Korean [From the author of Doctor’s Rebirth] Dusk Howler (Bromance, VRMMORPG)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Nancy Drew, Apr 21, 2022.

?

Would you like to read this novel?

1. Yes (I am a woman)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes (I am a man)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No (I am a woman)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No (I am a man)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Dusk Howler (더스크 하울러)
    MyAnimeList Link (manhwa): https://myanimelist.net/manga/153969/Dusk_Howler
    NU Link (there is a prologue (date: 10/15/15) and one excerpt from the first chapter of this novel (date: 08/12/16)): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/dusk-howler
    Language: Korean.
    Author: Taesun (태선) ("Doctor's Rebirth", "Chitra", "The Dragon Master", "Master of the Divine Beasts", "The Phantom Beast Master", "Game Master Mion", "Dynamite", "Thanatos", "Deadline of silver", "My husband can't be that ridiculous" )
    Genres: LitRPG, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Action, Martial Arts, Adventure, Comedy, Bromance.
    Similar novels: "Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint", "The S-Classes That I Raised", "Trash of the Count’s Family", "Trapped in a Webnovel as a Good-For-Nothing", "Regressor Instruction Manual", "A Mild Noble’s Vacation Suggestion", "The Legend of Sun Knight", etc.

Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    1. Unusual and unpredictable plot.
    2. Well-thought-out fantasy world.
    3. Interesting main and secondary characters.
    4. Sweet, cozy and funny atmosphere. There are sad and scary moments, but mostly it's comedy and adventure.
    5. The novel "Dusk Howler" is mentioned on Korean sites in lists such as "Game Fantasy Bestsellers" (Korean: 게임 판타지 베스트셀러), "21 Recommended Completed Game Fantasy Novels" (Korean: 완결난 게임 판타지 소설 21개 추천), etc.
    6. The webtoon "Dusk Howler" is mentioned on Korean, English and other sites in lists like "10 Best Sci-Fi Manhwa For Fans Of Manga" (Comic Book Resources), "Top 5 Best Game Manhwa/Manhua You Should Read", "Top 10 Virtual Reality MMORPG Manhwa With Game Elements And Leveling System", "Recommended Game Webtoons" (Korean: 게임 웹툰 추천), "11 Virtual Reality Game Munchkin Webtoons" (Korean: 가상현실게임 먼치킨웹툰 11선), etc.
    7. The novel "Dusk Howler" consists of 12 volumes, but the manhwa only shows events from the first, second, and beginning of the third volume of the novel.

Description:
    Kim Jee-Ha comes from a good background with decent grades and test results; however, he has one big flaw – when it comes to official events like university interviews for example, he is horrible. To overcome his social awkwardness, he embarks upon the virtual reality game Trikia where he meets an eccentric high level undead Nine – his future guild master.

3 Закатный Вой 3.jpg
    Manhwa cover
    Jaiha (a brown-haired male, protagonist), Nine (a male with long light gray hair, Jaiha's mentor) and Kinya (NPC, female werecat, Jaiha's battle pet).

1 большая картинка.jpg
    Novel cover (1)
    Jaiha (a male with long honey blonde hair, protagonist) and Eunlin (NPC, dragon, Jaiha's mount).

3 Хоулер - фрагмент обложки 2.jpg
    Novel cover (2)
    Jaiha and Eunlin.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    Piyoyo and Yurielle like this.
  2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't that a manhua or webtoon? I remember finishing one with similar name.

3. Nancy Drew

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! I love this manhwa! I must have read it over 30 times!

The manhwa (webtoon) "Dusk Howler" (2014–2016) is based on the first part of novel "Dusk Howler" (7 volumes, 2009–2010, the server "Trikia" in the game "Trikia", the European world of sword and magic).

When the author was working on this manhwa, she wrote the second part of the novel "Dusk Howler" (5 volumes, 2015–2016, the server "Murim" in the game "Trikia", the Ancient Chinese world of sword).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    aegis062 likes this.
  4. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

Nancy Drew likes this.
  5. Nancy Drew

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Nancy Drew

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is a Dusk Howler novel wallpaper made by Dream Books. The cover for the novel Dusk Howler was created based on this wallpaper. (Dream Books is an imprint (label) of Samyang Publishing.) Dusk Howler novel wallpaper.jpg

TXHY likes this.
  7. Nancy Drew

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Nancy Drew

Reading List:
    Link