We Still Have Fools That Think Needless Plastic Surgery Is A Good Thing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Apr 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but that's bullshit.

If you want to live life without criticism then go live in a cave.

This is not about judging people's way of life, it is about the documented and proven dangers of plastic surgery.

If Plastic Surgery was the great panacea then South Korea will top the Happiness index instead of the suicide index.

I am sure you will also tell me we should not criticize people for being obese when there is irrefutable evidence that Obesity will kill them with linked diseases like diabetes and heart disease.

Saying people should seek mental health treatment for self esteem issues or body dysmorphia is not criticising people 's way of life.

Your argument has no ground. It is no different from saying that taking a sick infectious person to the hospital is bullying.

Answer to Why did Michael Jackson undergo so much plastic surgery? by Christine Herman https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Micha...0&share=0e390558&srid=UQXJ&target_type=answer

Actually, the Korean beauty look is just glowing or shiny makeup its not plastic surgery but it gives a plasticky look.
    It's called Glass Skin

The story about kids looking different from parents is a hoax that ruined a female model's life.

To me the issue is that when plastic surgery is standardized the Korean look that it popularized isn't Korean.

It's the same with how Thai and Filipino dramas are casting stars of European(Caucasian) descent almost exclusively. It paints an unrealistic picture of the demographic since a large number of the population are dark skinned and looks like Africans

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    SwordEmpress likes this.
  2. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you should offer is a solution. You keep thinking of all the bad things and criticizing all these things like that you'd made you feel better. Does putting this down and plastic surgery and all those who did that makes you a better person? Is there a need for it? No, unless you have a solution. You criticizing is a useless opinion that you create to make yourself feel great about yourself and honey it seems like you need therapy more than those who did plastic surgery, atleast they did something they know would have made themselves less miserable than before. Happiness is a temporary state of kind, same as all emotions and if you never knew that then stop reading your fastasy novels and read law of attraction like power of now or self enhance books. No one is happy all the time but you can do something about it, and those people they actually did. The times when platic surgery is bad when you go to a bad doctor and it all goes wrong.

Just be honest, you just want to put down people who did plastic surgery for no reason at all. Trying to argue when someone disputes, seems like you're not asking for opinion but just being a push over. To clearly believe that people who wants needless plastic surgery are fools seems like a bigger idiot themselves. Nothing is wrong for wanting beauty, who don't want to be beautiful. Some wants to accept themselves while others wants to excel higher, that happens in every field. I bet you dont even know the show "Let Me In", see how plastic surgery helped all those women feel better about themselves. Technically plastic surgery is used for corrective surgery in the face, if you have a wrong bite, jaw misalignment, nose deformity or drooping nose, dropping eyelids, when those are corrected they improve your appearance close to the standard beauty, even if those are necessary operation, it is still at the end of the day plasic surgery. Arguing how wrong this is, is how wrong you are. You are in no place to criticize those who are fine with plastic surgery when you don't even know the reason.

My mom does not like needles in any form and wants to have natural wrinkles like my grandma and that is fine. My aunt wants to have a youthful face and invested in face lifting machines for herself, got a beauty technician certificate for her pursuit of beauty and that is fine too. They both look beautiful in their own way.

3. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You obviously did not read my post. You are prejudiced and you making up things I didn't say.

You can deny it all you want.

Plastic surgery does not fix self esteem issues and body dysmorphia.

I simply said those who are promoting needless plastic surgery are horrible people.

I never mentioned people who underwent plastic surgery.

I feel sorry for you.

This is a mental health issue and thanks to these spoiled generation that don't want anyone to disagree with them, me pointing out that mental health issues should be treated by mental health professionals lead to me having to read your garbage.

I am raising awareness for mental health.

Maybe if people like you stopped for a second and read what I actually wrote we would have less suicides instead of burying your heads in the sands and pretending that if you ignore a problem and say everything is fine, mental health issues magically disappear.

I feel sorry for you. Put who down?
    I made a tribute for Sulli.

Dont project your issues and insecurity on me

I recommend that you visit a therapist. You need it

4. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So if
    So if someone tells you to jump over the bridge you will do it?
    For someone who gives emphasis on mental health issues.....
    Don't say it is for Sulli because her reason is way deeper than that, stop she is more than that. Her music and her image that she wants to show to her fans, she wanted to be authentic to herself but the fans couldnt accept it. The company not supporting her. Dude so much.

5. ColdKarma

ColdKarma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nowadays people has an unrealistic sense of what is a normal level of beauty.
    If you look into what people thought was beautiful in the past you will see completely different photos of what people consider to be beautiful now.
    This often happens because of photos on social media of people who did have plastic surgery or photoshopped the image to try to make people think that they look pretty. That level of beauty is completely unrealistic. When a someone who is not as beautiful as the people in those pictures see this of course they are going to do something about it if the solution is right in front of their faces. Most of the time female teenagers are victims of this. It should not be normal for a kid to feel pressured to change their face!
    Not to mention plastic surgery can be dangerous!
    In South Korea there is no legal minimum age to have plastic surgery.
    Furthermore many people there even recommend people to have plastic surgery in their late teens.
    I think it is fine to have plastic surgery however there should definitely be a minimum age!

sidenote: Anyone that has a health issue or a disfigurement should be allowed to have plastic surgery at anytime.

although i know nothing about wujigege's motive for making this thread i know that there are many problems with plastic surgery and that wujigege should not have to go to therapy because he is addressing this issue!

sidenote: wujigege i am not sure where you get your information from nor do i know if it true or fake however i do know that you should check the credibility of your sources and i also know that both youtube and wikipedia are not credible sources nor is the beijinger!

another sidenote: no hard feelings guys

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this is quite something, it feel like they have templates for face which resulted on they really have similar face~ like a siblings~

7. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know two people who had minor surgery to improve their appearance: one had her protruding ears flattened and the other had the gap between his teeth shortened. In both cases, they were being bullied for their appearance.
    I can understand why they chose to have surgery.

ColdKarma likes this.
  8. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rammstein recently released a new critical and funny (disgusting) song about plastic surgery. I linked a reaction video, because it has english subtitles.

9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't fix the problem. If they go to another location that bullies them for another thing will they have more work done?

This scratching the surface and not fixing the real problem: its a mental issue.

Bullying also needs to be punished.

Having others decide your life has disastrous consequences later in life.

Beauty standards are in flux. I am sure there is a place that their old appearance is seen as the most beautiful.

You can understand it yes but they need therapy.

I don't think their seld esteem issues has been resolved. It is but a temporary fix.

Covering a leak with a band-aid is just delaying the inevitable

My sources are not YouTube lol. I have CNN and NPR(I changed it to ABC) sources.

The Bejinger source is more for laughs lol. I was part of the forum thread on wuxiaworld so you can call it first hand knowledge lol

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/06/7037...orset-and-reject-their-countrys-beauty-ideals

http://cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/10/asia/south-korea-ghost-doctors-plastic-surgery-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

Plastic surgery is a medical procedure. It is ridiculous that people find it acceptable that non-medical professionals(patients) are deciding the treatment they need.

You won't go and remove your kidney because of bullying would you?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  10. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I 100% agree. Even if you "improve" your appearance with plastic surgery, there will always be another part of you that's seen as ugly by the people surrounding you. They didn't dislike their appearances from the outset, it was the constant harassment by students that lowered their self-esteem and the ability to trust in their own descisions.
    I definitely should've been more supportive than I was.

Side note, sadly therapy is generally looked down upon where I live, so a lot of people don't seek help as much as needed.

Wujigege likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I am getting attacked here and said to be judging just because I recommended therapy. I never called out anyone but some crazy people who think hedonism has no negative consequences attack anyone who recommends restraint.

I dread to think what someone who had plastic surgery will do when they have a lover or spouse who is emotionally abusive, essentially a bully.
    More plastic surgery to please the toxic spouse? It will be a neverending cycle.

Giving people what they want is a recipe for disaster especially when they are not making informed or rational decisions.

We need prescriptions for drugs, plastic surgery should be the same.

I want to eat 500 Snickers a day and I believe it will make me happy. It does not make it healthy or a good decision because" I want it ".

I will listen to a nutritional or doctor and let their advice supersede my want.

I changed my mind. I should judge someone who had plastic surgery by repeating their own words:
    She again landed in the entertainment headlines in 2011 when she underwent bimaxillary osteotomy surgery (or jaw realignment surgery), reportedly because she felt making her strong jawline "slimmer and more rounded" would give her a "younger, softer, more feminine" look, which would result in more acting roles.[15][12][16] Shin later spoke candidly that she regretted having undergone the procedure for pure cosmetic purposes, saying the public should be better informed about the pain and danger associated with the invasive surgery.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Eun-kyung

12. bethatcat

bethatcat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

You are mistaken in your anger. Plastic surgery is a symptom of the disease, not the disease itself. Consider WHY so many people feel compelled to undergo body modification to cure their "dysmorphia" as you put it.

You act as if the people going under the knife are idiots who don't understand the risks. THEY DO. And they've made the decision, that it's worth it. That says a lot to me. Who are you to decide that the psychological pain that theyre in, so severe that they would go to a plastic surgeon to solve it, is foolish? It's very real.

13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Who are you to dismiss medical professionals for pointing out an issue.

You can only use ad hominem attacks because your points have no legs to stand on.

If you are sick you meet a doctor to diagnose and recommend treatment.

But people diagnosing themselves and choosing their own treatment in plastic surgery is sending not alarm bells? I feel sorry for you.

I am sure you will be okay with a person with dissociative identity disorder to undergo plastic surgeon because one personality wants it

The stupidity of your statement is shocking

Plastic Surgeon recommends a psychiatrist to a patient and gets attacked. He refunded her money:
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/evg...ng-through-plastic-surgery-can-be-a-nightmare

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  14. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every field that way needs people to have needless people spend money on it. What's more concerning about plastic surgery is not the amount wasted on it but the package of lifelong health ailments that accompany it and the less discussed side effects it brings to the patient. Just the simple silicon stuffed in your breast can screw up a person's health with issues like headaches, memory loss, pains, infections, rupture, light headedness etc.
    Honestly I can relate to you on self hatred part but guess what I would never undergo a surgery to trade a scar that doesn't hurt for a lifelong physical discomfort. Self acceptance is a long bumpy road and sometimes I fall down I despair but that's okay. I will continue my healing process till I reach somewhere where I am comfortable just being me.

15. ColdKarma

ColdKarma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk man you can't really blame the kids they are going thru tough times.
    As for the comparison between kidneys and plastic surgery: Although they are both medical procedures you have to admit Plastic surgery and removing kidneys are completely different things and removing kidneys bc of bulliying doesn't really work in this type of comparison with plastic surgery. Also we can't completely trust professional's you also have to go with your gut and research take covid for example there are professional's who say completely different things about it but they are both professional's in this case who will you chose to believe? THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CANNOT TRUST PROFFESSIONAL'S EVER in fact most of the time you should trust them but always do your own research and go with your gut.

16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    There in lies the problem.

Bullying is a mental health issue at least the problem it causes on the victims.

Sadly, the average person like you does not treat mental health issues in the same way as other health issues.

I will rephrase my analogy. If you have an issue with your kidney will you decide the best course of treatment or ask a doctor's advice? You would follow a doctor's advice.

But sadly, when it comes to mental health people do the opposite and treat themselves.

Mental health issues are not taken as seriously since its usually a silent poison.

Just read this article:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/evg...ng-through-plastic-surgery-can-be-a-nightmare

It's from a trusted site with lots of sources.

It is dangerous how people think they can treat mental health issues by themselves when they are not qualified.

Besides a surgeon cannot operate on himself. He needs another surgeon

17. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    South Korea has an extremely unhealthy obsession with beauty. Like every society value beauty but South Korea is to another degree of vanity

ALSO, no matter what anyone says I am very against cosmetic plastic surgery. I always found it hypocritical when people say "LOve yourself and your body" but then they go and do plastic surgery to change their nose or wtv.

Wujigege likes this.
  18. A Certain G.I.R.L.

A Certain G.I.R.L. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also don't plan on doing any surgeries other than the ones I absolutely need. SRS being the primary one and a plastic surgery on my face being the other one. Breasts can grow to some extent with hormones and I'm fine contenting myself with that.

Other people have the right to choose to take surgeries even if they don't need it as much as I do though, and I'm not going to blame them for that. I just hope they at least inform themselves about the possible problems that will come with this kind of surgery, as it is quite tricky.

Good luck with your self-acceptance though. It's a complicated road, but I'm certainly a lot better now than I have been before in my own self-acceptance process. While getting surgeries may help me out, a lot of other things that helped me were simply learning how to take proper care of my hair and nails, changing my wardrobe, getting laser sessions for body-hair removal, starting taking hormones for HRT, doing voice training and other things that are a lot more affordable than an actual surgery. Small steps help a lot, one does not always need the big ones.

19. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I find this topic amusing. OP only provides evidence and articles about the harmful effect of plastic surgery, and they're pretty miss-lead because plastic surgery is divided into 2 big categories: reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery. I don't think this topic is about reconstructive surgery, though.

About cosmetic surgery, there're many procedures, and some of them do fix human health, even somebody said they don't need it and should "love yourself".

Who decided the needless anyway? For someone who doesn't have body dysmorphia and still needs to fix their body by using plastic surgery, you guys should support them. Even if they have body dysmorphia, don't judge them because of their choice, who knows which sides are the culprit that makes them more desperate?

The problem here isn't plastic surgery, but people's minds are affected by random people cause they decide to change their standard face or body to become something unhealthy and unnatural, not make them become natural and happy again.

20. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never considered voice training, but I think that'll help ne too. I need to give that one a serious consideration. Thanks for the tips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.