Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. LynnXiu

LynnXiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyouuuu muchh for the concise summery!!
    Now I get the gist since the anime is starting to get into the nobles part...
    I remember reading somewhere here in this thread that people are discussing Ferdinand's age and if it's considered pedo as myne was so young. I'm glad that their ship is still sailing altho very slow.
    And ofc I would like MynexFerdi as a power couple ✨✨✨

No, I dont... I came here to refresh my memory about the plot after the new season starts so I read the (incomplete) wiki and skim thru the early pages of this thread. I give up after the nobels and difficult names show up, too many to follow up...

saix2 likes this.
  2. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes there are people who skim read this novel too fast until they get to the confirmation that Ferdinand is the hidden male lead. They tend to forget that this story involves Gods due to Urano (22 when she died)being reincarnated as Myne (5yrs old when she was devoured). They thought that this was soul possession.

Very slowly throughout the story we also get to know Urano like she is Shuu's best friend. Urano has a circle of friends as well where she pretends to socialize sometimes and debunk that topic that she is into Shuu. Shuu has a girlfriend, Shuu hates her becoz to him, she refused to grow up. Urano's dad die from car accident (I wonder how the light novel improve this). Her hobby of reading came from that trauma. To forget and escape reality. She is a daddy's girl.

So technically if you ask me this story is still about her, slowly opening up to the world

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    lazynoodles, X2XO, Neuthue and 5 others like this.
  3. Ponychan

Ponychan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I've been reading the light novel and this forum for years now and I have a few questions. If anyone can answer, much appreciated.
    1. What happened to Raimund? Did he successfully become Ferdinand's retainer? Did he relocate back to the now-Alexandria? I remember Ferdinand does not trust people not name-sworn to him.
    2. What did Eglantine feel about being zent? Did she feel remorse for Rozemyne for treating her as a tool just so she could avoid responsibility as a royal? I was pissed off. If not because of Ferdinand getting angry at the royals and blackmailing them for Rozemyne, Rozemyne would be the third wife of Sigiswald.
    3. Are their major character deaths aside from the enemies? I'm kinda worried there would be deaths to allies of Ferdinand and Rozemyne. I remember reading that Rozemyne had a talk with a noble and a moment later, this noble was turned into a feystone. Presumbly, that happened during the invasion of Ehrenfest when Giebe Gerlach had a metal hand or something. Not sure though.
    Thanks.

lazynoodles and Jukki like this.
  4. Tarniaesquetta

Tarniaesquetta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes, he put Raimund on the house of lords for a plan, he's too simple to use, so ferdi uses him
    2. At first, her sense of duty overweighs her guilt for Rozemyne, collapse of a civilization vs 1 friend. After fixing the problem regarding imminent doom, Eglantine had to realize how much damage she and the royal fam did because Rozemyne and Ferdinand made it clear. Rozemyne was even sarcastic for a bit(but to Anastasius before big auditorium battle) i think, she's sad for rozemyne but not regretful if faced with that situation again, i think she'll still do that because it's the path she knows with the least bloodbath.
    3. No major character deaths, the former giebe (Groazam, Matthias' father) killed a lot of people(including someone Rozemyne just talked to, giebe gerlach lead knight I think) and Rozemyne happens to be in the battlefield witnessing it. None of the characters close to Rozemyne died

Ponychan, Jukki and Callumcortes like this.
  5. Ponychan

Ponychan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much. Though I'm reading the J-Novel translations, I'm still dying for spoilers just to know some bits.

Tarniaesquetta likes this.
  6. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Current story I think Raymund is one of his lead researchers. Remember his planned 3 labs besides Rozemyne library? If he is dedicated there is no info for now, but Ferdinand also took the former Ahrensbach Knight Commander under his wing so maybe they are not dedicated. Unless he knew too much. FYI Heidemary was not dedicated to Ferdinand coz if she is, Ferdinand should have tank her and the Ekharts baby they died eventually. Only Eckhart survive becoz of his dedication to Ferdinand.
    Eglantine according to latest chapter is doing catch up in mana quantity and her colors. She told Hannelore she will get the real book in a years time. So there is still a sense that she might scheme. If its a friendly or a neutral way as a leader, we dont know. Always think that the nobles in this world are like Game of Thrones Nobles. They will stabbed you if unprepared. So what she feels right now? Maybe nervous? Becoz she is dedicated to Rozemyne. She might die if Rozemyne failed her mission.
    As per recent ongoing story Ferdinand and those dedicated to him are being tank by Rozemyne's life thread. 2 out of 3 threads are currently connected now. 10 days had passed since she went back in time. We might possibly relieve Heidemary and her babies death, Imruhilde, Seradina, Aub Adelbert etc...

---++++-----
    Not related reply statement (opinion)
    IMG_20220504_044226.jpg
    IMG_20220504_044408.jpg
    Well its weird in other form of medium (manga, fanbook, anthology and junior bunko). Is it possible we might also get 10-13yr old Benno and Liz? I'm sure one way or another they might cross path with Rozemyne. In current arc (time travel). Just a theory ok. Becoz they designed Liz, she is just minor character but she got a design. And I dont see any design with Karin yet. Are we getting you know what I mean??? Second chances???

Sorry I cant take this out of my head right now.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  7. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    I think heidemary made a dedication but was too weak to battle poison, or ferdi returned it after she got married OR she dedicated to eckhart instead(Ferdi <-- Eckhart <-- Heidemary), ferdi only lived due to his immunity and myne's amulet that detoxifies.
    Eglantine> i think she just wants to be legitimate because it's less risky for her family, she's not so very cruel/cold hearted, i think she values myne but it's complicated. She values peace the most.

(please message me the link to where you got those images:aww:)

eekaargh and Jukki like this.
  8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 1st image was Benno, Liz and who? I dont think it's Corinna. Was it his other sister?

If Egrantine gets the real GH, so the ones in Rozemain and Ferdinan would still for them or return to the Evermain before it's gven to Egrantine or what?

9. Tarniaesquetta

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone qualified can get GH even if there are 100 of them, anyone qualified can get it (anyone who wants to destroy jurgen schmidt are disqualified) so ferdi and myne can keep theirs

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So there will be 2 GH (one of Rozemain and Ferdinand and another is whoever will get it?
    Wait, Rozemain and Ferdinand GHs do not fusion to be one instead they co-pas each other's content of what theirs GH missing iirc. So there'll be 3 GH.

For now, Zeng is Egrantine, the only ones to know her GH is not real GH are Rozemain and Ferdinand, right?
    Is the next Zeng will be chosen after the last one dies just like archduke or people who qualify will compete every year?

11. Neuthue

Neuthue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone with 7 attributes can have GH - it was mentioned that in old times every Aub had one, and everyone (qualified) has his/her own knowledge (GH) - as Treesus stated.
    GH is the very thing that qualifies you to be in the selection for the next Zent, it does not mean that you will be selected or you want to be Zent.

Edit: phrasing

saix2 likes this.
  12. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just with @Tarniaesquetta post, I understood about the qualification for Zent. 7 atributes. And big mana. Go tour all the shrines in the Academy. All of that. I understood.

In both posts, my questions were not about that GH qualification tho.
    I'm sorry maybe I expressed/wrote my questions in difficult to understand? I'm ESL.

Okay.
    Rozemain and Ferdinand both have GH. Theirs are actually half half GH. They both fill the missing info by reading each other's GH. I dont know if their GHs become 2 fully GH with them filling the missing info or still half half GH since Evermain asks them to take the GH to make it into one full GH.

And then, Gervagio goes and takes one for himself too. Since the three of them are asked to compete using GH to close the border gate or to fill the border gate with mana (?) (I forgot abt this part), so one can be the Zent.
    Then, Ferdinand wins the race by 'killing' Gervagio chance to come back. I figure this is the reason the god doesnt take back his GH. Or maybe the god gives him the full GH, not half GH anymore?
    Or is it Rozemain who won it, since she's the only one doing the task lol

After that, Egrantine is chosen as Zent then goes to the god and ritual and then gets GH. But it's not the real GH, but the fake one. So she'll still need to try to achieve the right GH from the god.

By this point, Rozemain and Ferdinand have half half GHs, Egrantine has a fake GH.
    When Egrantine is qualified to take the real GH. Is that the GH from both Rozemain and Ferdinand? Will they both return it to the god and god will give it to Egrantine? Or the god will make another real GH for the Zent (that's Egrantine for now).
    Or just like Neuthue said, those who qualify can have GH. So the GH is not only 1 but can be 2 or 3 GH as not only one or two people to get into the selection.

I mean, it's a god's magic tool, the ultimate tool needs to govern the country. Can GH be owned or given to more than one person?

Egrantine is kind to Rozemain but she knows her responsibility, her trauma of the coup de tat. She might take the effective way to ensure peace.
    With how Ferdinand despises being controlled and how the royal/the higher duchies treated them and with how things end up. I understand both will want to be careful and have one thing that can protect them from the Zent or the next Zent.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  13. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GH can be owned by more than one person because GH is the prerequisite to becoming a king's candidate. After obtaining GH, the candidates still have to compete between themselves and the winner finally becomes the king.

Proper GH can only be obtained from Gods after the candidate finishes praying in all temples, but GH itself is actually split into two parts: the 'tome' part, which is the empty container, and then the 'knowledge' part which the candidate essentially download into their tome. The reason why Ferdinand and Rozemyne can share GH is because each of them has their own tome, with Rozemyne 'downloaded' the rest of the knowledge Ferdinand failed to download the first time. However, it is possible to write new things into the tome, and it is also possible to copy knowledge to other mediums, like normal paper or stone tablets. Hence, it is possible to create a man-made GH or have more than one candidate copy each other's missing knowledge.

Regarding Eglantine's GH:
    Her GH is a fake one, because it is not given by God but created by Ferdinand. Ferdinand first created an empty magic tome from magic papers and then manually copied select knowledge needed to govern the country into the tome. After the fake GH is made, he can just hand it to Eglantine, but the so-called ritual is needed as a smokescreen to fool other nobles to think that Eglantine's GH is the 'real' one given by the Gods via Mestionora's incarnation (aka Rozemyne). For myriad reasons, the fact that (1) GH can be man-made, albeit only a very inferior copy and (2) Ferdi make a GH for the new king, cannot be known to the public, hence all the ruse.

lazynoodles, saix2 and Kaylee like this.
  14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!
    So the GH can be more than 1 and is not only owned by 1 person.

15. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Counting the GH in the story? Ferdinand and Rozemyne is just 1 genuine copy, originally this is Ferdinand's but Rozemyne is a devourer so there she has his copy becoz they had the same mana sig. There is a magic tool GH in the underground library the one left by dotting/spoiling former Zent, they advised Anastazius last meeting to get it in order to assist Eglantine. Eglantine has a magic tool GH created by Ferdinand. Eglantine told Hannelore she needs 1 more year to get her real GH copy. Gervagio has his own copy but Rozmyne and Ferdinand halted his downpour from Mestionora and absorb it converting some of its contents to mana not writing that is why his book had so many holes.

images of Benno and company are from Junior Bunko and manga.

eekaargh likes this.
  16. LhianaLhune

LhianaLhune Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone tell me what happened yo myne family after she got adopted? and what happened to her little brother? did she ever met him? and who becomes the king after the fight to the throne? did myne forgot about her family and other's such as benno and lutz? after the goddess wiling her memory? and what happened to the real myne? did she really die? and why is her magical power is so high?

17. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    went on with their lives, still try to contact Myne using their professions - Tuuli as exclusive craftsman, Effa as dyer of clothes, Gunther as soldier. In short they still see each other but occasionally only.

he grew up playing with children from the orphanage, friends with Dirk. So he knows how to read and write unlike regular commoners. His dream is to become a merchant like Lutz (he looks up to him).

Eglantine is pinpointed as temporary Zent (she made a deal with Rozemyne and Ferdinand in exchange for a fake GH).

yep side effect of being descended by Mestionora and staying too long at her library.

She is Myne. Urano and Myne are the same soul/person. Myne before dying already had access to her Urano memories her devouring situation just eaten a portion of her and leak Urano's lifetime to Myne's current body. (I'm sorry my English is not that good to explain it)

Author already confirmed this on her twitter.
    As 5yr old Myne yes, that is why she had God of Life's mark on her. (Sorry I had hart time spelling Ewgwielibe)

she over compress her mana since awakening in that world as Myne, she had no way to release them. That is why it turned out like that.

eekaargh and LhianaLhune like this.
  18. LhianaLhune

LhianaLhune Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did her family knows she's not the real myne? or does she knows she's always been the real myne?

so it's like she doesn't have a full consiousnes in myne body before myne herself die? then when myne herself body die she got her consiousnes and she thought she's not the real myne but she's always the real myne all along till the beginning like she has two body in different world but only has one soul? since some manga and manwha have this situation where they have two body but the other soul is sticking in their other body while the other doesn't that's why they don't have their consiousnes until their other body died?

19. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what Effa think about past Myne in p1v2

A conversation between Otto and Gunther
    Thats what her current biological parents think. pre5 yr old Myne is already exploring her memories as Urano. And Gunther doesn't mind about current Myne.

If this is going to be explored again maybe in the later arcs (time traveling) since Gods are involve with her reincarnation anyway.
    Screenshot_2022-05-08-21-12-51-771_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg
    (She wished it btw)

I think we can use episode 1 visuals. Where her Myne layer was slowly eaten by devouring then comes her Urano layer as defense mechanism of her soul not to be entirely eaten away.

LhianaLhune and Jukki like this.
  20. LhianaLhune

LhianaLhune Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so it's like she doesn't have a full consiousnes in myne body before myne herself die? then when myne herself body die she got her consiousnes and she thought she's not the real myne but she's always the real myne all along till the beginning like she has two body in different world but only has one soul? since some manga and manwha have this situation where they have two body but the other soul is sticking in their other body while the other doesn't that's why they don't have their consiousnes until their body died?
    What do you mean with myne layer? so when myne layer was being eaten that's when urano memories come and her consiousnes? so basically urano is long dead?