One Benefit of Being Poor

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Apr 28, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You cannot afford plastic surgery.
    I recall a story about a Colombian woman who got butt implants. She is divorced and has a new boyfriend.

If butt implants prevented relationships from failing then Jennifer Lopez would have married Ben Afflect a decade ago. She has a better butt than Jennifer Garner

but then again Affleck divorced Garner for Jennifer Lopez.
    So what do I know..

[​IMG]

Both are Hispanic Latina but this would have been a much better punch line with Shakira

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    The modern society is degenerate. Whether you're rich or poor, you lose the moment you start playing this game

Mr gentleman, missluna, asriu and 7 others like this.
  3. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor people who find financial security later in life tend to be kinder than those who grew up well off, according to studies.

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly tho, if you are poor enough to not pay taxes but in a country decent enough to have social security... that is kind of a decent deal. sure, life may suck, but you have a genuine chance at doing better at life.

5. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the things that I've learnt from observing the people around me is that your happiness does not depend on your beauty. Some very beautiful women live the saddest life. Having the pretty face or slim figure won't guarantee you a blissful married life or a sweet loving partner. And being not so attractive doesn't mean that you are gonna suffer abuse from your partner. Some average looking women have the most blissful married life with their current partners.
    Even if you have money, I suggest no one to undergo the knife or take injections. It's a dose of momentary satisfaction and lifelong health ailments that you're putting in your body. Own your self and be your best self but don't suffer because of it. It's a very toxic message that celebrities has shoved down the throats of young people these days and that's not acceptable.

One advantage of bring poor is that you won't fear being robbed.

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I got attacked in my thread for pointing out that people with psychological issues need therapy not plastic surgery.

https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/6928929/

One idiot had the audacity to ask" Who am I".

Well, I am an educated person who believes that patients deciding their illness(bad nose) and treatment(rhinoplasty) is madness

7. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you were too straightforward for your own good. People these days can't take a bitter pill. They rather have sugar coated falsehood served on plate than bitter but helpful truths.
    All those dramas and TV shows have altered their perception of beauty. Everyone today knows that the formula to a flawless look is makeup + filter + editing. But people still run behind plastic surgeons, why?
    Because those movie stars have painted them an unattainable fantasy. With perfect looks and sweet love life and a successful career, all highlight their own imperfections.
    Today channel bags and LV shoes are not enough to satisfy the vanity of people, plastic surgeries are the new luxe.

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Given that some people have mental health issues and need actual treatment but get enabled to do something irreversible is just dangerous.

Telling a kid they are overweight is a crime now. We rather they die from diabetes. Everyone and their dog is giving medical advice.

I am sure gene splicing will be mainstream soon and people will be allowed to marry their dogs.

Somethings like the Italian government given kids by default two surnames to reflect the mother and father can be counted as actual progress.

But most so called progressive policies are just disasters.

I envision someone with Dissociative Identity Disorder getting a plastic surgery or sex change surgery the main personality doesn't want.

It's bonkers

9. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    The only benefit I know is that you can literally be happy with a dollar if you are poor rather than being rich that isnt happy with a million $$$$.

Yeah im one of those who has crap social security, crap health care and crap social norms. Not to mention the fact that they wont hire you if you dont have a college degree for something like an encoder.

Hooray to those HR who wants 2-5 years experience for a typing job.

10. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Santitation Engineer: Garbage Man :: Enforced minimalism: Poor

11. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think it will be as soon as you think, if your definition of soon is the same as mine...

Wujigege likes this.
  12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    People have been doing pseudo gene splicing for over a decade.
    I have seen videos nearing 20 years old.

You never saw bumps?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagel_head

13. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know how good I have it being poor in an orderly European country vs contested areas poor people.

My financial status guards me from stuff like unnecessary surgeries (and the many shit consequences lottery stemming from said procedures), randomly prescribed drug treatments for every time period my thoughts were sorta bleak, kept me from experiencing everything regular there is to enjoy and seeking out more and more exciting and dangerous stuff,....

Most of all, its kept me from being ravaged by the kind of people who gather around the known rich people (especially new, "unearned" ones like say, lottery winners) and make their life hell or kill them outright.

I live surrounded by crabs who know I am just as poor, maybe even more so, than them.

And so I have little things like basic survival needs to be covered to worry about instead vs many different world problems rich people worry about, because everyone finds the problems in their life easy.

It takes reflection to really know how good you have it in your little slice of the universe.

Meap likes this.
  14. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You call it a 'poor' life. I call it 'humble living'.

Greater thunder and Meap like this.
  15. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it depends on the type of plastic surgery. Take a nose job, for example, what if your nose doesn't let you breathe properly, so a nose job could fix that. Or a boob job could say your boobs are too big, so you get a boob job to make them smaller. Even botox can be used for migraines. I get you mean plastic surgery done for only appearance. At the end of the day, all plastic surgery is done with the hope that it'll make their lives better. I don't really care if people want to have surgery to change their appearance. I'm also on the side of genetic manipulation.
    I would love to get rid of the genes that gave me bad eyes and make me have to work glasses. Or if they get rid of the genes that can make you go bald. One more that I'd love to get rid of is allergies. And of course cancers and other genetic disease that lead to death. But that opens an entire different debate.

16. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    While Shakira to me is more beautiful over all even if she doesn't have jennifers butt she has a manlier voice then affleck. XD

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We should all just watch more British tv. It's so much more likely that the actors will look normal. Even chubby sometimes. Watch pie in the sky. Trust me we'll all feel much better. The dad in fresh prince of bel air would be good too. How bout that new fit bit commercial. Come on that person was real sized! How we look doesn't make us happy. But if we let other people tell us we're ugly, we are guaranteed to be miserable.

Greater thunder and Wujigege like this.
  18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I recall in Friends TV show Rachel had a nose job to fix her deviated septum.

My point is needless plastic surgery. Such people usually have body dysmorphia

https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/sourcecodepro/v10/HI_XiYsKILxRpg3hIP6sJ7fM7Pqths7Ds-cq7Gq0DA.woff2

Plastic surgery will not fix it

19. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, my bad. I thought you were referring to the gene edited babies
    but this bagel head thing is only temporary, so maybe that's why people are willing to get it done

Wujigege likes this.
  20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw bagel mixed with cat like implants so everything is not temporary

Amaruna Myu likes this.