Looking for Work [Paid] JTL looking for a group

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Serillia, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Serillia

Serillia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As title says, I'm looking for a group. I used to translate manga with groups for some years, but I've burnt out a little with the tedious process scanlation can be. I've since thought to move over to the novel side of things and am looking for a group to get in with.

I'm a JTL and I like learning and using my knowledge via translating. Good to see you guys. :)

2. ddadain

ddadain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe put the language you TL from in the title, like... "[Paid] Chinese/Korean/Japanese TL looking for a group".

Easier to get attention.

3. xuexxi

xuexxi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it’s better to look for a group on your own, it depends on what genre u translate bc a lot of groups have certain genres they do more/are more known for! perhaps u might want more well known groups too bc more traffic > more page views and u can find editors more easily

4. Luukia

Luukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not how it works in novel. In scans, a translator spot not always open in a group but for novel translation, it's not that there's a "group" per say. It's more like an orphanage instead. Group site like foxaholic, travis, otakuTL, they are like an orphanage and you as an orphan, can live (post your translation) in their site. Most site accept all genres and language but some site only accept certain genre like CG only accept BL.

When you're in a scan group, you work together to produce scanlated chapter but for novel... most of the times you only work alone. At most you might have editor or proofreader but usually the group doesn't provide that for you. You need to find your own editor yourself.

While in scan you usually get assigned which manga or choose which manga to tl out of the group's selection, in novel you choose everything on your own. Find your raw on your own too. No one managing you in novel group.

Well actually you can advertise yourself like this too but all site always have open slot for translator so it's better if you just pick which one you want.

Xian-laoshi likes this.
  5. iNoveltranslation

iNoveltranslation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi hit me up on Storm#9151, we are looking for a JTL.