DotA Mafia Game #27

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by justabot, Mar 10, 2022.

1. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does me knowing about Devils Advocate out the game confuse you? It didn't occur to you that...we're friends? We played a lot of games before? And for how Tilgarial answered, isn't it that he wanted to reciprocate/give the same kind of answer I gave him — which was my goals for the game? Not like I said anything about the state of the game at the time.

Wha? Basically what Lissi said: what you said was different from Glass', and the context is different.

See, when I said: "We live in a capitalist society, and we must make enough content or die trying! Very towny, I like."

I meant: It was very towny for Glass. For the past few games I've played with her, she was the kind of player who was barely there (regardless of alignment) and she'd only give out reads when prodded. So this time when she offered it on her own, a gut read followed by a few more posts reinforcing/fleshing them out, I was very glad.

As for you, unfortunately you just reminded me of another player (Adleto). Someone who used to be a getting-reads-is-like-pulling-teeth wallflower newbie suddenly turned into helpful, eager, and reasonable Adleto, who turned out to be wolf in the end. :blobcry: Now, I am not saying I'm reading you solely based on a completely different player, that you and Adleto have similar playstyles, or that this one post will singlehandedly affect how I read all your other posts for the rest of the game. I'm just saying that when I read that post, this is what I thought, and I'm storing it away in case I feel tempted to lazily townread someone based on enthusiasm alone again.

I think there's some misunderstanding here tho. Being active alone isn't gonna cut it. You can post only five times every day phase for all I care, as long as those five posts have good content. And by good content I mean something that lets the others have a good idea on where you stand on important topics, your thought process and reasoning behind your actions, and anything else that makes you readable.

Hmm...let's see...
    People I've seen play as wolf and town before: Tilgarial, Glass, Devils Advocate (another account), Lissi, Lemon, Isolated
    People I've seen play as town only before: Clumsy, Sylvia, Nagashiro (yeeted D1 as town in Bot Game 24 I think? So barely counts), Decora
    People I've never seen play before: Grey, Gentleman, ReaderReader

Tilgarial likes this.
  2. c.decora

c.decora Holy Cardinal, Ascended Mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    !status

3. justabot

justabot NUF's Cutest Bot Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    DotA Mafia Game
    # Username ToD Role Warnings
    1 @iampsyx
    2 @Clumsy Soul
    3 @Tilgarial
    4 @SylviaViolet
    5 @Grey_Angel
    6 @Nagashiro
    7 @Mr gentleman
    8 @Glass Shard
    9 @ReaderReader
    10 @c.decora
    11 @Devils Advocate
    12 @Lissi
    13 @Lemonfairy
    14 @Isolated0371
    Votes TargetVoters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Isolated0371 @c.decora (21), @Clumsy Soul (29)
    1 Tilgarial @Tilgarial (48)
    1 Lissi @Isolated0371 (31)
    1 Mr gentleman @Devils Advocate (30)
    1 Devils Advocate @Lissi (47)
    1 Clumsy Soul @Nagashiro (34)
    1 Nagashiro @SylviaViolet (11)
    0 No Lynch ---
    6 Not Voting @iampsyx (22), @Grey_Angel (6), @Mr gentleman (0), @Glass Shard (15), @ReaderReader (7), @Lemonfairy (30)
    Important
    Time Left

4. Nagashiro

Nagashiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause of the post throwing shade at reader, grey and sylvia doesn't sit well to me. I would've gone for anyone who'd convince me on a wagon though.

5. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    We have to consider the whole thing;
    A PR claim is a reason not to lynch someone, if it's a specific PR claim. (Although I've seen mafia that's about to be lynched wait till a few mins before EoD and *then* claim a PR, reducing risk of counterclaims... so it's not a 100% thing even then)
    Claiming "a" PR, is very much WIFOM - basically, it could be either way.
    It could be mafia doing something weird, it could be town doing something weird.
    But then the rest of everything around the PR is what matters.
    And I'm~ not very convinced the sureounding bits of iso's behaviour are town?
    There's too many sus points, tbh.
    The PR claim as last post, i can probably be convinced that's a reaction test.
    The whole lissi thing, with some of the details? That's a bit of a harder sell.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  6. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, the Lissi thing is the main problem, it went from confident to wishy washy. But was calling for a wagon with so little to say for it too bold to be mafia?

7. Nagashiro

Nagashiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mentioned them being a clone of some sort, with a new personality or character, which was confusing to me, I don't get what I don't understand hence I'm confused.
    If that's Tilgarial wants to answer then so be it, I'm not stopping anyone from posting what they want, I just read them as I interpret them and if I can't then I'll leave it at that.

8. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for not being all that active , I usually try to be but needed sleep

To second Lissi's case against DA ?
    Starting with a bot command instead of a message does seems to be strange also voting for the Afk Mr.Gentlemen( that hasn't had any activity since Thursday ) unprovoked. Their actions seemed a bit strange but could just be the results on being undeceive and impulsive.

Isolated and Tilgarial's voting for each other at the beginning could be seen as playful banter instead of serious voting. But Tilgarial ending up self voting and Isolated changing their vote to Lissi.

I know him a bit form some other game threads such as ^<v and 21 dares. He might not be the most active person around

9. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    !vote Isolated0371

10. justabot

justabot NUF's Cutest Bot Bot

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    It was like how Glass told her gut feel. I saw two inactives posting 1 post and then nothing at all, so just had that thought.

12. Isolated0371

Isolated0371 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Initial first few paragraphs are defending your viewpoint of it being wolfy, and I just want to reiterate that it is weird. That’s vital to my argument, as if it were usual behavior the “washing hands clean of execution” doesn’t apply and there’s little anti-town motivation in doing it.
    Also, doing what I said isn’t lazy, or at least I wouldn’t classify it as that. If it works as planned it’s one of the best ways to advance your wincon while not being suspicious yourself.
    I disagree with you that comparing the votes is unfair. Maybe the level of suspicion is, but the point is that were testing the bot with unvotes.

The underlined part is almost definitely a misunderstanding / misrepresentation of my argument, too. I don’t think I ever discredited the suspicion on the slot as unjust. I’m saying I think you knew that and are using it.
    Don’t like this. Confidence of a locktown level based off meta?
    Why would I have absolute confidence in this? It’s arguably a tinfoil read that I’ve pushed because it’s a better target than my own. Which, again, I’m fine with dying, but that’s not to say I have no self preservation.

Also
    My iso isn’t bad when I’ve had nearly solely game related posts since after day start, and I’ve pushed a scumread. Arguably, I’ve done everything a townie should do.
    But if you want me to defend myself, I can.
    I don’t see what in here you specify to be wolfy/bad, unless you mean my Lissi argument, which isn’t “bad”. It doesn’t make any leaps in logic and follows a train of thought based on thinking the first vote was opportunistic. The only not “solid” part about it is the likelihood that it’s true, which is arguably medium-low.

13. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he was expecting the pushback he got; that can easily shake some confidence.
    And the way he went about getting out of it too.
    It wasn't "okay, you convinced me" it was more "yeah, i wasnt too sure anyways, you're right" from the feel of it, if you know what I mean?

14. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I don't know how can you not feel iffy when 2 inactives suddenly came right before EOD was near and posted nothing for so long. :hmm:
    You said yourself that if there are inactives who are being inactive to avoid discussion then that's sus. Aren't you contradicting yourself by saying I threw shade at them when the whole situation seemed sus?

15. Isolated0371

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone wants a different target, feel free to suggest some counterwagons

16. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    To be clear on this, I self voted because unvoting wasn't an option.
    I did originally vote isolated as a joke/to get in an early vote and push people to vote more, but I didn't want a vote like that sitting on an active wagon

17. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tilgarial likes this.
  18. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    What are these "some things"?

Mm I think I already asked you this question before. I guess I just wanted to know if your initial assessment of NUF FM (chill and such) got updated or you had anything else to add after playing a few more games.

Let's win this, mate! :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR: They'll never catch us~ :blobokhand:

Get some sleep and play better tomorrow lol

Nope, I was referring to another game (Underworld Fiasco), where Lemon first hit me with a "wolfy entrance post", dipped, showed up on D1 to bus her teammate, then rode that to a wolf victory. I think this was what Devils Advocate meant by "trauma" (we were so salty about the wolves just lurking in the thread). :blobsweat_2: But her Omnifarious game was quite different; she was much more active there.

Lissi and Isolated0371 like this.
  19. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's good but a little confusing :bloboh:
    Thank u *-*

20. Isolated0371

Reading List:
    Link
    When did I ever say I was very confident in Lissi being scum