Discussion how good are you at recognizing faces?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shiki, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so... got this poster from reddit's r/popular.
    [​IMG]

I just thought of that guy sakeru gummy's ad, where the guy is interested in M/M relationship. So, yaoi and MPreg kind of make some people's mind go that way for some people. Getting excited, I check the wikipedia and found out the actor's name. Unfortunately... they are two different person.

I think I really have a hard time recognizing faces. I usually am not sure to call someone outside the setting I expect to meet like at work or school, because of this. It's hard to recognize people quickly, and often, they called me first instead of me calling them.

How do you even memorize someone's face? Even I can't tell apart actors (maybe due to apathy) and public figures. it's just... not memorable at all. maybe there's something wrong in the way I develop when I was a little child. but if anyone have a tip to learn, it's appreciated.

Mr. Tired, Shizukani and KizunaAi like this.
  2. Darkraiders

Darkraiders Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really good, I always had a really good memory for things I see, but not good for thing I don't see. Like I could remember you face after seeing one time, but it would take quite a few time for me to remember your name.

As for tips, I am not sure, maybe look for something else than the face, like the hair, body shape, eyes maybe.

Shiki likes this.
  3. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Really bad, it took me about 6 months to match my classmates face and names.

Amaruna Myu, LK and Shiki like this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "The apparition of these faces in the crowd: Petals on a wet, black bough."

Sums up how I feel about faces. :sweating_profusely:

Shiki likes this.
  5. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awful, I don't make a lot of eye contact, so I never got the experience or knack for it.

Shiki likes this.
  6. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was bad at remembering faces and names of peoples too... Well my problems is I got bad eyesight and rarely wears glasses Though I will quickly remember them if I put a "lable" or my biggest impression of that person. For example, this friend who seats next to me, this friend who is very active at asking questions, this friend who I met and talk to at the hall. Even my contact number are consist of their full name and my biggest impression on them. I only switched the contact name to a more familiar one, after I got really close to them. If I didn't do this, then it will take a lot longer for me to remember them.

Especially for acquaintances that I met in a club once a week only, it really difficult to remember them. In the end, I had to take notice of little things when interact with them, there was once I had to save the contact number as Orange Juice [name], cause I remember she gives me the orange juice at the canteen. And then when I met her again, I had to open my contact number and see their name to remember her lol

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  7. WordEater

WordEater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm bad at putting names and faces to a person I'm talking to. :> I don't even watch live action dramas anymore because aside from their similar looks, their names- do I even need to continue anymore?

My classmates can yell for my name in the streets, and I'll stop to look from left to right not knowing they're already near me unless they tap my shoulder or call for my attention. Even then, it would take me a while to remember who is this person and from which class were they.

8. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Faces: yes, Names: absolutely no

ChiliJam likes this.
  9. WordEater

WordEater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO, yes.

Shiki likes this.
  10. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Worse than the government cctv camera outside my home - which isn't saying much.

Shiki likes this.
  11. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont understand how your mind spiralled from long long man to mpreg, but here's how I recognise people:
    in school, we wear uniforms but shoes are up to you. hence I remember what shoes look like and link to their face. or bag, or glasses. anything really, if there's something I remember about their belonging, there's a higher chance of me remembering their name
    I will recognise people by their belongings until I get used to their faces.

also another way of remembering names:
    if your in a group chat with people, you'll see their names a lot if you save their numbers, making it easier to remember their name
    remembering faces is when you meet

Shiki likes this.
  12. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad at all, voice, names and faces.

All I can say is if I am interacting with someone daily for a long while (2 years and upwards) then I won't forget them if we part for a long time.

Outside of that, nothing.

Shiki likes this.
  13. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    When it comes to remembering things I see, I don't have that big of a problem depending on what we're talking about. It's not that hard to recognize a face... Names though? That's something that I can forget a few seconds after hearing them

Shiki likes this.
  14. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm very bad at recognizing faces~ especially with acquaintances. Maybe it has something to do about how I don't really look at them unless I have to? Idk xD Maybe to recognize them better, you have to actually look at them more? Idk

Shiki likes this.
  15. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember people's faces for long... -.- tbh rn I can't recall face of one of my cousin...whom I haven't seen in about a year. And I'm horrible at memorizing people's name....:blobsleepless::blobsleepless::blobsleepless: just imagine a guy who's name you don't remember acting friendly with you while you are sweating like *hit trying to remember his name....:blobsleepless::blobsleepless::blobsleepless:

Shiki likes this.
  16. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    What is a face and how often do you water them.

17. yun yun yun

yun yun yun (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 3 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you frequently make eye contact, I think you could remember their faces, particularly from the eye brows...
    Matching their names is the difficult part :blobsweat_2:... Example when my parents introduce a relative to me, I'd forget their names almost immediately but I believe I could recognize them the next time (given I have taken I good look at them at the first meeting cos I do not make eye contact to people)...
    For celebrities... I'd have to watch prolly about 5 movies/episodes with them in it to remember their faces and match their names~

KizunaAi and Shiki like this.
  18. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm terrible at remembering new faces.
    I always go through an awkward phase where I approach someone thinking they're someone else and then realizing I'm mistaken after talking to them for a while.

I also never call the name of someone I don't know that well in case I call them the wrong name.

Shiki likes this.
  19. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember names but rarely forgot faces... so I'm above average?

Shiki likes this.
  20. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the people, TBH.

Shiki likes this.