Recommendations Strategist or Tactician MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Efu-sama, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Efu-sama

Efu-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow I just remember Narsus from Arslan Senki, Lelouch from Code Geass, Light from Death Note, Johan from Monster, or Yang Wenli from Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, they are great strategists and tactician characters.
    I wonder if there's any novel, I'm fine with either CN, KR, or JP, as long as it has MC with similar traits?
    Oh I have read Reverend Insanity, Overlord, and Trash of Count Family, and they are within the scope of the MC I search about.
    P.s I prefer no harem

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  2. Fryz

Fryz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Efu-sama likes this.
  3. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    The Grandmaster Strategist
    My senior brother is too steady(for this one the translation have so many error that you want to slap the translator silly, but the plot is truly top notch if you are looking for sly scheming MC, he has back up for back up plan, and if it's also fail, he got several other back up)

Efu-sama likes this.
  5. Lord of sin

Lord of sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regressor Instruction Manual- smart mc manipulates everything, man could win the nobel prize 10 times over with his acting skills> not a big spoiler, but gives an idea of what he's capable of
    the whole generic trope of a demon army arrives and the mc was 'corrupted and became the so called demon king to be saved/killed by the hero, little does the world know he's fully sane and putting on a show lmao
    most don't like the romance tho
    My senior brother is too steady- mans scheming against the heavens, the story is slow but really good, you never know the mc's depths or what he's got planned and ready, I don't think I've read or seen a more capable strategists. The romance is good, slow but fulfilling.
    Dungeon defence- i originally didn't want to read as I'd prefer a complete novel but It was well worth it, mc is what your looking for.
    I wanna say Soul of Negary- the mc thinks and calculates all possible scenarios and can be considered what your looking for, everything seems to be within his plans, starts of naive asf tho(for like 2 chapters), read till the first 'main' fight and you'll understand what i mean.(i forgot where it was but should be lower than chap100)
    Low Dimensional Game- basically a god creating his own world, naturally everything is within his control, if that fits the bill.
    All these mc's quite literally strategists against everything, tho none of the worlds are the same, similar strategic mc's just put to play in different worlds, cant get bored of these.

Mans got a back up plan for the back up plan Z and that's touching the surface lmao

6. Efu-sama

Efu-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did read it for several chapters, can't stand the harm and ecchi tho I like the similar one, I forgot to mention before, it's The Lazy King, one with no harem.
    Uh, I know this one, been reading some chapters of it since the translator is the same as Overlord. But I just dont really like the harem vibes?
    Oh!! Thanks for the recommend! I try to see it, and it seems promising
    I forgot to say I don't prefer harem, lol. But Soul of Negary is great! I have read it though my first impression will not be strategist MC, lol, hence why I forgot to mention it.
    I've check Low Dimensional Game, it seems promising, thank you for letting me know this novel!

7. Lord of sin

Lord of sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I was hesitant to put Soul of Negary in but it kinda fit the bill but the first impression would be elder gods ish lol, i understand the issues with harems, alot aren't good lol, but for my senior brother is too steady, its too good to be scared away by the harem tag, 2 wives but 1 Is kinda last chapter while the other is gradual, keep it in mind and give it a go at some point, id rank it same as the other top tiers like Lord of the Mysteries, plague doctor, Soul of Negary. It has translation issues at the start but it gets way better.

Efu-sama likes this.
  8. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's plenty of JP web/lightnovels with that kind of mc: Alderamin on the Sky, Altina the Sword Princess, Log Horizon, and Rakuin Monshou.
    For KR, there's I am the Monarch, Isaac, or...better yet, just go here. Just exclude the BL/GL stuff if you're not into them.

Efu-sama likes this.
  9. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr v and Efu-sama like this.
  10. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

Soul of Negary puts you to sleep after arc 2
    I agree with these recs
    Konoha hypocrite was ok
    King tommen kingly business
    World of masks ??? Idk
    Lord of glory
    Phantasmal genesis

Efu-sama likes this.
  11. Evelyn2305Weng

Evelyn2305Weng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Efu-sama likes this.
  12. SleepyFox09

SleepyFox09 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Klein from the "Lord of the Mysteries" (LoM) this story is highly recommended. The setting is superb, and the action sequence is good!
    Also, Jude from "Ending Maker" his knowledge about the game is a huge advantage in the story.
    Lucien Evans from "Throne of Magical Arcana" is a clever and cautious type of MC.

Efu-sama likes this.
  13. crayole

crayole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link