Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Jeanneth_fiore

Jeanneth_fiore Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn visited this forum after a long time tbh if the author decides to stop this novel I really wish them good luck to their future endeavors

SnowdropLily likes this.
  2. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a Reika fanart
    [​IMG]
    I also posted it on my tumblr in here, but I figured it'd be less of a pain to view it directly in this forum rather than use the link.
    Do you guys still want to talk about Kenkyo Kenjitsu ? I missed having those discussions, do you guys want to talk about Reika herself, the friendships, or any ships you might have had in mind ? (like, any ship, I was too defensive against Kaburei before and still don't like the ship, but it's not like he's evil incarnate or actively malicious it's a valid ship)
    Do you guys want to talk about the narrative, and which direction the narrative looked like it headed, from the beginning ?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  3. Misty143

Misty143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wassup wassup yow yow!! Author sama:blobsob::blobsob: WE EXISTTTT!!:blobsob:

Kesoyen likes this.
  4. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys the author stopped updating Kenkyo in october 2017. The fanfiction translation of Kenkyo aired between July and October 2017, do you guys think the author thought they got plagiarized and stopped updating.. ? ( I mean unlike other translations, it got translated in ffnet which is generally for works created by the user rather than translations and such) Can someone speak japanese in here ?

5. busyoldfool

busyoldfool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Pretty sure that’s not it. I don’t speak Japanese, but the author has no socmed and they don’t even leave author notes. No one knows why the author stopped, not even the jp fandom. I really really doubt they even know what ff.net is tho.

mereumsama likes this.
  6. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh great, thanks for telling me

7. aoi.chan

aoi.chan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any chance HiyokoCake is an actual ojou-sama and her parents found out about her field trips to commoner establishments and she's been banned...or she got busted on writing the novel...I've reread it so many times and just wish for Reika-sama to finally escape being the village chief of the forever alone village. No amount of headcanon and fanfiction can give the same amount of satisfaction as the actual content from the original author.

8. chocolatechipcookie

chocolatechipcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao still actively checking back here. I remember the freshmen me from years ago thinking that since there were lots of chapters "if only I could catch up with this novel before it's completed" guess who's eating their words now that I'm older than Reika I was younger than her but man time hits different..like smh stop time

I miss Reika's fun dynamics, romance or not, it's still a fun read. It's the only slice if life I still genuinely enjoy tbh, hard to find anything comparable

Updating is still very much appreciated author-san if you're out there QAQ I swear I'll sell a kidney, someone else's but still

9. tonyolexia

tonyolexia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything about the author is wrapped in mystery. So curious about them. Have they really not left author's notes or at least interacted with the jp fans when they were still updating Kenkyo?

mereumsama likes this.
  10. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, from what I can remember, they seemed to have been a very private individual. There were a lot of theories about why Kenkyou never got an official Light Novel release, given every other villainess-related isekai did, and Kenkyou was popular enough to have tons of fanart while being just a web novel, so there was speculation that the author MUST have gotten a deal from a publisher somewhere, and yet turned it down—possibly because they are a very private individual, or only wrote their story as a hobby.

But again, this is all speculation and theories. As far as I know, I don't think any of this was ever confirmed, and was just fans guessing at the strange situation surrounding this highly popular (at the time) web novel that didn't seem to have an official LN anywhere… and then suddenly, the story stopped being updated.

mereumsama and readerz like this.
  11. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to believe the author will be back, they were updating for quite a bit before they went on Hiatus (5 chaps in such close ranges iirc), so I'm just deluding myself that they'll suddenly pop up again and continue.

I wish the author left a bit of their identity or something. Is it possible to track them somehow? I hope the Japanese fandom are still active, even if occasionally.

I've waited for a lot of things, and I definitely can wait for Reika-sama. It's just hard to wait for it since there's really no info on them... Hopefully they're fine and healthy

12. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anya’s school life from Spy x Family keeps reminding me of Reika. It’d be really great if the author picks up the story again! :blobsob:

13. crispyliza

crispyliza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh... I miss this novel so much

14. Farahlolita

Farahlolita Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This journey really made me réalise how fast time flies , I always come back here to check for updates yet there is nothing, and here I am one year older then two and the years flow , this really thaught me something precious , I should cherish life because its going fast and I need to let go of attachements since life won't wait for me to get over something so I should just move on

15. Eustasia

Eustasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been almost 5 years of waiting for Reika's story to unfold. This story has always been on my mind whenever I read villainess stories and I just can't help but come back to see if there's an update. I don't what will take place first, my death or a new chapter.

[​IMG]

mereumsama, MrDot and Shougokita like this.
  16. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author could've died and we wouldn't have known :bloborz:

mereumsama likes this.
  17. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I beg of you to not say such things:blobfearful:, every single one of us has thought of this at LEAST once, but we're trying to hold on hope and I don't want that tiny hope to be dashed..... It's a concern worth thinking about, but not something I personally would like to reach to deep in... :blobsob:

mereumsama and evanesco99211 like this.
  18. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Reika Sama.....I miss you

mereumsama likes this.
  19. OrangeSky

OrangeSky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Viviré con Humildad y Confianza como mi Lema FINAL" Title of kenkyo fanfic in fanfiction,net although in spanish but still very readable with mtl

I love it. It helps alleviate my thirst for updates after the cut off in chapter 299. It is like a continuation of the novel through the minds of fanfic user...

If i was a good writer I want to write all the daydreams i have of 'what ifs' of this novel.

I really wish there would be more fanfics or ao3 of kenkyo out there.

20. Wishky

Wishky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this post from you, I immediately saw it. and it's really fun. however, it's still frustrating. there is no continuation. I beg of you, to take responsibility for the pain I feel now. ahhh seeing reika being chased by 3 handsome boys zuiran makes me not stop smiling.

mereumsama and MrDot like this.