Discussion Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Yoga vs sport exercise

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm getting interested in those, but I also want to exercise ehm more energertically like in sports or more active martial arts. Should I try a bit of both or just stick to one.
    Are the benefits of the title 3, body control, breathing and meditation better than just traditional exercise? Do they even come up if you don't practice for hours daily instead of just recreationally?
    Also your thoughts on doing those from home by watching videos, I don't a lot of options in my area. I know...martial arts from a video, but temporary it's not bad? I'm not expecting self defense from it, just health benefits.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  2. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best advice I ever got was to pick something I liked. Every exercise has benefits. People claiming to be experts will argue about what's best until long after the zombie apocalypse gets us all. If you like it, do it. If you need a change, change. Don't get caught up finding something perfect. That's the greatest enemy of good.

ForeLeave Clover and Jojo775 like this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you victim of advertisements~ to get result you need make it routine, so really depend on your aim~ less ya practice it more difficult to gain benefit~
    one of legend about kung fu, a monk from india create it to make shaolin monks move around so they not sleepy because of they rarely move their body~
    tai chi (those practice by elderly) seem slow easy to follow, but anyone who ever practice traditional dance (asian cuz this cat is asian cat) know how slow move can be quite challenge for your body~ just move around is easy but it will appear fugly~ on western part like practice waltz~ cuz tai chi is martial art there more health benefits compare just learn dance~ on dance, you do learn breath control, balance, body control depend on the type~ still martial art good on general sense if you aim that thing~
    yoga the exercise not the meditation one is.....

this cat is lazy to type
    you may as well learn dancing

Jojo775 likes this.