Spoiler Koukyuu no Karasu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Celo, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Celo

Celo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Type
    Light Novel (JP)

Genre

Fantasy Historical Horror Mystery Shoujo
    Tags
    Adapted to Anime Ancient China Beautiful Female Lead Ghosts Helpful Protagonist Imperial Harem Magic

Associated Names
    Quạ chốn hậu cung
    The Raven of the Inner Palace
    The Raven Consort
    Kōkyū no Karasu
    後宮の烏

Language
    Japanese

Author(s)

Shirakawa Kouko
    Artist(s)
    Ayuko

Year

Status in COO

7 Volumes (Complete)

Description

Uki is an imperial concubine who has never been called to the emperor's bed chambers, and maintains a singularly unique life within the harem chambers. Seen by some as having the appearance of an old woman, and some others as a young lady, she is known to use mysterious magic that helps with everything from finding lost items to inflicting curses. When a circumstance makes the emperor call on her, their meeting will change history.

(ANOTHER)

Description

Deep within the inner palace, there lives a special consort called the “Raven Consort” who does not serve the Emperor. Some of those who saw her say she is an old woman, while others say she is a young girl. It is said that she wields mysterious magic and accepts any request from curse killings to finding lost things. The current Emperor, Koushun, visits her with a certain favor. No one knows that their encounter is a taboo that will overturn history.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    anime adaptation in october right?

4. hana0yuki

hana0yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some small spoilers, courtesy of my friend:
    [+] The female lead can use some kind of magic. It could do many things but require a price. For example, if you want to curse someone to their death then you need to offer a life in return; if you want a blessing/prayer then trade it with part of your wealth/fortune/material possessions; if you want to find lost items then the price can be negotiated.
    [+] As you can see from her title "Raven Consort", those who use this kind of magic are being shun and are seen as ominous.
    [+] The current emperor was once a deposed crown prince (he was the crown prince, then got stripped of said title, then became the emperor).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  5. Vagabond00

Vagabond00 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this series have a romance?

Naenia likes this.
  6. Opelia

Opelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler plis

7. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any spoilers?

8. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers? The snippets I've seen from the anime made me curious about this...

peach.pudin likes this.
  9. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they end up together in the end?

10. NovelenthusiastIDK

NovelenthusiastIDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm once again asking for the spoilers. Seriously tho the anime is great so we can probably count on the translation to be steady. Besides, it must have been a pretty popular novel to get adapted. Btw I found this gorgeous looking site that seems to be an official site of the anime https://kokyu-anime.com/

Dianatouille and Opelia like this.
  11. WoonaOnTheMoon

WoonaOnTheMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I went to read the reviews for the last volume and no. I can't tell whether mc and emperor had romantic feelings for each other or simply platonic ones but people generally agreed that the novel wasn't really a romance-centred novel. It ends with the mc leaving the inner palace and travelling the world so readers said that while it was a sad ending where she had to part with her friends this was also the best one where she could finally be free from the political intrigues.

darkcrystal and Dianatouille like this.
  12. Dianatouille

Dianatouille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came here looking for spoilers after watching the current eight episodes from the anime and I must say that if she truly frees herself from the inner palace and goes to the outside world without her burden of Winter King, I would consider it as a happy ending for her. Since the beginning, romantic issues between her and the emperor seem kind of doomed and I kind of like it how they're developing their friendship and she's opening up to more people and leaving her isolation. Besides, she cares for the past Raven Consorts so achieving the freedom she deserves would truly be more meaningful to her and the weight of being a Raven Consort than simply be for real a part of the harem.

I would like to know more about the goddess and how she will broke her bound to the goddes and step outside the palace at the end.