Discussion WHO'S THE BEST "TRANSLATED" CN WEB AUTHOR

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by redanxela, Apr 29, 2022.

?

Who's the best CN webauthor

Poll closed May 19, 2022.
  1. I eat tomatoes

28.0%
  2. Er Gen

12.0%
  3. Cuttlefish loves diving

36.0%
  4. Gu Zhen ren

8.0%
  5. Fengling Tianxia

12.0%
  6. Heavenly Silkworm

4.0%
  1. redanxela

redanxela Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically this is a thread to find out who most of you think is the best CN web author.

Thing is most author on this list are the recent ones (not the old wuxia guys e.g the guy who wrote proud smiling wanderer or whatever its called)

So let's dive in

1) I EAT TOMATOES:
    Pretty sure almost everyone knows this guy. I'm not exactly a fan but he's made some pretty good novels and he introduced me to CN webnovel Through (coiling dragon)

His notable works include
    Swallowed Star, Desolate Era, Coiling Dragon, Seeking the flying sword star e.t.c

2) ER GEN:
    Another author who I'm not a fan of but he's dished out loads of classic (I disagree but well majority win right?)

Notable works include
    I shall seal the heaven, Renegade immortal, A will eternal (This I enjoy), pursuit of the truth e.t.c

3) Cuttlefish loves diving:
    seriously for me this poll Is actually a no brainer, this guy takes it, but I just want to see what most here think. most of this guys work are classic and even his early works with beginners mistake and all are awesome (I'm starting to campaign) anyways y'all probably should know him for one or two of his novels

Notable works include
    Lord of mysteries, Martial arts master. Throne of magical arcana, Embers Ad infinitum, Sage who transcends samsara.

4) Gu Zhen ren
    Probably the reason why I made this poll, I'm tired of hearing "he's the author of reverend insanity" like geez chill a bit. if he does win this poll, I might going crazy

Notable works
    Reverend insanity, infinite bloodcore, the venerable monster tamer.

5) Fengling Tianxia
    I'll be surprised if he wins, he's not bad but seems out of his leaugue. But who knows this can be one of those cliche dark horse moments that thank God has reduced a lot now

Notable works
    Legend of ling Tian, Transcending the nine heavens, otherworldly evil monarch, Realms in the firmament.

6) Heavenly Silkworm
    seriously this guy is just to filter out new CN readers vote. if he wins it sure as hell doesn't count (yes I'll rig it) please don't vote for him just to troll.

Works of his I regret reading includes:
    Battle through the heavens, Wu song kian qun, The Great ruler, Dragon prince yuan.

P.S battery low so can't include notable mentions right now, more so pls input who you think deserves to be in the poll and why you voted for who.

2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    the only title that sounds familiar to me is wu dong qian kun :blobpeek:
    was that perhaps a manhua?

3. Dark Wing

Dark Wing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only know I Eat Tomatoes

xd123 likes this.
  4. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you missed "Tang Jia San Shao" :blobokhand: Douluo Dalu series ampong other things ;)

Luttinger and xd123 like this.
  5. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know them all, but I'm only familiar with #5 works, and 6th introduced me to CN Manhua. BTTH was like my first CN crack.
    I read a few works of 1 & 2, I enjoyed them since I was an LN/WN virgin back then, the amount of money I'd pay to have that tolerance for BS again *sighs*. #3 would be my favorite, I read a few of his novels but only liked 2, LoTM and ToMA, I chose Cuttlefish because this 2 novels could be read again and you'd still enjoy it.

6. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why use all caps?

7. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Eat Tomatoes. I've never been able to finish books from any of the others. Er Gen comes close with I Shall Seal the Heavens and Renegade Immortal, but I paused both books at later arcs that I didn't like that much.

I know people are wild over Lord of the Mysteries but I've never liked Steampunk enough to get beyond the setup stage in novels.

Kumo723 likes this.
  8. redanxela

redanxela Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never really read Douluo Dalu I don't know for some weird reason I have a prejudice to that series always skipped anything that have to it with it lol

I really suck at using fonts and well stuffs that'll place emphasis on my words without using caps?

Are you uncomfortable with caps or it's much of a trouble? I'm sorry if that's the case

Lmao well I do to

9. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this list sounded really biased and xuanhuan centered and many of them aren't even considered the best.

It should be
    - Xu Lei
    - MoXiang TongXiu
    - Priest
    - Cang Yue
    - Mao Ni
    -TangJia SanShao
    - Heavenly Silkworm Potatoe
    - I Eat Tomatoes

10. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    My introduction to the genre (with Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformation). A solid pick, but I find his writings to be rarely bad, but also rarely good, so most of it's just average, and what I find to be the standard.
    My introduction to the "comedic cultivation protagonist". I find his novels always have a great start, but kind of fall off right at the end. Evident with some of his most popular works: Renegade Immortal, I Shall Seal the Heavens, etc.
    I'll probably vote for him solely for Lord of the Mysteries, but his other works just never did it for me. He likes info-dumping A LOT while also having paragraph-long dialogues, these can be annoying to read sometimes, he makes up for it with his amazing world-building and story progression.
    He's most notably known for Reverend Insanity, but I actually preferred Infinite Bloodcore more. I just find it annoying how he always tries to remind the readers of Reverend Insanity how "smart and evil" the MC is. Infinite Bloodcore was more subtle and natural about the portrayal of the characters.

I haven't read enough of his works to make a general judgement on his writings, so pass for me.
    I've read quite a bit of his works, and I've forgotten how most of them went. That's how much I find his writings forgettable. Also, I hate how he writes harems.
    The only author here whose works I've never read past chapter 10. Maybe it was because by the time I decided to read his novels, I've already read a lot of cultivation novels, so I just found his writing a bit boring.

11. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    Although Heavenly Silkworm Potatoe and I Eat Tomatoes is on my list, I wouldn't consider them. I never rlly like authors that only write fillers and don't really produce any solid worldbuilding and character development. Although Xu Lei dig holes, his DaoMu BiJi is still consider classic. Its sad very few international readers know about DMBJ. I only like skilled authors. Authors like Heavenly Silkworm seems to be just out for money and don't really improve his writing. At least Xu Lei's work predicted actual artifacts. Many of the stuff written in his works are now found to actually exist

12. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't really read them because of their shounen-ai/yaoi elements, I'll give their works a try once I'm more comfortable reading them.
    Their works I think I've avoided because of how frequently translators dropped them, also because of how annoying it seemed to follow through the stories considering how many books there were.
    Her works honestly have too much drama for me. And how the MC and their love interest(s) act can honestly be so infuriating.
    Now Mao Ni just has the right amount of drama for me. Not too much to overwhelm me, and not too little for me to find it boring. But regarding his plots... he confuses me. One moment he goes for historical/political, next he goes for cultivation, next he goes for sci-fi. He also likes to info-dump, but apart from those few cons, I like his writings, especially Ze Tian Ji (didn't really like the later chapters though, with the "family" blablabla)
    Same problem with Xu Lei, but worse. How many books can you make based on one story? Geez. I also hated how in Tang Sect, his team members became nigh-useless because of how strong the MC has gotten, falling to the typical "MC has different Power Scaling" trope.

13. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    But the main book is translated tho??

better writing than those filler writers. her characters are interesting and the world building is also good

14. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie: I have read(and dropped) novels of every single author mentioned here except Cuttlefish loves diving, so I'm guessing that his work is the only one that I find interesting. So I guess I'd vote for him.