DotA Mafia Game #27

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by justabot, Mar 10, 2022.

1. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Decora and Devil? Now that you mention it, I briefly considered a Sylvia + Devil wolfteam last night but not a Decora + Devil one. :hmm: It's possible, I'd say. Devil hasn't done anything that pings me yet tho.

@Devils Advocate Can you give me your top 5 wolf pairs? (Ie five couples you think has good "wolf/working together" potential)

Apparently the Decora sus is OMGUS too (I forgot that Decora said she found Clumsy/Til/Lemon sus on D1). Clumsy mentioned today that she doesn't really throw her teammates under the bus as wolf, and though I like to believe that people try to stick to the truth as much as possible when they lie, her sus on Nagashiro and Decora was mentioned on D2 aka after a whole night has passed (where wolves could've made their scum theatre preparations). :derpyblob:

(Sidenote: in case Lemon finds me too wordy again, it's because I'm keeping in mind that Grey is in the game. I want them to learn more so I'm trying to make my thoughts easier for a newbie to understand. I get Tilg now; it's painful when a community doesn't have new blood and we have to wait for weeks before a game can start due to lack of players :blob_teary:)

Tilgarial and Grey_Angel like this.
  2. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, fun exercise. Psyx, Lissi, Tilg and Lemon: if you were a wolf, who would you prioritize in killing (in what order would you kill them) and why?

Tilgarial likes this.
  3. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    If Lissi was the one who Leoric hit last night, who do you think the wolves tried to NK? If it was Decora?

4. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's @Lemonfairy btw? Are you still multitabling/playing another game? (Osie's bastard game ended today)

5. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Nagashiro, I did questioned the sooner I saw his vote on me, as for my sus being mentioned on D2, the game ended when I was questioning Nagashiro and also lot was happening cause it was almost EOD.
    For Decora, I didn't see her post where she was backing my claim with Isol and thought she sussed me for the reason she herself agreed earlier along with giving no productivity reason which can be said for her too. She didn't do much on D1, while I sussed Isol for claiming, creating confusion and starting a wagon, her sus lis mostly consists of no productivity, not spamming much (For Lissi), Not meeting expectations (For Lemon) and Tilga's lockdown post on Lissi which I think was mistaken as it was you who lockdown Lissi as Town.

How can you kill yourself when you would be mafia? :hmm:

For me, it would depend on the player who is contributing much to the game instead of the one whose guess or sus is going on right direction cause if I kill the one who is guessing right then that would mean his/her readlist would be taken more seriously after their death. So going with that, Tilga, Psyx, Lemon/Lissi.

I feel on D1 Lissi didn't questioned other people as much as she has done in her past games, mostly only cleared sus around her. Ofc, timezone and rl is there and I also haven't ISO'd her posts so that's why she would be last.
    Lemon too wasn't active much on D1 but on D2 she started questioning me, which I think is good for finding out hidden mafia.

Tilga- Like how he is doing now, he would be appearing Town to most people, helping the game going and initiating questioning and asking players on their thought on each other which might be helpful in finding who are buddies and their dynamics.

Psyx - Like how you are questioning me which although is tiring to answer same stuff again and again but is helpful for the game, so if you have sis on someone and they wpuld be mafia indeed. You won't be letting them go with the lukewarm answers they would give or until you are almost convinced of them being innocent. And when questioned again and again, mafia who are lying and making stuff to get out of sus, often makes mistake or are caught up in their own lie (don't know about others but talking from my experience, lol). So, I would like to avoid that if was mafia.

6. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, I didn't include posts about convo about other games.
    Lissi tryna make people talk and asking for opinions as I remembered her what she does when Town, bit town lean for me.
    Hmm, you somewhat agreed with what I said on D1 but then questioned about it today by not even quoting my whole post but just the part of it.

This was the post she addressed about her vote on DA and even before that I think she gave the reasons why she felt that DA's self vote was sus.

So, after going through Lissi's and Decora's post of D1, am more inclined of Lissi being town than Decora so far (still haven't read D2 posts) :sweating_profusely:. Lissi gave valid points on why she sussed anyone on D1 while Decora's sus list was just there.

7. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    No one's here so no one will blame me for not being productive. It was like that on D1 too. I can't run a one man show.:blobtriumph: :blobtriumph:

And all these iso's fried my brain. Am gonna leave for now and come again to read D2 stuff more clearly.

Also, as I was backreading, I found not only me but Tilga and Liss also found Isol's behavious sus that's why voted him, so I don't get why I was the only one being grilled? @iampsyx
    Also, what other behaviour of Isol you found sus to vote him out as you said PR claim was WIFOM. @Tilgarial

8. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    When I said "Psyx, Lissi, Tilg and Lemon: if you were a wolf, who would you prioritize in killing (in what order would you kill them) and why?" I was listing the names as options aka the ones I was asking you to sort, not that I was asking them lol.

Perhaps the reason why I'm asking you "the same stuff" is because I want you to expand your answers? Town's thought processes are natural, while wolves' are fake. So if you asked a townie to explain themselves in multiple ways (aka they must not repeat themselves) they should be able to do so because their thoughts came from a genuine place. Imagine a pyramid. There is a conclusion at the peak, which is built on top of many levels of reads, supporting beliefs, and many reasons how/why they came to that conclusion. If a townie is properly solving, that pyramid should stand even if you destroy or remove one or two blocks.

Now let's look at your claims.

First, during D1 your sus #1 was Isolated (this is the peak of your pyramid). You have three supporting blocks: he did not explain his pr claim, he made things confusing for town by implying he was scumbuddies with me, and he tried to start a wagon on Lissi when she was not around with a reason you did not agree with.

Basically: Isolated did "sus things" in your eyes, and so you voted for him. Yes?

But you see, that's not how a proper townie operates, or how they should operate. A townie finds something sus and then tries to investigate. A townie figures out if the sus thing is valid or not. A townie asks questions. A townie reads the posts of the person they are sussing to figure out if the sussed person is lying or bullshitting. A townie does not just say "you're sus, I'm voting you, sayonara, end of the story" and then just brush their hands off the whole thing.

Compare these to your actions in D1 — you just found sus, done. That's it. You just pointed out stuff you found sus.

And you know who does that? Wolves. They find "sus stuff", yeet people, done. Wolves don't need to investigate, what they need is to eliminate people.

Do you understand now why I say you're not genuinely solving?

Solving isn't just about looking for posts to quote and say "that's sus". That is literally the first step.

Solving is about analyzing. Solving is taking new info generated over the course of the game and using it to modify your reads.

Isolated and Lissi had a back-and-forth to question each other and defend their claims. You were not paying attention, you were idly standing somewhere having idle thoughts like "oh hey what if the wolfteam were Grey/Sylvia/Reader/Gentleman :blobthinkingsmirk:". If you really found Isolated sus, why didn't you participate in the discussion and point out specific things he said that you thought were lies? Where was your conviction? Where was the townie panic brought by not knowing who is lying? You were indifferent. You barely cared about who was gonna get yeeted. Did you trust Lissi over Isolated, which is why you voted for him? How did the events in D1 shaped your read on Lissi? Did you ever think about them being wolfbuddies who were doing scumtheatre? If Isolated was "sus", what about Lissi then? Nope, you had no thoughts on Lissi at all. What you had to say about her were only:
    In short, you weren't reading her posts either, (considering how many times you've said now that you "still need to look back and reread") — even though she was one of the reasons why you voted for Isolated. Curious, isn't it? You learnt nothing from D1.

"Oh what, Isolated's actually town? Oops, my bad. Anyway, Nagashiro and Decora are really sus because...they sussed me. Wait, Decora wasn't sussing me because of the claim thing? My bad, my bad. But Nagashiro's still totally sus! Maybe." <- you in a nutshell.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    Grey_Angel likes this.
  9. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so confused about lissi and decora, you seems to be right. Why did decora suddenly take on the role of the villain? this makes it different in my eyes.

10. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you seriously asking that lol

Four people voted for Isolated yesterday: Tilg, Lissi, Decora, Clumsy.

Tilg and Lissi are people I townread. Decora is on the chopping block today. And who's left? :blobpeek:

Btw, the start of my investigation wasn't the people who were in Isolated's wagon. You caught my eye when I was making my readlist and I was looking at people who I thought were backseating at EOD.

11. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think about Decora's claim that Tilg is sus?

12. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how much more you want me to expand? I have all three reasons why I was sus of Isol and just because you keep asking me I can't bring something new. I had only three reasons what beside that I can expand? And who says townie won't repeat themself? If am townie and standing by it no matter how many times you ask me reasons of my actions I will always give the same answer I would have given at the start, that's what is natural for me.

And I have already said that questioning and stuff is not my forte and never have been. Isol gave a lukewarm response to my sus and then tried to start the wagon. I am not the type to keep prodding someone. I just feel that they might be avoiding it. That just how I play.

I was gone after I made that Sylvia and rer being sussy comment, so I didn't just stand there but I wasn't there. Isol didn't even replied to my last post so why would I be questioning him when I felt he was avoiding it and at the EOD too? I wasn't the one who didn't say anything to Isol, it was him who ignored it.

And about the last 3 posts. One was when asked right after my misunderstanding on Decora was cleared whom I would believe and I gave my answer based on meta.

Before quoting Lissi's posts I didn't remember her asking around questions and stuff that's why said that but when I did ISO'd her posts I saw she was indeed asking and making people talk.

13. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure and will continue to watch the two of them interact but tig just doesn't feel right to me. especially after voting for isolete.

14. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. Tho I won't be explaining now cause it will same stuff. We can just focus on Lissi and Decora today and you can lynch me on D3 then you will know it eventually. ::blobcatsad::

15. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying town can't repeat themselves. I'm saying town has a pyramid. Below your main reasons should be subreasons. You only have three blocks. That's not a pyramid; that's a...uh...an altar, I guess. There's nothing underneath your three reasons. Where are your subreasons? Yanno, the reasons why you found these "three sus points" sus enough to justify voting Isolated over, say, the low-posters? Or Nagashiro? Tilg? Decora? Devil?

16. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now , allow me to wall post ~

Since they both claimed Leoric and are accusing each other ,there must have been an attack unless both Lissi and Decora are Mafia and it also rules out that both Decora and Lissi are town .

Mafia Vs Town

It’s Decora Town and Lissi Mafia
    W.I.P

Or Decora Mafia and Lissi Town
    As Psyx said
    Decora has been more keen on asking why other people think that Lissi is towny and to give real arguments about it rather than her explaining why she felt mafia from Lissi’s behaviour. You should defend yourself and show why you are town instead of pushing

Mafia vs Mafia

Ofc , It could also be DecoraMafia and Lissi Mafia
    Here I would like to refer back to my post about Psyx and Clumsy. As Mentioned before this is applicable to any 2 parties or more.

Since Mafia chat is only available at night , that would give them time to cook up a plan.

Both Lissi and Decora are Mafia : Leoric didn’t attack , Silencer Used skill
    In both this and the next one , Leoric didn’t use skill but the silencer is the most important variable here. We have no way of knowing all that much about this only the silencer knows

Leoric didn’t attack , Silencer Did not use skill
    I feel that this is the most unlikely situation , the fact that the Silencer could stand up and announce that they did not use the skill would put both mafia members in peril of being lynched. After all the silencer can only use their skill once per game after the initial use they are a town member without a specific role.

Leoric attacked other Mafia member , silencer did use skill
    Therefore I would also like to know if Leoric can attack the mafia or themself

Could you explain a bit more about why is it against the rules for a mafia to hint to the other mafia with their posts that they are going to try creating a conflict between the two to appear less sus.

I would like a more detailed explanation from someone but especially for @c.decora about this.

Also Decora could you explain why you chose to check Tigl for the N1 ? Was it done on a whim or is there based suspicion here.

Clumsy Soul and Grey_Angel like this.
  17. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    I never sussed Tilga or Devil as far as I can remember. I only made one comment on how I will treat him mafia if he lives past D2 and have given reasoning behind it.
    Nagashiro, I wouldn't have sussed him tbh but he voted me for the reason he said would be sus indeed as in, "Inactives trying to avoid discussions are sus than the inactives who haven't shown at all".
    For Isol's, I let go of Claim reasoning because thought it might be a mistake or something. When he asked me to form a Lissi wagon and gave reason as to why to form it i.e. Lissi voting DA over self vote. I went back and checked it again and asked Lissi the question about it. Her reasoning was convincing as to why her sus was valid. Isol would have read it too but he still was on Lissi's wagon. Why wouldn't I have been sus of Isol then?

Decora, I already explained it was my mistake and I kinda connected her and Nagashiro as scum over that mistake but still the other reason she sussed me or others aren't good enough.

18. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    *Not to me particulary but in general, about Lissi's wagon.

19. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc Leoric can't attack themself or fellow mafia members.

As for hinting. Using any sort of code or hint in the thread is against the rule. They can only discuss about stuff on their night chat. Detailed reason I don't know, must be to avoid overthrowing game or something.

Grey_Angel likes this.
  20. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link