Social experiments videos on yt are fake

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cool shade of grey, May 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Cool shade of grey

Cool shade of grey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously I am doubting humanity now.
    This evening I was out on my vehicle two wheeler and near a turning I slipped and fell. Don't ask me how, it happened in a fraction of a second. And I found myself with my vehicle on top of my legs trapping them . I was unable to move unless someone helped me and it happened in the middle of the road. The car behind me stopped and the driver just stared at me. Da fuk? I mean the other vehicles just went by side and whole two three minutes no one helped me. I was just fallen there in a trance.afterwards a lady ran towards me to pick up the vehicle. I was dazed...a man came too..but I mean like...howcan there be no feelings no humanity to help?
    Fortunately I wasn't hurt just a graze and slight throb. I was lucky...but man this totally lessens my faith in humankind

2. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are in an urban area 2-3 mins is quick.Especially if you are in a multi-ethnic location. Contrast the response of the assault on the woman in a Philly train versus a retired gurkha soldier in the midst of a train robbery a few years ago.

predictingthings and Airlol like this.
  3. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be the one standing to stare until someone provides help and I join in
    I do not have the courage to be the first to help
    I'm sorry.
    I mean, I'm perfectly happy to help someone who asks me for help first, but I won't actively go for it...

otaku31 and Airlol like this.
  4. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel more amaze at you for still believe in human before this incident. The YT video indeed show mankind kindness but you should not forget that video is only 10+ minutes video length only. If you compare with bad attitude human do, that video if been compact in 1 video will make a movie.

Is not that I saying humankind is bad but human is more like to see other suffer than to see other happy (except in fantasy). For example, if you see the comedy tv show, you will laugh at the characters that suddenly fall, been pie cream at the face or been kick at the ball. We watch and laugh but if you think very logic, that is hurt thing so why we human laugh pain thing?

Sorry, English is not my main language and I need to go watch fireworks now.

Cool shade of grey likes this.
  5. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that the concept that the more people are around, the less likely they are to help you? It is one of the known psychological behaviour of apes - I mean humans.

Also it depends on culture, heritage,ethnicity, gender and so on.

6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am too awkward to proffer a stranger help without being asked for it first, and too unsure to do it unless the stranger makes it quite clear he is referring to me in unambiguous terms; I might also get too nervous if a crowd begins to gather, not to mention the belief that if others are already there, they would do it, and probably better than me... social anxiety can be a killer, in more ways than one. :blobpeek:

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    Amaruna Myu likes this.
  7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    it depend on the place ya know~
    so is this your first time on traffic accident? poor thing~
    19642.png
    as for this cat, that usual~ some people will react fast to help, some slower, some just spectator~ all for different reasons~ oh do you know after shock can be also feel by bystander? basically people who close by can be as shocked as you when such thing happen despite not involved, more so those who see it first hand~

now after accident, you better go to sideline, drink some water to calm yourself~ after few minutes to one hour you may continue~ that depend on injury, body constitution and mental condition~ there saying err proverb? among truck drivers here, on the road you either hit something or something hit you~

tbh if this lessen your faith, imo you rarely involve on this kind of event~

oh as for social experiment on YouTube, some feel like staged rather than fake~

8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depend on the culture i think.
    Some might be afraid of helping people because they can get into trouble instead or they are afraid they need to help until it's done when they do not have the time to accompany the person.

In my case, when I was dizzy almost fainted while driving my bike, I stopped at the side of the road and just sat there. And people, older people (not young men) that lived in the area were asking me and tried to help eventhough I refused few times because i didnt want to bother people. They told me to rest/sit inside the store, gave me hot sweet tea.