TV A Legend of Yunxi remake ?! What the hell ?!

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Vico, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    interesting. Maybe they'll follow the novel more? I heard there's 2 endings which confused people and it was sort of repetitive.

I only watched 4 episodes and I think I wasn't into the male lead's hair so I noped out LOL (like I remember complaining to my friend about it since he looks good in other dramas but somehow this styling not for me)

Though I do agree it seems odd they're making another adaption especially since it's not old

Vico likes this.
  3. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While not really knowing the novel or the drama adaptation, there is a simple reason: They have nothing else to do and think about making some cash.

It is easier to earn money on something that was already successful. Since they have nothing else to do, they figured they might as well do it a second time.

Perhaps there are some other issues, emotional, legal, or distribution issues but my first theory would be it has something to do with money.

4. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    jeez, if that’s so, they’re really not making any effort
    There are so many good books that could be adapted. Otherwise, if they really want to do remakes, there are many others that would be better choices : they could do a new Left Ear (I mean, I know there’s a supposed drama but it hasn’t been released after 7 years and it doesn’t look very good), Summer’s Desire (sorry but I was disappointed by the 2018 adaptation) or the Princess Weiyoung (one that would be faithful to the novel), Sound of Colors. Or they could use a foreign series (I’m surprised they still haven’t remade Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)

5. borer

borer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this is really popular they tend to remake them for cash. For example there have many adaptations of Journey to the West, Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Sabre, The Deer and the Cauldron, etc. every few years you will see an new adaptation. Money farm.

6. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those, I’m not surprised, these are classics (just like Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Les Miserables…) so it’s not really a surprise to see them remade. But Legend of Yunxi is quite recent so this is very unexpected.
    Or maybe we’re having a trend like Unrequited Love : plenty of remakes in very little time !

7. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't even release immortality, now they are making remake o_O

Vico likes this.