Recommendations Novels with Great Underworld Structure(Mafia, slums and crimes)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by moneng85, Apr 18, 2022.

1. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I am trying to Find novels with great underworld mafia stuff, more interested in how secret society, mafia, slums and government 'live' in the novels.
    Even if it wasn't the main plot of the whole novel and only an Arc, its totally fine
    Better if MC was directly involved, but also fine if it was enemy or things written in the background as long as they are well made.
    Present day Urban Mafia is good, Fantasy underworld organization is better.
    Slum citizens, slum brats, orphans is also what I am looking for
    MC going undercover in a crime city also works

Devil’s Son-in-Law did write about the criminal world/gangs but only in the first quarter of the novel, and also a shallow talk
    Super Detective in the Fictional World is a well written fan-fic of a MCU and movies mash up, creating a nice undercurrents and also super Brazil crime city lol
    Akugyaku no Black Maria is one I want to find, got the fights, fantasy, secret organizations, crime and chef's kiss
    Pure Love ✕ Insult Complex also have urban day criminal organization and secret organization, but the latter parts have been more of a comedy undertone and also the time the novel is on is pretty slow, only a year have passed in the novel at this point
    Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite novel pertaining otome game where MC is a slum brat, becoming the villainess' aide and control the gangs secretly, but shallowly talked about
    Regressor Instruction Manual made a good depiction in early mid parts where slavery, auction held by rich people all over the world
    Kuro no Maou despite the dark first quarter and dark wars later on, not lots of criminal mentioned and also latter part become cheerful
    To Be a Power in the Shadows! Comedic secret organization

those are what i can think on top of my help and need your help in expanding the list(wikipedia lol)

2. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link