Spoiler I'm Done Being Your Bestfriend

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by quarantine is good, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. Daisy is crazy, she is projecting her anger and jealousy on Sienna when the latter didn't do anything against her. a true sociopath,

2. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully this hypocritical, self-righteous, and jealous woman will soon get her karma. Instead of being grateful even though it's not a biological child, you can get affection from your father and brother, get an abundance of luxury, but still make trouble there. According to other stories, those who are not biological children in their family must be ostracized, now her have love and her still jealous women.

3. lifelessbean

lifelessbean Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what will happen to daisy likeeeeeeee more pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

touch_thesky likes this.
  4. Just_Call_Me_Leanne

Just_Call_Me_Leanne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that dumb fake friend ya'know. Suffer.

Anyways gonna leave this here and camp for more spoiler.:aww:

5. shinjij

shinjij Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Post Order: 29 >> 32 >> 34 >> 37 >> 40

Why would a man with a family choose such an ending? Sienna was lost in thought until Rael pulled her back to reality. Rael asked if Sienna was thinking about the man who tried to stab her. Sienna asks if it was that obvious. Rael responds, “If you think about it, that’s the only recent issue that you would be concerned about.”

This was the first time Sienna had gone out since the attempted stabbing. Sienna decided to go a restaurant to show Nancy, her maid, that she was fine. Nancy was still worried about Sienna, and told her “You have to stay next to me, it’s still dangerous!”

Sienna wonders if anything would even happen in a restaurant, but answers faithfully since Nancy is worried about her.

Rael whistles, “The little lady is brave.” Nancy responds that she’s not little, and that she is only one year younger than Sienna. Rael says, “Lady Sienna seems to be about 30. Maybe older.”

Sir Bolton (Sienna’s original guard – Rael is the addition from Logan) reprimands Rael for their rude statement. But Sienna is just surprised. Rael said it like a joke, but it was accurate. Since Sienna had come to this life with her previous memories, she was thirty. After her birthday next month, she would be 31 years old.

Sienna says, “Do I look old? I thought I looked 18 when I looked in the mirror.”

Rael smiled brightly, “I agree. On the outside you look exactly your age.”

…Does that mean I seem like I’m 30 on the inside? Sienna is even more concerned with Rael’s seemingly flippant comment. No. Don’t think about it weirdly. Logan said something similar before. Although…Logan meant it like I was mature for my age, but Rael…

It was definitely weird. It was concerning that Rael’s smile was unreadable. Rael wasn’t like Nancy, who Sienna had known for a long time. This knight was a little odd. Rael was acting fearlessly towards me, who has a higher social standing. It seems like Logan sent her a unique guard.

But seriously, where have I seen this face before? Sienna ponders.

Sienna, Nancy, Rael, and Bolton start eating. As it is unusual for a lady’s maid and guards to be eating together, Rael asks if Sienna is close with “the help”. Nancy immediately responds, “Our miss is the best”.

Sienna sees Rael smiling quietly. Seeing Rael’s calm posture, Sienna realized where she had seen Rael before. To be exact, someone who resembled Rael. The Archmage Blanche’s portrait. (She saw the portrait during her museum date with Logan – post #29).

Now that she realized it, Rael looks exactly like Blanche in her portrait. Rael’s eye and hair color are different, but their face is exactly the same. Rael looked exactly like someone from 700 years ago. It was fascinating.

How would Rael react if they found out they looked exactly like the Archmage? Sienna mused.

The next day, Sienna was at Logan’s mansion. During their conversation, remembering what happened at the restaurant, Sienna asks Logan, “Do you by chance remember when we saw Blanche’s portrait at the museum? Don’t Rael and Blanche look the same?”

At Sienna’s question, Logan went through his memories, but shook his head. “I don’t really remember. At the time, I wasn’t concentrating on the art.”

“How come?”

At Sienna’s question, Logan made a small smile and said, “Because I was with you.”

Confused, Sienna tilted her head.

“I was too busy looking at you to see the art.”

Sienna laughs. She moves close to Logan and puts her arms around his neck and says softly, “I didn’t know you were watching me.”

Logan kisses Sienna’s cheek, and says “I couldn’t interrupt you since you were concentrating. Rather than the art, I liked looking at you more.”

At his affectionate words, Sienna laughed softly, and says wistfully, “I didn’t even realize…it didn’t even occur to me before then.”

Logan kisses Sienna. Afterwards, he asks, “What are you going to tomorrow? If you’re available, please give me your time.”

“I want to go back to the art museum.” The place where they had their first date. Sienna wanted to go back. This time, she didn’t want to enjoy the art alone. She wanted to enjoy it together with Logan.

The next day, Sienna was shocked when she arrived at the art museum. The museum was empty as Logan had booked the entire place.

“Wow, it’s my first time coming to an art museum,” Rael says.

Sienna responds, “There’s a piece here that you might find interesting Sir Rael.”

“Really? Like what?”

“There is someone who looks just like you in this museum.”

“Impossible! As if there is someone who is better looking than me.” [Rael says this humorously lol]. “Please keep what I said a secret from the Duke. Otherwise, he might keep me in check.”

“Keep you in check?”

“Since I’m better looking than the Duke.”

Luckily, Logan didn’t hear their conversation as he was speaking with the museum director. Otherwise, he would have realized that his guard wasn’t normal.

Sienna laughed at Rael’s response. Sienna and Rael converse as they walk towards the portrait. But as soon as they get to the portrait, Sienna stops laughing.

“What…”

“Miss, we don’t look alike at all.”

Sienna couldn’t rebut Rael's comment. The portrait in front of her had the same colors, but the face was completely different.

“That’s strange…”

“Here you are, Sienna,” Logan came up from behind and put his hand on Sienna’s shoulder.

Sienna held Logan’s hand, and asked if he thought the portrait was the one they saw last time. Logan reminds Sienna that he was too busy concentrating on someone else that day. She turns around to look at Rael, who had a solemn expression [because their employer was there lol].

Sienna soon forgot about Blanche’s portrait and concentrating on enjoying the other paintings.

While looking at the paintings, Logan asks Sienna, “How does it feel to come back for the first time in a while?”

“It’s nice. It’s interesting to see the new paintings as well.”

Logan checked Sienna face, and says seriously, “I’m glad that you’re having a good time. I was worried that…you might still holding what happened in your heart.” [He’s talking about the stabbing].

Sienna reassures Logan that she’s okay. It was a traumatic experience. And while there were certain aspects that were uncomfortable and suspicious, it wasn’t something to linger on for days on end. If anything, it was concerning that they couldn’t identify the person behind the stabbing.

Logan also suspected Daisy, “I’m certain that the Moore Family was behind it.”

“What could be the reason?” Sienna wondered. What could be the reason Daisy suddenly chose to use violence to harm me?

Sienna suddenly remembered what happened at Lady Roberts’ birthday party. [See post #34]. Daisy could be holding a grudge about what happened that day.

Logan didn’t know what happened at Lady Roberts’ birthday party, so Sienna quietly started to explain what happened that day.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  6. nyxter

nyxter New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like Rael quickly cast an illusion on the portrait lol

Pansy25 likes this.
  7. linab

linab Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!

8. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. Please give us more :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

9. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anymore spoilers please?

10. shinjij

Reading List:
    Link
    Post order: 29 >> 32 >> 34 >> 37 >> 40 >> 45

Chloe sends Sienna a request to visit out of the blue to tell Sienna that a whistleblower from Saint Maria Orphanage (the orphanage Sienna sponsors) alleged that the Head Manager of the orphanage was embezzling government funds for their personal gain. Moreover, that Lady Nelson (Sienna) was suspected of being involved in the embezzlement.

To add to the shock, Chloe shows Sienna a newspaper article where the whistleblower claimed to over hear a conversation between Sienna and the Head Manager about how the Head Manager could use Sienna's donation money however they wanted and that Sienna would just collect the interest at the end of the year. Sienna is bitter because she sponsored the orphanage to do some good, and now she was being accused of corruption.

Chloe tells Sienna that she believes that Sienna is innocent, but that Sienna should act quickly [to do damage control] since the media has already caught wind of the story. After Chloe leaves, Sienna debates on what the best plan would be, such as contacting the newspapers to prevent the false story for printing, contacting the newspaper that already issued the article, or finding the whistleblower. Luckily, she and Logan were supposed to meet so she decides to ask for his opinion on the matter as well.

Sienna arrives earlier than the appointed time to Logan's house. But, as soon as she arrives, the butler hurriedly takes her to Logan's office. Logan tells Sienna that he contacted the other newspapers and told (read: threatened - lol) them not to publish anything about this issue. Sienna is anxious because she knows this isn't an issue that will go away just by claiming that it is a baseless lie.

Justin suddenly butts into Logan and Sienna's conversation, "You don't know how worried His Grace was after seeing this article! He was about to drop what he was working on to go to you..."

"Justin. If that's what you're going to say then get out" (Logan).

"No, I'll be quiet," Justin quickly shut his mouth.

Sienna laughs, glad that she came to them instead of bearing this problem alone. She tells them that she hasn't talked to the Head Manager yet to find out whether the Head Manager was actually corrupted, or a victim like her. Sienna trusted the Head Manager to use her sponsorship money to do good, so it was hard to believe that the Head Manager would embezzle funds. If the Head Manager was corrupted, they wouldn't be able to avoid a trial.

Logan points out that Sienna is referenced in the article, but not associated with embezzlement of government funds; so it would be unlikely that she would be subject to investigation. However, Sienna knew that while she may not face legal trouble, people would freely gossip about her "fake sponsorship."

"I don't know what would cause that employee (the whistleblower) to create such lies."

"It could be a party that is against you, Lady," Justin interjects. "If an employee that you have no connection to, suddenly creates these falsehoods about you, then it's highly likely that someone is paying them to do so. This entire situation doesn't feel right."

Logan and Sienna look at each other, because they had just discussed this a few days ago. Could it be her? The attempted stabber had was gone now, so Logan and Sienna had lost the chance to investigate further. But, they want to stir things up again?

Logan and Sienna decide to hurry to the orphanage to talk to the Head Manager before the royal investigators arrived.

When Logan and Sienna confront the Head Manager, the Head Manager swears "My hands are clean! I've spent my own salary supporting this orphanage, how could I steal government funds for my personal use!"

Logan asks, "Head Manager, the article said that this orphanage was in poor condition. Explain."

"There was nothing I could do about our orphanage being in poor condition. The article is wrong." The Head Manager explained that, previously, all orphanages received the same amount of government funds, regardless of their size. Meaning, whether it was an orphanage with a few children, or 100 children, all orphanages got the same amount of money from the government. So it might not have been a big deal for smaller orphanages, but it wouldn't be enough help for large orphanages. It was only recently that the amount was change based on the size of the orphanage. Due to the disproportionate amount of government money, the orphanage never had enough money. There were even times where the Head Manager spent their own salary to keep the orphanage running.

The Head Manager also explained that they were able to keep the orphanage running because they saved a little of the government funds each month in case of an emergency. Also, that they had requested additional funding from the government but was denied every time.

"And now that the government recently increased their funding," Logan responded.

"That's right! We finally saw the light! And, at the same time Lady Nelson decided to sponsor us generously, so we finally had enough funds to operate comfortable. We were going to provide the children with better support, but..." the Head Manager trailed off bitterly.

Sienna asks, "What about that employee? Why would they say such a thing?"

The Head Manager explained that they and the employee recently had some friction. The Head Manager found the employee snooping around the spot where they kept the monthly savings safe. Eventually, the employee found the money, but the Head Manager caught them at the same time. The employee asked the Head Manager if he could borrower money due to personal circumstances. However, the Head Manager declined because they knew the employee was going to use it for alcohol and gambling. The Head Manager said that they got into a verbal argument because the Head Manager refused to loan the employee any money to the end.

"Then why would the newspaper article mention my name?" Sienna asked.

The Head Manager responded that they weren't sure because there was no reason for the employee to pay attention to Sienna.

The next day, Sienna received a summons to cooperate with the royal investigators' investigation of Saint Maria Orphanage's Head Manager. Sienna write Logan a letter letting him know, and he shows up to Sienna's house.

"Shall we go to the palace together?" Logan asks, face full of worry. Sienna responds that she'll go by herself since she is going as witness, and only has to answer questions. Sienna is comforted by Logan's presence, and hugs him promising that she would come straight to him and tell him everything as soon as it was over.

"Sienna..."

"So you have to work hard until I come, okay?"

The meeting at the royal investigators office included Sienna, the Head Manager, and the employee, Jack, a man who looked to be in his early thirties.

Jack kept saying that he definitely saw Sienna and the Head Manager talking. The royal investigator asked Jack, what Lady Nelson and the Head Manager talked about. Jack replied that Lady Nelson said she would loan the Head Manager money to operate the orphanage and collect the loan amount plus interest at the end of the year.

Sienna says "Instead of saying that you saw me, say exactly when you saw me. I didn't even go to the orphanage that many times in the first place." The Head Manager confirmed that Sienna only came to the orphanage about two times. Suspicious of the royal investigators, Sienna says "It's as if I am the one under investigation."

The royal investigators quickly apologize. Jack continues to act confidently, which makes Sienna suspicious.

Eventually, another investigator shows up with a box full of government stamped coupons (the government funds). The royal investigators use it as evidence against the Head Manager.

Then, another investigator shows up with a letter that was additional evidence. The royal investigator reads the letter and gives Sienna side eye glances. Before Sienna could say anything, the royal investigator hands the letter to Sienna saying that it was a letter she wrote to the Head Manager. Sienna is confused as to why a letter she wrote to the Head Manager would be considered evidence, since the only letters she sent were about meeting times and dates.

Sienna reads the letter, which says exactly what Jack was accusing her of. Even worse, the letter was in her handwriting. Sienna was shocked but pulled herself together, "This letter is a forgery. I've never sent this type of letter to the Head Manager."

The royal investigator responded, "Don't worry Lady Nelson, you won't receive any punishment regarding this matter. Your sponsorship has nothing to do with us." (The royal investigator is insinuating that Sienna is guilty of what Jack is saying.)

The royal investigators arrest the Head Manager. Afterwards, Sienna confronts Jack asking why he was doing this to her. Jack responds, "I am just saying what I witnessed. I worked up the courage to tell the truth."

Jack pretends like he didn't know the letter existed. When Sienna asked him if someone asked him to do this. Jack shuts up. Sienna asks Jack if he knows that it is a felony to commit a crime against a noble. Jack pretends like he didn't do anything, and quickly leaves saying that the investigation was over.

Sienna begins to think more deeply about the situation. She wonders if instead of her getting caught up in someone's scheme against the Head Manager, whether the Head Manager got caught up in a scheme against her. Sienna becomes more worried.

Suddenly one of the Queen's maids come up to Sienna, telling her that the Queen has summoned Sienna.

Sienna ends up having tea with the Queen, Crown Prince, and Chloe. Sienna is worried that she is interrupting their tea time. Chloe responds that the Queen herself wanted to talk to Sienna. The Queen says that she heard about the alpaca incident, and laughs that Sienna seem to be involved in a lot of incidents. Sienna is worried that she disappointed the Queen, but the Queen says "Would I have invited you here if I suspected you?"

Giving Sienna a warm look, Chloe adds, "Fighting, Lady Nelson! You'll do a good job this time too."

Sienna thanks them for believing in her, and tells them that she's going to reveal the truth no matter what.

Logan hugs Sienna as soon as she arrives, and asks "Are you okay? I was getting worried because it seemed like the investigation was getting long."

Sienna hesitates because she doesn't want to worry Logan, but tells him, "It's a long story...can we sit a talk?"

[Sienna's story starts off as a flashback:] As Chloe walked Sienna out after tea, Sienna told Chloe everything that had happened. Chloe yelled, "A FORGED LETTER?! ARE YOU SURE LADY MOORE ISN'T BEHIND THIS AGAIN?"" Chloe notes that if they've created false evidence, it means they're determined to bring Sienna down. Chloe tells Sienna that she will ask the Crown Prince to keep the letter's existence confidential.

Sienna tells Logan that she thinks they need to prove that the letter is fake, and also that the Head Manager is innocent. Because without either, Sienna would be in a bad position socially. (Remember, they are nobles so social status is very important.) Logan agrees. He tells Sienna that he will investigate Jack. Sienna says she will investigate the alleged embezzlement.

"Lady Grint (Chloe) thinks that there is someone behind Jack," Sienna says.

"Baron Hanks (Justin) is of the same opinion," Logan responds. "I also think so. This plan is too well planned out for this fellow, Jack, to have come up with on his own."

Sienna wonders why Daisy is doing this. The scale of her villainy was getting bigger to the point where everything before seemed like it was nothing.

Sienna is determined to expose Daisy this time.

Three days later, Sienna was on her way to meet the Head Manager, who was in jail. Sienna was thinking about the information that Jack had recently been hanging out at a casino, wondering where he got a large sum of money to go play at a casino.

Sir Rael asks Sienna if she wanted help. Sienna is confused. Sir Rael says, "If you want, I can fix everything in an instant."

Sienna laughs, "No, you don't need to help me. Just stick by my side."

Sienna meets with the Head Manager in the prison visitor's room. She tells the Head Manager that she thinks they are innocent, and that she is trying to collect evidence. She asks the Head Manager if Jack was behaving suspiciously before.

Eventually, the Head Manager says that they had several small arguments about money before. "I didn't mean to raise him that way..."

"What do you mean raise?" Sienna asks.

The Head Manager revealed that Jack was a child who grew up in the Saint Maria Orphanage, "He lost his way as a child. I got him a job at the orphanage so he would go down a bad path, but it ended up like this..."

The next day, Sienna hurried to Logan's after receiving a letter from the information guild. When she arrived, she saw bundles of documents on Logan's desk and felt bad, "I'm sorry, you're so busy because of me..."

"What are you talking about?" Logan asks.

"You're already busy with the business and territory, but all your focus is on me..."

"I'm doing what I should be doing. You don't have anything to apologize for, but I still have to hear the word 'sorry. What would you do if I was experiencing hardship?"

"Of course I would do anything to help you. You are my lover."

Logan nodded his head, happy with Sienna's answer. "What if I tried to give you money as thanks then?" Sienna made a face at his absurd remarks. "That's what I mean. I don't need to hear 'I'm sorry' or 'because of me...' when I'm doing this because you are my love."

"Then..."

"Just think of it as me doing what I should be doing. All you have to do see that I love you."

Sienna laughs.

"Since you made me sad, please give me a kiss as an apology" (Logan).

"I thought you said apologies weren't necessary between us?" (Sienna).

"You're a fast learner. I didn't think you would come out like this" (Logan).

"I'm pretty quick, aren't I?" Sienna laughs and lightly kisses Logan.

"...Can't you give me one more kiss?" (Logan).

"Nope," Sienna responds, and kisses Logan on the cheek.

Sienna tells Logan that she found out where Jack got the money from: the Cornell Merchant Guild. Sienna had expected the money to have come from Daisy's family, so this information was unexpected. Sienna tells Logan that since she knows Ella, the head of the Cornell Merchant Guild, she was going to ask about Jack directly.

Logan tells Sienna that he found the forger, and that he would have the evidence ready by trial. (Three days left until the trial).

"Lady Nelson is here to see you, Owner," an employee of Cornell Merchant Guild knocked on Ella's door.

"What?"

Sienna heard something breaking through the door. As she entered Ella's office, she expected to see a mess on the floor, but it was clean. The only thing out of place was Ella's ridiculously shocked face.

Ella awkwardly shook her hand, "Good morning."

Sienna laughed awkwardly because it was three in the afternoon. Sienna apologizes for coming unannounced, and asks Ella about Jack. Ella replies that Jack is a common name. Sienna describes Jack, and Ella responds that she can't just give away a customer's personal information.

Sienna was trying to think of how to get Ella to give her the information, when Ella says to Sienna, "That necklace, you wore it last time too." Ella was referring to the blue diamond necklace Logan gave her. "In fact, I think you wore it the first time we met as well, right?"

Sienna replies, "It's the necklace I wear the most often."

"It must have been a gift from the Duke?"

As Sienna touched her necklace, Ella let out a suspicious laugh. "If you let me borrower that, I'll tell you."

Sienna responds, "No, this is the first gift I received from the Duke."

Ella says "Then it has even more meaning." Sienna is suspicious of Ella's intentions, especially because of what happened with the ring last time. Ella promises to return the necklace in one week.

Ella eventually tells Sienna that Jack borrowed 1 million Belis (currency), at a high interest. Ella asks why Sienna wanted to know. Sienna tells Ella that Jack suddenly received a lot of money and was going to the casino.

Ella clicks her tongue saying, "I wonder if we're even going to get the principal amount back. He's supposed to pay interest too." But to Sienna, it looked like Ella was having fun.

Sienna attended Countess Diaz's saloon. She ran into Daisy there.

"You must be having such a hard time, but you came," Daisy feigned concern, sitting next to Sienna.

"Since Lady Diaz sent me an invitation," Sienna responded.

"You did well in coming," Daisy said, acting as if she were the host of the saloon.

Sienna continues to be polite because they are in public.

Daisy and Simone ask Sienna why she chose to sponsor an orphanage, when she could have sponsored artists or musicians like Lady Diaz. Lady Roberts defends Sienna saying that there are already a lot of people that sponsor artists and musicians. Lady Diaz nods in agreement with Lady Roberts.

"The mood is so troubling lately. I can't believe there are so many people that think you did this. You didn't really do it, right?" Daisy says.

"I didn't, otherwise would I really go around like this after pretending to sponsor an orphanage? Don't you know my personality the best, Daisy?" (Sienna).

"Of course, since I've known you for a long time," Daisy laughed in the middle of every one's silence. Even the host, Lady Diaz, maintained her silence. Daisy set down her tea cup and said, "But you know, people are bound to change. And in my opinion, you're quite different from before."

"So you think that I actually faked my sponsorship?" (Sienna).

"I think it's possible."

Lady Beth interjected, "Lady Moore, the trial hasn't even begun. Your words are extreme."

"My apologies, but as someone who has known Lady Nelson for a long time, I can't help but feel that way. Isn't it weird? Why would Sienna pretend to sponsor an orphanage? The reason she loaned money to the Orphanage and pretended like it was a sponsorship."

"Lady Moore," Lady Roberts tried to stop Daisy.

"Wasn't it to gather fame? She received a good response when she first announced she would be sponsoring the orphanage."

"I may have changed, but I wouldn't do something so unconscionable," Sienna responded calmly.

Still smiling, Daisy says, "Is that so? Unlike before, it seems like you care a lot about public opinion. This dress is also thanks to you." Daisy was insinuating that Sienna liked attention so she pretended to sponsor the orphanage. Daisy continued, "After this incident, I
    was thinking, that stabbing incident...did you plan that yourself?"

"What?" (Sienna).

"Lady Moore," Lady Roberts warned.

"I planned the stabbing myself? I couldn't sleep for days after that incident. You even came to visit me because you were worried," Sienna replied coldly.

"I did, then. Because I thought you would be having a hard time. But after this fake sponsorship, how can I not question your sincerity? There were guards at the event so you were safe anyways" (Daisy).

"What would I gain by doing that?" (Sienna).

"You already experienced it, right? Sympathy." (Daisy).

"Stop, stop this right now. Even if it is before the trial, Lady Moore's words are too much," Lady Diaz finally spoke to put a stop to the conversation.

"I'm sorry, I was so worried about Sienna. My apologies Lady Diaz." (Daisy).

Sienna invites everyone at the saloon to attend the trial. Sienna tells Daisy that after the trial she demands an apology.

11. shinjij

Reading List:
    Link
    Post order: 29 >> 32 >> 34 >> 37 >> 40 >> 45 >> 50

I didn't want to leave anyone in too much suspense re: the trial lol

The day of the trial.

The Head Manager denies embezzling funds from the Orphanage. The Head Manager states that they set aside funds in anticipation of future money problems, not for personal use. As evidence the Head Manager points to the money the investigators found, stating that in addition to the government papers, there should be cash. That cash was from the Head Manager's personal funds, and that when the orphanage was in trouble, the Head Manager used their personal funds to help.

Jack objects, stating that there is no way to tell from looking at the money because the government paper, cash, and Sienna's sponsorship money were all mixed together.

Sienne interjects, providing an accounting of the orphanage's funds. Sienna adds that Jack's statements that she loaned money to the Head Manager was slander, because Sienna gave the orphanage money purely for sponsorship.

Jack insists that he is just saying what he saw, trying to get out of the situation.

Logan asks Jack, "Are you going to continue, when there is a witness?"

"What...?" (Jack).

The judge asks Logan who the witness is, and Logan says, "It is the person who forged Lady Nelson's letter."

The judge asks the Forger if he is the one who created the fake letter. The Forger admits that he is, and identifies the fake letter as his work. When the judge asks the Forger why he did it, the Forger tells the judge that Jack promised him a big reward.

Jack claims that he has never seen the Forger before.

But Logan asks the Forger whether he knows the contents of the fake letter. The Forger admits that he does, and that Jack brought him Lady Nelson's letters to practice. The Forger tells the court that if you look closely at the letters, you can see marks from his practicing writing in Lady Nelson's handwriting. The Forger also brings out several pieces of paper show that he practiced how to write like Lady Nelson's.

Before the trial, Sienna saw that Daisy was smiling confidently. But Daisy wasn't smiling any more.

The judge returned stating that letter in question was forged, as the practice papers that the Forger brought had the exact same content as the fake letter the investigators found. The judge asks Jack, "Why did you forge Lady Nelson's letter and create a false story?"

After a while, Jack answered "Because I wanted people to know about the Head Manager's corrupt activities." When the judge asked why he implicated Lady Nelson, Jack replied, "I'm sorry towards Lady Nelson, but I thought that more people would be interested if she were involved."

Sienna didn't believe Jack. The judge also didn't appear to believe Jack, as he asked, "Why did you make this into such a big issue?"

Jack replied that he had a personal vendetta against the Head Manager. Jack claimed that he wanted people to know that the Head Manager abused the children at the orphanage.

The Head Manager immediately denied Jack's allegation. Jack continued to claim that the Head Manager abused him, and the other children of the orphanage, and said "I acknowledge that I caused Lady Nelson harm because of my personal issue. But I did it because I didn't think anyone would care."

"Does a lady of the marquis look so easy? You will pay for defaming a noble. I guarantee it in the name of Duke Harrison," Logan responded to Jack coldly. The judge agreed with Logan.

"I will pay for my crime...but the Head Manager's corruption is true," Jack continued.

Jack continued to accuse the Head Manager of embezzlement, including purchasing personal property using the orphanage funds. But, the Head Manager explained that they were looking at houses for single mothers, not for personal use.

Sienna asks Jack if he has evidence, and determines that Jack just has suspicions but no proof. Sienna states that Jack is "making unsupported claims. However, there was actual evidence that Jack used government money for personal gain."

"While investigating, I discovered that you (Jack) borrowed money from the Cornell Merchant Guild and spent it at a casino, I also found records that you used government money," Sienna continues pointing out Jack's poor character.

"That's items for the orphanage that I bought under the Head Manager's directions. Since the Head Manager sends employees on errands."
    (Jack).

"You converted government checks to gold though? So, you're saying that the Head Manager told you to exchange the checks for gold?" (Sienna).

The judge raised his eyebrow and asked the Head Manager, "The checks were converted to gold? I didn't see that on the [evidence] register earlier."

"I also found record that Jack purchased a bed with the government checks. I suppose we'll find the bed if we go to Jack's house, and the rest of the government checks." Sienna pointed her finger at Jack, "The person who embezzled money isn't the Head Manager, it's Jack."

After a while, the judge said "The plaintiff alleged that the defendant, Mary, used government funds for her personal gain, however, there is insufficient evidence to support that claim. It is difficult to find that the hidden funds were used for personal profit. Rather, evidence against the plaintiff has been discovered. As such, the defendant is not guilty."

The judge hit his gavel three times and ended the trial.

The judge notified Jack that he would receive a notice of charge regarding defamation of a noble and embezzling government funds. Jack quickly leaves the court.

Logan holds Sienna's hand, and they smile at each other. Sienna asks Logan to wait as there is one thing left to do.

"You really came, Daisy. How was the trial?" (Sienna).

Daisy looked confused.

"Don't you have something to say to me?" Sienna reminds Daisy.

Remembering what happened at Lady Diaz's saloon, Daisy furrowed her brow. But quickly changed her face to a smile, "Thank goodness the trial results were good."

"That's not it. You know what I want to hear, Daisy," Sienna was determined to receive an apology. Creating a scheme to pretend to harm myself was too much. And Daisy probably spread rumors everywhere she went.

"What are you doing here, Lady Nelson?" Chloe came up to Sienna.

"There's something I need to finish talking to Daisy about," Sienna replied with a small smile.

In response, Lady Cruz clapped her hands, and loudly enough for everyone in the court to hear "Oh! Lady Moore needs to apologize right? I heard it from Lady Roberts!"

Making an uncomfortable face, Daisy said "That's right. I'll come to the Marquis Estate later..."

"What apology," Logan interrupted.

Chloe, one of the few people who could respond comfortably to the Duke, said "Oh my, Duke! How could you not know about what happened at Lady Diaz's saloon?"

Sienna quickly scanned the courtroom to see who was there. Heidi, Lady Roberts, Lady Simone, Lady Beth and her mother Countess Beth, Lady Diaz, and Lady Parker, who all attended Lady Diaz's saloon were still present. It was enough witnesses to shame Daisy.

"Aren't we being a little too loud," Sienna pretended to try to stop Chloe. "I was just trying to quietly talk with Daisy..."

"What are you doing about! Of course people should know!" Lady Cruz said loudly.

Feeding off Lady Cruz, Chloe continues, "Do you know what Lady Moore said at Lady Diaz's saloon? That the stabbing incident was something Lady Nelson planned herself."

The entire courtroom fell silent. Daisy was making every effort to appear calm, but her eyes were shaking.

"What did you just say?" Logan said with a frighteningly cold face. "I think I heard you incorrectly, say it again?"

Chloe responds, "She said that she was suspicious that Lady Nelson set up the stabbing incident at the sponsorship event. So that Lady Nelson could witn people's sympathy..."

"Wait a minute, Lady Grint. You weren't event the event. It seems like you heard what happened from someone else, and are exaggerating what was said" Daisy interrupted Chloe.

"I don't particularly think she's exaggerating," Lady Beth said and summarized what happened at Lady Diaz's saloon."

"And so Lady Nelson is asking for an apology. After the rumor was proved to be false," Lady Robert added.

"I tried to be some what considerate, because you were previously friends with Lady Nelson, but it seems you've crossed the line," Logan finally said. "I don't know what both you and that fellow Jack act without thought. We aren't engaged yet, but messing with Lady Nelson means you're messing with me. Is Duke Harrison's name so laughable to you?"

"It's not that, Duke!" Daisy said desperately. "I said it because I was worried about Sienna. I was once close with Sienna, how could I do something to harm her?"

"Please stop lying, Lady Moore," Lady Beth interjected. "How many times have we met since that newspaper article came out? I think we met at almost every event that I attended. What did you say ever time? From my memory, you said you were shocked that Lady Nelson lied about the sponsorship."

"Oh my, you did that at an event I attended as well...it seems like you did it at every event?" (Chloe).

"How could you interpret my intentions like that? I was simply curious" (Daisy).

"I won't fall for your lies any more," Lady Beth responded. "The first time I felt like something was off was during the ball we hosted last year." (The one where Daisy ridiculed Logan for being a commoner but Chloe's father yelled at them "Do you know who that is?!") "It seems like Lady Moore has a lot of emotions towards Lady Nelson. Otherwise, how could you create controversy [around Lady Nelson] every time?" [Note: Lady Beth is insinuating that Daisy is hatefully targeting Sienna]

"It seems she spread the bad rumors about Lady Nelson everywhere," Lady Cruz commented.

"Now that I think of it, you caused a scene at our ball as well," Lady Parker added.

"...I think I told you that I was scared out of my mind at the time..." Daisy said.

"But it's hard to believe whether that's the truth. If I consider Lady Moore's behavior thus far," Lady Parker replied.

"It...it's true that I was wrong, but I'm flustered that you told me in this manner. I don't know why you would suddenly do this in a place like this..." Daisy started crying.

"My words made you flustered?" Lady Parker furrowed her brow. "Lady Nelson almost died, but you accused her of planning the stabbing herself. Shouldn't you take responsibility for what you said? It seems that you haven't reflected at all."

"Does it look like I haven't reflected? I'm genuinely reflecting on my actions" (Daisy).

"For someone who says they are reflecting, Lady Moore, you seem quite angry," Chloe astutely noted; as Daisy's voice was quite loud for someone who was allegedly sorry.

Daisy realized she made a mistake, and said "I am sorry Lady Parker. I was agitated. Please don't get angry." (Refresher, Lady Parker is close with the Queen).

Lady Beth asks Lady Simone and Lady Watson if they didn't think something was weird when they were the two that saw Daisy up close. Lady Watson immediately yells that she doesn't know anything about this since she didn't even go to Lady Diaz's saloon.

Sienna almost laughs at Lady Watson's immediate betrayal, wondering how good Lady Simone, Lady Watson, and Daisy's friend really is. Truthfully, Sienna wanted to use this incident to completely isolate Daisy, just like Daisy did to her in her past life. But Sienna decides not to act on it. Since the only thing she learned from Daisy was how to be fake, wouldn't it be better to act fake now?

"Daisy," Sienna calls. Daisy looks at Sienna with tears in her eyes. Sienna continues, "I think the person you need to apologize to is me."

Daisy furrowed her brow, probably wondering what that was about. But Sienna is aware that they are in public, and decides to play the nice girl.

"I was angry at Lady Diaz's saloon because you questioned my good intentions. So I wanted you to apologize after I was shown to be innocent...but maybe I was n too much of a hurry. I didn't have to receive an apology here." (Sienna).

"..." (Daisy). Daisy was shaking, as if she were pushing down her anger.

"I consider it as though I received an apology. Seeing you like this, doesn't make me feel good." (Sienna).

"No, I don't think so," Logan said, seemingly still angry. "If you let it go, Lady Moore will just do the same thing again."

"Duke..."

"Apologize to Lady Nelson this instant," Logan demanded.

"I'm sorry Sienna...for all the bad things I said about you...I apologize" (Daisy).

"Is that it?" Logan said coldly.

"I'm really sorry. My thoughtless remarks were hurtful. I accused you of wanting fame over your sponsorship...and thoughtlessly said things about the unfortunate event at your sponsorship ceremony. But, I didn't have any bad intent...! It was just...I didn't think things through...I'm sorry." (Daisy).

Her insincere lies were obvious, but Sienna didn't want to spend any more time with Daisy. It was time to end this. "Alright, Is long as you understand. I'll forget about what you did, so I hope you don't worry about it too much any more."

Logan asks Sienna if she's really okay. Sienna tells him, "Yes, since this corruption issue is settled now. I hope things go well from now on. I want to keep sponsoring them."

As soon as Sienna said she was fine, she ran out of the courtroom.

Sienna realized she forgot about the Head Manager, and went to congratulate her and offer words of encouragement. (The Head Manager missed the timing to leave because they are not a noble).

12. LittleStar_Stay

LittleStar_Stay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping here. I love this story

13. Hazel123

Hazel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Next spoiler please. This story is really good

14. Jang man wol

Jang man wol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a raw for this novel :aww:

15. Honeydew Summer

Honeydew Summer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers!! This is onenof the most fruitful spoiler thread Ive ever visited!!!!

More spoilers pleaseee

16. rchen106

rchen106 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More detailed and better spoilers please

rOeV likes this.
  17. Latarana

Latarana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can also take i will divorce the female lead’s siscon brother.
    Liena is like Daisy :/

18. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the reminder/warning!
    Do you perhaps have a theory or an idea why bad bitches like Daisy or Liena are so hostile towards and possibly jealous of the FL who is either a good friend or wants nothing to do with them & their object of desire?
    The easy answer would be that they are just cartoonish stock characters/one dimensional plot device who can't help but envy and hate the FL/MC of the FanRomDra Story.