Spoiler Heeran's National Sonata 희란국 연가 (from the author of "Under the Oak Tree")

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by badsanta88, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so in the beginning it was mentioned that there were two people who were kind to and cared for the FL but they died, do we know what was up with that?
    also following the manwha and after reading the spoilers, you would think that the higher up people that she healed/helped, would be on her side for selfish reasons just to keep her in their grasps, happy and well taken for but nope, everyone just has short term memory loss and are giant fucking dipshits

2. Alanif_7.

Alanif_7. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I was still harboring some hope for that piece of shit Jahyeon but reading this that ass can just go to hell. I'm glad he isnt the ML. Damn him! His behavior towards FL really angered me and arggghhhh I want to kick his ass so bad.

Lol yeah I kinda figured from the first few chapters that Jahyeon's love for Garan or whatever could not even be considered love when all he was focused on was her beauty and reputation. Plus possessing her would make him closer to imperial power. Well they deserved each other. Thought he'd see sense after several chapters but boy am I glad he doesn't end up with Soru.

3. Ciddos

Ciddos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one thinking that the manhwa version will be different. There is no such market place visits with Jahyeon. Will he be the ML unlike the novel?

AnniePoo likes this.
  4. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn! Every time, even just reading the spoilers of this story, I end up boiling my eyes out!!!
    A few questions!
    When in the timeline the fl regains her eyesight?
    Will the husband ever finds out how how she was treated and almost died after he left for the castle the last time?
    Will the husband ever find out how the aide told mc to leave?
    Will the husband do anything to those who mistreated her?
    Will he have concubines after becoming king?
    Will the king’s daughter get any punished? Seems a bit unfair… though the whole story is full if “unfair “

snzzykitten, Th.ay and boom2424 like this.
  5. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) She regained them in side stories when she was with Yato.
    2&3) He is aware of everything
    4) No he wont
    5) Nothing about his love life was mentioned. He ignores his wife Garan and refuse to sleep with her and is always out in battlefield. There are no concubines either.
    6) Her whole punishment is being stuck in loveless marriage. She isnt happy about her situation, she wants to make up with her husband and have children but husband has no interest in her. He'd rather stay in battlefiel than be around her. Quiet honestly, Jahyun is more to blame than her tho.

6. Cloudland19

Cloudland19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me where you are reading the novel version? Please~

Naenia likes this.
  7. asagisora

asagisora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it on naver. Just type the title 희란국 연가 [외전증보판] on search bar at series . naver . com

Actually I am pretty surprised. It only has like 75 main chapters

8. Annan_Tess

Annan_Tess Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why their are the main characters why soru and yato interaction fewer

9. thomie

thomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the real ml?? I saw on tiktok jahyun might be the ml in manhwa

10. AnotherDayAnotherStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop believeing unreliable sources like tiktok. I beg of you all. In novel, there were scenes like these as well where he was turning soft toward Soru but it was short lived.

Kezi, MiserableSOUL, Naenia and 2 others like this.
  11. Yeni_kim

Yeni_kim Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers for fluffy moments between Soru and ML :aww:

12. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeni_kim likes this.
  13. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think that's a rare occasion. Spoilers aren't meant to live up to the actual works. They just there to scratch the itch.

Kezi, Wapdyne, Black7 and 2 others like this.
  14. AnotherDayAnotherStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers aren't there to give the characters a depth. That is the purpose of actual story. People giving out spoilers are not writing literary analysis they are telling how the story went. Why not read the novel yourself and write a analysis that delves into character depth rather than complaining?

Kezi, clraei, Wapdyne and 2 others like this.
  15. Astrology Freak

Astrology Freak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BIG LOVE for providing us with spoilers. Soru and Yato are absolutely going to the Hall of Faves.

The story perfectly encapsulates what I want about the consequences of having highkey violent tsundere MLs that are written for "drama purposes." If they don't like a person, just say no and walk away. Or maybe, in this case, think of how to compensate Soru with common sense, seeing as years of abuse from her shitty father seems to have twisted her worldview. Jahyun treats her like cattle, but later shows remorse and tries to make it up to her. While maybe this would have worked in some other timeline, he's too filled with hubris, vengefulness, and anger which sets him up for disappointment and failure. I suspect the aide in white is the one who probably instructs Jahyun in everything politics. Jahyun is too emotional and impulsive to be an effective social tactician. Kudos to the guy in white who keeps advising him: you have a long road ahead of you, my man.

oot but: Jahyung would lowkey be the kind of emperor who gets his country blasted into bits later: especially when he finds a concubine/consort who looks like Soru. He's proven himself to be susceptible to honeytraps w Garan soooo lmao

While Garan is largely unimportant, I actually find her character very interesting. In the palace, nobody survives as long as they can without powerful backing or a belly full of malice. Side stories about how she would have thought about Soru, Jahyun, and the events unfolding would be super!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    Kezi, MiserableSOUL, Jeenajin and 2 others like this.
  16. Joker07

Joker07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started it thinking that It would be a romance story but it pains my heart hearing that there isn't much between MC and ML... ( But I'm happy they love each other but still )

17. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m scared that they’ll change the ending and make Jahyun the Male lead… I don’t want to be this invested just so they change the ending.

clraei likes this.
  18. Honeydew Summer

Honeydew Summer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I come here just to watch the shitty man writhing in deepest hell of regrets HAHAHAHAHA!!

spoil me the details of this moments pretty pleaseeeee :blobokhand::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobReach:

Naenia likes this.
  19. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanted to say I really like Jahyun as a slightly more complicated character.
    He’s definitely the villain, but he didn’t have to be. A lot of villains and antagonists were never going to be anything else because they’re just that morally bankrupt or selfish or weak, with only the most halfhearted of redeeming features. With Jahyun though, there are real positive facets of his personality. He earned his hero reputation by being genuinely brave and dutiful. He has an actual moral compass and is fully capable of being devoted and caring to some people as you can see with his care for his men.

All he had to do to be a good person was to just get over himself.

And he just couldn’t.

His beef with the emperor has nothing to do with him being a trash person or bad emperor, but is solely because the man slighted him personally. From the start he is logically aware that the MC is innocent and blameless, he feels sympathy and even attraction towards her. But he can’t get beyond the fact that his marriage to her was meant as an insult. He is absolutely disgusted with his advisor because his methods are skeevy and underhanded, but he winds up going along with those methods because as short tempered as he is he’s smart enough to know that his preferred method of rushing in with a sword wouldn’t work and the other option is to bow down and accept the blow to his pride. He’s disgusted with himself on a certain level for using the MC, basically carving parts off of her, and it seems like a lot of his annoyance with her stems from her making the exploitation just so freakin easy. Like if she struggled against him he’d have an excuse to not go through with it or something. But with her happily and gratefully going along with everything the ball is in his court and there’s no reason not to do it outside of his personal moral scruples, which he’s betraying.
    The first instance of using the MC as a panacea he is even annoyed because here is a completely justified and reasonable excuse to ask her to do it. His disciple is dieing through a mishap and anyone would understand asking her to heal him. It’s an easy ask and she goes along with it willingly. And he seems to know himself that this is just opening the doors to future exploitation.

There are several points where even he’s aware that he’s looking at a moral crossroads. On one end is what he knows he should and even would like to do, he’d just have to reign in his pride. And so he chooses the other path.

Kinda love how the demons are going “Of course we’re trying to eat her, we’re evil demons. It’s what we do. What’s your excuse?”

The ML has killed a lot of people, but I think the framing is important. It’s like a super powered toddler stumbling around trying to understand itself and others, and what it means to be loved. The beginning of his backstory where the wife points to her chest to indicate where love is and him pulling out her heart expecting to find some physical object is definitely toddler logic. He’s destructive, but that destruction seems to largely stem from ignorance and confusion, as well as coming from the youkai realm where killing others is standard practice. Once he finally gets the answers he needs and breaks away from the idea that only humans can have love and youkai can only be monsters he changes his ways.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    Kezi, clraei, MiserableSOUL and 5 others like this.
  20. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link