Spoiler I will twist the neck of a sweet dog / 다정한 개새끼의 목을 비틀겠습니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by flowers_bloom, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
  2. MonsterDuke

MonsterDuke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone add the other title of this novel which the translator is using? It's hard for readers to find the thread which has other version name

3. chastity098

chastity098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    Tappy will be releasing the manhwa on the 12th

FKPAsSZWUAMu-Em.jpeg

5. Odna

Odna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie I find it extremely funny and FITTING the the mtl translates "Dukedom" as "the Great Depression" LMAOOOO.:blobrofl::blobjoy::blob_coffee:
    Like "The Great Depression of Ludwig"

6. hamsterview

hamsterview Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is definitely a must read. It has all what I can ask for in a novel of this genre: intriguing story, shocking revelation, character development and heart fluttering romance between the ML and MC.

- MC (Chloe): I really love how the characters, especially the MC, grows throughout the novel. At the beginning, Chloe seriously irritates me for her blinded love for her son-of-a-b* uncle, which makes her ignorant to who sincerely love and care for her (the emperor and the knight). Her actions at the first timeline are unredeemable because she disregards all conscience and moral values for the sake of her duke. In the end of the first timeline, it is cruel justice that she had to pay for her sins by losing her precious child, feeling guilt and regret over the death of the emperor. However, the author has portrayed her upbringings in detail to show us that the MC (and her faults) is just a poor victim of family tragedy, child grooming and twisted education by the Duke. The MC, in fact, has a very compassionate heart (and also a strong sense of gratitude, I think), that she is willing to do anything for her love one. Thus, giving her heart to the trashy man is the start of all tragedies in her life.

In the first timeline, all she learned and did was to seduce the emperor. In the 2nd timeline, after being rescued to the Imperial Palace, Chloe starts a completely different new life: learning the knowledge she like, making friends with the empress and other noble ladies, doing tasks as assistant to the empress (this is also part of the empress's intention to train her to smoothly take over the empress position someday). She talks and laughs more, makes joke, drinks wine, becomes bolder and gain weight. Under the encouragement of the emperor, she learns to love her life, as it becomes more meaningful everyday, and starts to love and care for others surrounding her (the emperor, empress, the knight, noble friends) like any normal person with healthy relationships. It can be said that a new Chloe is born in this life.

After falling in love with Raymond and knowing that the empress wholeheartedly wants the divorce, the MC determines to become a worthy partner to the emperor, not a mere concubine but a qualified empress standing proudly next to him. She now has goal for her life. She wants to share the burdens with the man she loves, helps him, instead of idling sitting by and letting him shelter her alone as in the first life. When being captured by the trashy Duke, she is no longer afraid of him and calmly plans a trap for him, much to his shocking realization that she now changes completely in this life - much stronger and smarter. The trash always underestimates her and not fully aware of all her value. He thinks she is just suitable to be a bait/concubine and later realizes that she is actually good enough to be a queen.

- ML (Raymond - the emperor): a very lovable character. In most of the novels I read, it is usually the MC who helps the ML grow out of his shell and become stronger either emotionally or politically, this story is on the contrary. The ML may be the one who both treasures and understands the MC the most. After all the horrible deeds that happens to him in the first life, he still prioritizes her happiness over his own anger on the enemy and even over his love and longing to be with her. Therefore, the first thing he asks of Chloe in this current timeline is to be happy, and he insists to make it happen. He wants her to have a happy life this time, staying away from the political war, even if it means he has to hide his feeling and not be with Chloe. Thus, after rescuing her from the duchy, he let her be sheltered under the empress's wings to be trained as a lady-in-waiting, whilst it is much more convenient to take her as his concubine. From then, their romance also starts to grow and deepen naturally in cute ways. The emperor, who cannot stop himself from loving her, invents silly excuses to meet her: wandering around her staying place, discussing books in the library with her, helping her review and correct the tasks assigned by the empress, going pinic with her, teaching her on hunting. He encourages her to learn and do all the things she wants, not what others want her to do and against her will. The MC starts to see him in a new light (he is actually always this sweet but she is too focused on the trashy duke in the first life to notice his charms) and gradually falls for his caring, gentle, benevolent personality, his intellect and striking good look (later she is unhappy when other noble ladies think other men more handsome than him, LOL). I thinks his confidence and hope for her love in the first life is not groundless: had his life not ended so quickly, she would have been moved and felt for him too. The webtoon artist portray his expression so well: I initially thinks that he was cold and crooked, but it turns out there is a story behind this facade.

As mentioned above, the emperor is likely the one understands the MC the most. In the first life, he already knows that she has a very gentle and good heart as well as notices her favorite things, even though she intentionally hides them. He also knows that she cannot be happy as long as she does not love herself even if the trash duke is removed. Thus, he constantly tells her to value herself, sends her letters everyday complimenting her to let her know that she is a precious woman worth of being loved. This plays a very important part in the growth of the MC personality. In return, the MC also helps the emperor to have some character development as well (though not as drastic as hers): she gets mad when he says that he could throw away everything for her, even his throne and his life, which seems to belittle his existence and her love for him. She then tells him that he is her happiness, so in order for her to be happy, he has to value his life as well. Both must be equal partners in love and share with each other. She runs away with Daria in a week to reprimand him, LOL.

Chloe and Ray deserve the perfect happy ending in this life. They had 02 sons and later even got back their little Estelle thanks to the goddess's blessing. I will write more about their children if have time.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  7. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happens to Kylos after Chole leaves with Raymond from his estate?...What were the turn of events that led to his imprisonment and his curse being fulfilled?

8. GreenLily

GreenLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, i really like this novel, because the ultra shit handsome man is actually get a bad end, unlike in any other where they are forgiven and given an okay ish ending. Usually only female villains got this kind of treatment, i cant remember an evil 2nd male lead, got this much shit as an ending as him.

I'll give this novel a 8/10 just for that alone lol

Raini Rodriguez and mg534 like this.
  9. Lizell06

Lizell06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow.. Just wow! The psychological aspect of this manhwa is very overwhelming! I just read this and what happened to the duke is really satisfying. Thanks a lot for the spoilers!

Question:
    Is there a possibility that the ending of manhwa will be different to the novel? Because I am really looking forward to seeing the same ending on manhwa. I just dont like the ending of Enoch that much tho.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    BluePoodle likes this.
  10. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if anyone gonna answer since the poster is deleted .

But I'm slightly confused, does this mean Estelle won't be born again in the new timeline? Since she's jumped into the new one and stayed OR did she return to the old timeline?
    If she stayed what will happen if she's born again in the new timeline?

11. Tellatez

Tellatez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's not borned again since she jumped into this new timeline and stayed.

snzzykitten and Plumpuppeach like this.
  12. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for clarifying :blobsmilehappyeyes:

13. BluePoodle

BluePoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just discovered this manwha and I have to say… I wished more isekai stories would be as good as this one!
    Accompanying the MC through the horrors of her first timeline really makes you understand how pedos groom children and how it destroys their self-image. It also makes her character growth and revenge all the more satisfying.
    I can't wait to read more.

Creolenerd likes this.
  14. Nefroza

Nefroza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give me the link for this book?

15. vijipooja

vijipooja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i really cant believe ml still loves fl after everything he has away for him by her even though it is not entirely her fault but it is hard to not resent them and love her so i think he obsessed with her unlike kylos he did want her to happy but it is not entirely out love but due to little obsession

snzzykitten likes this.
  16. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick question, who remembers the first timeline other than fml?

17. Siyasingh

Siyasingh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ml,kylos, knight (not sure),fl

rero00 likes this.
  18. Ariary

Ariary Sucker for isekai troupe

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like kylos but i had to admit his scheme to steal the throne is praise worthy.:blobpopcorn_cool:
    It's wicked, but effective and interesting.
    In fact, half of it is emperor's fault too, because he falls to the trap easily and couldn't rationally make decisions to protect himself & his beloved. I dont hate him as the ml, he's good, considerate, but tbh he's a stupid emperor who gave up his reign for a woman. :blobunsure:
    I pity his followers & people :blobawkward:
    Glad he's change in the 2nd tl. He value his position better & cherish his life more.

And it's really satisfying to see kylos suffer after her death (& in the 2nd tl) hahaha blobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbs
    Serves him right.
    I kinda pity him cz the manhwa portrayed his suffering perfectly, :blobpopcorn_two: but it's just a tiiinyyyyy bits..:blobcheeky:
    i feel more happy seeing him going crazy. Haha seeing him go to destruction path is one of my happiness :blobgift::blob_coffee:

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    Elisee and Creolenerd like this.
  19. Annie__

Annie__ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened between the fl and the ml after they bought come back in time.. because in the manhwa the ml says that she doesn’t love her and she helps her to escape the castle of the kairos ..

rero00 likes this.
  20. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait red is the male lead? Plz say yes