Forgotten Title Searching for this novel, for 2+ years help me please

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by VegetaNUMBAone, Apr 18, 2022.

1. VegetaNUMBAone

VegetaNUMBAone Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do I start? I was so desperate that I finally decided to make an account on a novel reading site (my first ever) just to find this novel. I've been trying to search it out from time to time for many years but I just can't find it. It's just impossible. OK let's start with the plot and what I remember from it.

The MC (name idk) gets stronger in a way I can't really remember correctly. I remember something about "chains" and that they are a power level. I think before chains there are regular power level like in all novel. Body strengthtening, core formation, nascent soul etc.. at least for everyone else in the world. I'm not 100% sure tho or if it applies to the MC as well. Anyways I just know that the chains are a kind of enstage power level in the first world/plane the MC is in. Not in the second world/plain tho! There it changes. I think he ends up combing in 100 chains into another power and from there on the other power level starts.

So for example if you have 9 or 10 chains you're one of the most powerful cultivators in the world. Here starts the first piece of information I remember 100% besides the chains. There's a young man who shows up, he's from a secluded clan or has a hidden master and he's got a many chains. Let's say like 30+ and he goes out and fights some powerful people from the world and dominates them. MC shows up and they get into a fight. MC at that point has like 50-60 chains and beats him. MC can somehow "steal" others chains. And not just chains but he gets stronger from beating other people/creatures as well. At some point in the novel he tricks a very strong creature/monster to enter his cauldron. It does so and ends up dying there which gives him a kinda big power boost as well as 2 or 3 items from that creature/monster.

2nd thing I remember is when he enters the next world/plane aka when he ascends. I think he is captured straight at arrivel by the ruling race of creatures/monsters (they are described as ugly in the novel) together with other people that ascended from other worlds to this one. One guy who is one of the strongest in his home world confronts the ugly creatures and gets killed. The group realizes that their strength is suppressed in this world for some reason but they get saved in the end by other people who live in that world.

They then explain them that most people who ascend die or are used as slaves and that only a few get saved. All the different worlds have small groups of people who survive in this higher world. They train there and get stronger but they can't go against the ruling race there too much because the ruling race is protected by the heavens of this world. There are some people from the different worlds tho which do work with the ruling race. Not as slaves. It's usually some stronger people that get a better life like that.

So the 3rd and biggest hint I remember tho is this: There is a kind of ranking list which is updated by the heavens itself somehow. On it are recorded the people who killed the most of the ruling race. They are ranked by the amount of beings killed. The strength of the ruling race member killed matters as well. The stronger they were the more "points" the person who kills them gets. The more points you have the more will the ruling race try to hunt you down and when they see you they know how many of them you have killed. I think that they can also sense you stronger the more of them you have killed. People living there can also buy this list somewhere I think, or they just get it somehow. Evereybody has it. When the MC gets it he is surprised at how low his ranking is even tho he killed many beings. The ones he killed tho are all lower ranked ones so he got little points for them.

I think that this novel has some kind of system or level up system in it but I'm not sure. I also think that at the beginning of the novel he let himself get hit to get stronger. I believe his defence or body got stronger by a ton just from getting hit for a couple times by a guy that gradually increased his strength with every attack. It was basically power leveling his defensive abilities and that was at the start of the novel. He's been power leveling through the whole novel since then. Reaching top of the first World/plane pretty quickly in the novel. Couple hundred chapters maybe. Alright. This took me like an hour to write. I pray to the heavens that somebody can help me find this gooood daaaaamn novel after such a long time.

2. Kthp

Kthp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Were there any relationships? Or just leveling? It sounds familiar, I'll keep an eye out.

(Some advice based on my past experience - I'd change the title to something more specific about the plot bc people are more likely to read it. Like, "Transmigrator MC, power levels by collecting "chains")

3. Crepescule

Crepescule Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am 99% certain that I have read this novel before. It might be Immortal Mortal. The Novel Updates summary reveals nothing, so you should look at some of the chapters. I don't remember much about the plot (I read it years ago), but here are some things that I can recall:
    • Mo Wuji (the protagonist) cultivates with "channels"
    • He is introduced to the "Universal Board" in Chapter 291
    • There are different worlds
    But like I said, I only remember bits and pieces. I just think that your description is extremely familiar.

4. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
  5. VegetaNUMBAone

VegetaNUMBAone Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's sadly none of these. I read Strongest System before and I just read the first few chapters of Immortal Mortal and it's not that one either. About the relationships I can't say much because honestly there aren't any longer lasting ones. I don't think that there is a best friend or long lasting enemy. It's a very fast paced novel with very little side characters and no relationships really.

About the chains thing. Cultivators are able to manifest them outside their bodies and fight with them if I remember correctly. It has nothing to do with channels or meridians

He doesn't just level by collecting chains btw. That's the "endgame" of the first world he's in. Like I said, the strongest cultivators there have like 10-12 chains. MC gets a power boost everytime he kills somebody I believe and everytime he gets damaged. At some point I think he enters his own cauldron to damage himself and get stronger like that.

I tried to quote the first comment here but it didn't work. I figured out how quotes work now tho lol

Kthp likes this.