The Secret To Success Is Old After All

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, May 8, 2022.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is Wise. Hatred is Foolish.
    Learn to tolerate those you DO NOT like

Paps, 0000000, daisukenowaifu and 3 others like this.
  2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I will only tolerate them when he is toasting with the poison I gave him. XD
    All so I can see them drink to their forfeit. XD

SwordEmpress likes this.
  3. Lemonlyn

Lemonlyn ♥[ Incubus ] Onee-san Seducer♥

Reading List:
    Link
    *claps*

But also like I will not tolerate people unless it benefits me and I will not ever see them in the future

SwordEmpress and aegis062 like this.
  4. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    but humans are a creature that inherently enjoys conflict and violence.

Grey_Angel and SwordEmpress like this.
  5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, for his intellectual piece, I have not much comment. Seek the objective truth, the true truth and not the ones that are diluted or contaminated.

For his moral piece however, I always believe that even tolerance has a limit, moreso when the ones you are tolerating has no tolerance for you. You can stand on the moral high ground all you like, but once a line is crossed, there should not be anymore compromising.

That is the thing about tolerance, it must be done by all parties involved, with compromises in place and rules upholded.

Looking at the current state of the world, I would say we have failed.

6. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
    Acceptance of everything means that nothing is able to influence you and thus you reach a state of permanent peace...

7. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Tolerance doesn't mean being a doormat, I concur.
    There is a difference between being tolerant and being oppressed or robbed.
    When a threshold is crossed you have to retaliate. Sadly, many refuse to. I think this should also apply to others around us eg bullying.
    People let such behaviour pass the threshold and don't retaliate. The bullies are usually the minority, if the faculty or the other students band together it will be uprooted.

Any other examples will be too political.
    People are just too self serving and narrow minded. This poem comes to mind.

When the bullies came for the Latino kids I didnt speak up
    When they came for the Asian kids I didnt speak
    When they came for me, there was no one to speak up for me

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    0000000 likes this.
  8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tolerance and intolerance have become popular topic in my country this recent years.
    No one will raise the problem when it's not actually a problem for them to solve.
    So, the one being suppressed/discriminated can only let it go.
    But yeah, it becomes big when it involves politic and the power.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. SwordEmpress

SwordEmpress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My dear that is why I have been holding on to my sanity with my CS Professor, swear to god, if he shows off one more thing, and say the exam is really easy, his words, “I’m sure you all will do well, I’m expecting a lot of A’s.” When everyone got the exam papers, all the blood drained out of their faces. Fk this dude, the class is planning to report the guy to the dean, I’m not gonna get an A with 30-35% worth final and midterm. And I’m feeling absolutely terrible with no sleep and shots of coffee, I feel so nauseous!! I really needed to rant, just got my power nap but still feel horrid!! ‍‍
    (I hope his damn Tesla he can’t stop talking about for a year, breaks down and he loses or ruins our test papers and we all get A!! And this old dude needs to retire, go write a dang CS book and publish it for the students instead, I’m sure he would make more money that way too!! But just plz leave our sanity alone!!)

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he lacks awareness. Have you tried talking to him privately?

Even if that doesn't work out, remember that life is long. This experience is just a drop in the ocean that is your life.
    Don't give it more credence than it deserves.

PS You are welcome to rant.. Bottling things inside is dumb. You will be like a pressure cooker and explode on some innocent person.
    Cheers!

SwordEmpress likes this.
  11. SwordEmpress

SwordEmpress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!! I also like to talk than keeping it in, my whole class has been going on a ranting rampage in our discord.
    This is hilarious but one of his other class reported him to the dean, but it just made it worse according to their statement. And one of the guys in our class was one of the best only got a B so he filed a letter of grievance!!
    Like this morning he had made an appointment to meet at 11:00 and was their for an hr, and at 2 he showed us the email from prof that instead it was “him” who didn’t show up like *bruh wutt* at 1.
    And this Professor’s number on the syllabus Does Not Exist!!, he still hasn’t gotten back to me about the emails I sent to him last semester. So he definitely has a problem, but he is the head of the CS department and they want to keep him.
    But whatever the reason was I was expecting a low C but got a B!! So I’m not shooting myself on the foot, but never gonna see him ever again!!

Wujigege likes this.