Discussion Female Respected Novel and Female Alpha and Male Omega Novel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by sweethani, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Reedusk

Reedusk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true though. I'm not respected as women even in my dreams.

A_G_V likes this.
  2. sweethani

sweethani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you find it dubious just don't read it though. I had already mentioned that it is literally translated. And I am not a Chinese native nor I know how to speak read and write Chinese. I just translated it literally. If you have any problem find native Chinese to ask them what they meant about the tags. I am not forcing you either to read it. I just want to share the story for those who wants to read it :blobsmirk: If you don't appreciate it good for you just write your own story :blobunamused:

A_G_V, Reedusk and DrunkReader01 like this.
  3. Dudduls

Dudduls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh i never intended to cause all this drama! I was just wondering about the tag. I have no opinion on the novels themselves. I don't understand why you're all offended, indeed if the tag is sexist it is due to the original creators of the tag AKA the Chinese readers/authors. I just wanted to point out you could maybe adapt the tag in English because it is offending to the female population (at least I think it is), and there is little sense in continuing to use an offending/unclear term just because it is the original tag.

A_G_V likes this.
  4. Reedusk

Reading List:
    Link
    A person can't rename something they think is offensive. For example you can't rename penis as pens because you don't like how it sounds. People have to accept the changes as well.

sweethani and A_G_V like this.
  5. Dudduls

Dudduls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your example is correct but i don't think it applies to what I was saying. What's wrong with renaming the tag 'female respected' which is a traduction of an unclear chinese tag (let's be honest here, which person understood at first glance the title of this discussion) and in my humble opinion sexist tag at that, with 'Matriarchal society' or the like. It seems to me that we are at the beginning of the creation and use of this tag on this forum, now is the time to change things.

And to be clear on what you said, yes people can rename things which are offending, why do you think people stopped using the word 'nigger'. Languages are always changing, new words appears in dictionaries every year.

If readers of this comment agree with me please Like, if not please do refrain from continuing the debate, I think everyone is uninterested in continuing this further.

6. Reedusk

Reading List:
    Link
    Only Americans used 'nigger' and they collectively decided it to change it. Let's be honest it still exist. That's why you had to use it to make me know which word you are talking about. We didn't use it. So it never existed for us.

7. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not an actual tag( just MTL problem)
    "Matriarchy" is an actual tag and it's not just this there are many other tags that doesn't make sense after you MTL them. It's just language problem...

sweethani likes this.
  8. sweethani

sweethani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know but I prefer female respect cause it is the literal translation if I change it to Matriarchal society I felt like I don't give justice to the Chinese characters. It is also because I am not a native that I don't like to change things as it is since I felt like I don't have the right to do so. I am also a woman I just don't take it to heart. If you felt offended I think I don"t have to say sorry to you right because I am not the one make the tag, I don't think I have done something terrible because of sharing MTL

斜阳故里稻花香
    Author: 一点香

Inexplicably came to this world and got married unprepared. As a woman, when you come to the world of subverted views, is it a wind and water, or is it under the fence of a flower field?

FL: Jiang Di
    ML: Ou Xian

I could change the tag if you are a native Chinese. If you are a Chinese native give me an explanation on why it is fine to change the 女尊 I like to learn something about this character and how to use it in sentence. Love lots. If you are not I won't change the tag.

DrunkReader01 likes this.
  9. Reedusk

Reading List:
    Link
    Early Winter= Chu Dong.

10. whoislikeaparadox

whoislikeaparadox New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I get the hanzi for the "female respect" tag? I feel like their meaning of 'respect' may have a different sort of meaning than what we think. Like 'supremacy' or 'authority'. Which is often connected to an ABO society. There are many chinese characters that directly translate to the word 'respect' but have completely different meanings.

Vace13 likes this.
  11. Vace13

Vace13 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It means female superiority. Blame mtl translation for cliche

Y
    You are doing great helping me with making a list btw thank you so much

Reedusk likes this.