Discussion is paripi koumei good?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Shiki, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't watched it at all. but my feed is full of that chitty chitty bang bang music right now.

not really an anime watcher though. what is it about, and is it worth watching?

Hiraga likes this.
  2. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Its about the three kingdoms strategist Kongming. Basically a reverse isekai to the modern era japan in his younger age after he died. How he is using three kingdoms strategies to help out an amateur singer Eiko.
    As of now im on episode 3. So far so good. Great animation and no crappy cgi.

Shiki likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manga. Haven't watched the anime but I liked the ed( mainly because it's a cover of a song I remember).
    It's plot begins with the famous strategist of the 3 kingdoms, Kongming being transmigrated to Japan. He awakens at a parade, gets drunk and wanders into s club. There he meets an amateur singer and the beauty of her voice at that moment leads to him becoming her manager.

The plot basically details the pairs attempts in developing her musical career and rise to top. Kongming uses the 36 stratagems, the art of war and other techniques to help ensure every event is a success. This includes drawing crowds, finding collaborators, setting the perfect stage and etc.
    Overall it's pretty fun read. The characters beyond the main cast are interesting and aren't usually one dimensional and are often drivers of arcs. The arcs so far are different from one another.

4. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like it so far as of episode 5. Also, EIKO's singing voice is one of my favorite utaites 96neko, so that's a plus.

5. Ekisiel

Ekisiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NGl, the opening song made me watch it :blobpeek:
    [​IMG]

6. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    Best opening to anime this season.
    Also, it's a decent and fun read. It's not something mind-blowing that will stay with you for years but i do enjoy reading manga (Checked anime too and as far as i saw they did a great job at adapting source material) so you can stick with either

7. Hiraga

Hiraga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, Ya Boy Kongming is one of the best anime this season. All soundtracks are pretty bop too. It gives me a break from all those dumbass isekai cringe beta MCs.

The Dance in the OP is pretty cool too~
    [​IMG]

Fun Fact for those who doesn't know: The OP of the anime is originally a Hungarian Song named Bulikirály by Jolly. It seems the author is really a fan of Hungary since they even put a Hungarian flag on Eiko's jacket.