy, so frustration doesn't jeopardize the relationship.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, guess focusing your "extra energy" into something can help.
    And your right, the frustration of being unsatisfied is worst feelin..ughhh

Lurking, Cutter Masterson and imK like this.
  6. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve been going to gym a lot to bleed out the mad in me. I tell people it’s because I have a lot of built up energy and not what type of energy. I’m starting to look better. Feel better, but I’m still trying to find contentment. The struggle continues. Lol

7. Deleted member 445404

Reading List:
    Link
    ( still can't figure our how to use this quote button)
    Fighting! Dont lose hope, we can make it!
    Honestly need more divertion for that kind of feelin, Hmmm I'm coping up by reading, watching some movies or goin out.

Lurking, imK and Cutter Masterson like this.
  8. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it took me awhile to figure out the quote button. I’m still trying to figure out things on this site and I’ve been here for years. So don’t worry about it to much. As to dealing with my situation. I usually hit the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I would go hiking on my off days. For those moments in between I read. I don’t watch movies as much anymore. I tend watch YouTube videos. Mostly about relationships and am I the a**hole

imK and Deleted member 445404 like this.
  9. Deleted member 445404

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, don't blame yourself. Your not an a**hole.
    As far as I know theres nothing wrong for what you feel, theres just some people that have a really active or high sex drive. And your a guy so its perfectly normal to feel it, even me as a woman I do feel that I have an active libido inside me, I even plan to go and satisfy my urge buy doing what I suggest to you before.
    But then, I will still think of what will be the consequences of my actions so I'll just stop.
    I can feel you. When you said that you already talked to your partner regarding on this and nothing seems happen or didnt solve it in any way.
    Just take your time try, your doin good now.

Lurking, Cutter Masterson and imK like this.
  10. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... I'm married, but I still rely on my fictional fantasies, stories, and 2D characters a lot.

I think ^that's the short answer of what makes me "content".

Depending on your situation, often times it's not reasonable to expect that your partner will be able to match you in every area. Asking your partner to go beyond their comfort zone can add strain to the relationship, and ultimately IMO it's not a realistic expectation. A sexual relationship is only healthy if both of you enjoy the things that you together, and it can quickly turn unenjoyable if one party is outside of their comfort zone.

For me, my partner is a lot more traditional/vanilla than I am.

Also I'm bisexual and I often get in the mood for things that I don't have.

Personally, I've been totally content with the fiction that I write and consume. I've sort of come to realize that there are many things that I like, and it's not fair (or healthy) to expect your SO to fill every single one of your desires/interests. The mentality that I have is that I lean on my partner for half my desires, and I feel incredibly grateful, fortunate, and fulfilled for the intimate time that we have together. It's just that my brain seems to be 200% more greedy than other people and it wants other additional things, but for this I just turn back to my longtime reliance on fiction for 2D waifus/husbandos.

Personally, I'm satisfied with this because obviously my spouse can't satisfy my cravings for both genders. Haru is Haru, and Haru can't magically change into someone else.

Neither Haru or I are interested in a polyamorous relationship (or threesome whatever), and for me, I'm happy to turn to fiction for things that I don't have. At least, that's what makes me "content".

11. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    so my friend recommended a sex swing for more positions

on mobile, i select text and then theres a button option allowing me to quote
    ah yes, all the things.

12. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Your amazing @Lurking so many good ideas. Thanks. As to devices. Alas she’s a little over weight for her height by a factor of 3. So I don’t think a swing will work, but I’ll look into it

13. Deleted member 445404

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm.. learn something new. *run and check the website*;)

Lurking and Cutter Masterson like this.