Discussion when you in the same group with lazy people

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by heincaleo, Apr 15, 2022.

1. heincaleo

heincaleo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi just want to say my teacher decided to split us into groups and i unfortunately hop up on bunch of lazy people, there's 6 students on this group including me. The teacher gave us assignment with due date on 13 April. Me and my group didn't make it so yes we passed the deadline time, fortunately the teacher gave us a second chance to finish it before Friday and of course my group didn't do the assignment again. We only have 2 students (me and my other friend) who talks a lot in group chat and sadly there's no reply of them, I hope and waited for 4 other ppl to fill or answer they part and wait for 7 hours there's still none of them reply and only one person who reply it (my other friend i mentioned earlier) even though she already answered her part but it's still not enough. So i do it all the assignment and fixed the Topic that my other friend picked up and send it to my teacher email.. after all of this i still wrote all of their name on the assignment paper ... I feel bad if i told the teacher about this

Grandpa_World and seemanta like this.
  2. Wonbywon

Wonbywon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't do that to yourself... Dude you will suffer from that.. better talk to ur teacher or chairman to change ur group

seemanta and simak like this.
  3. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, don't incentivize this behavior.

seemanta likes this.
  4. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    So I assume you have more assignments together?
    I would probably call them out on their shit. And depending on the answers I would go to the teacher.

Ps: Talk to them first. And make sure they know you are pissed.
    "Look here you dipshit you better cough something up next time because I am not doing your work for you."

your crush, Baldingere and seemanta like this.
  5. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    Complain to the teachers! Your other temmates doesn't deserve the credits. They didn't even come up with some excuses and straight up ignored you! Even I feel angry! How can you be so forgiving?!

6. poploc

poploc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trust me as someone who hates confronting people and got stuck with people who didnt work on an assignment before , I can totally understand how you feel. I wouldnt bore you with my personal experience but instead telling you what I have learnt :

1) For the sake of being respectful , try to communicate with them first( in person if possible) to see what they say ( the reason for this is because when you voice your issue to the teacher . One thing that always gets mentioned is "did you try to communicate with them to see if they had a valid reason?" (like they switched phones or had an internet connection problem))

2) Determine what type of teacher you have( because some are willing to kick the students who are lazy out of your group while others...... will let you suffer ( For example , my friend had a group assignment and was not allowed to present....even being allocated a zero because her group members decided they were going to be a holes and ditch class after hearing the teacher give them an in class assignment. Mind you, this was a group she was stuck with for the ENTIRE SEMSTER ). *cough* group assignments always get me really passionate because there are quiet a few people unwilling to pull their own weight *cough*

Anyways, if you know your teacher is an understanding person then you can try to talk it out. If you are aware they aren't then I suggest trying emailing her ( so that you have information to back you up with the time comes).

However , there is still one thing I haven't addressed yet . The feeling of guilty if you told the teacher. The best way you can try to overcome it is to think of the struggle you went through spending more time than you needed on that assignment ( and that if you dont stand your ground that people will take advantage of you AGAIN .) If that does'nt help then you can try talking to your friend who contributed and see what they thinks about the entire situation. Hopefully this helps.

your crush, heincaleo and Baldingere like this.
  7. heincaleo

heincaleo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the advice guys... I tried to contact them one by one. me and teammates is doing good now unless one person, so we decided to erased the person who not participate.

poploc and Grandpa_World like this.
  8. poploc

poploc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to hear it worked out

9. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck those guys. If they didnt contribute then fuck em.

I did this once in high school.

There was a group project. I got put with some dudes that sucked. They wanted the google slides link for the presentation and I told them no. They then told me that they would tell the teacher that I wasnt giving them credit so in turn I told em to go ahead.

Teacher talked to me about it and I told em "Have them make their own slides. If they worked on it then they would already know what to put on the slides."

Never let up. Never let those that leech win.